[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Weekly Maintenance

PhearalPhearal
Vindictus Rep: 640
edited March 8, 2017 in Europe Chat
Hello Staff and Players!

I was thinking about the weekly Maintenance for europe it's 16:00-18:00 (4:00-6:00 PM) wich i find quite annoying since most of us are used to that this was done in the morning and not at the end of the midday / start evening.

Is there any chance that this could be done in the Morning or perhaps early in the midday?
Hope this could be a Hot-Topic :)

Thank you for taking your time to read this :)

Have a Nice day!
SchetilleManiaCookieYakuzamaZupsero
  1. Maintenance in the Morning or leave it like this24 votes
    1. Please in the Morning.
       79% (19 votes)
    2. Leave it like this.
       21% (5 votes)

Comments

• SchetilleSchetille
    Vindictus Rep: 680
    I don't think this will get changed, since it's 8 am for them, so if we wanted to change maintenance time for example at our european 8 am they would have to do it at 9 pm day before. We can give it a try though
  • ManiaCookieManiaCookie
    Vindictus Rep: 520
    I want Morning
  • PhearalPhearal
    edited March 8, 2017
    Schetille wrote: »
    I don't think this will get changed, since it's 8 am for them, so if we wanted to change maintenance time for example at our european 8 am they would have to do it at 9 pm day before. We can give it a try though

i know but that's the reason i wanted to make this a topic because im sure many players in europe do think the same :)
  • HiyoriiiHiyoriii
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    Me too i want to put back morning.
  • YakuzamaYakuzama
    Vindictus Rep: 930
    +1 vote for Morning.
  • MadcobraMadcobra
    Vindictus Rep: 5,230
    Morning would be better but like someone wrote aleredy doubt it wil be changed
    Soany
  • DealerDealer
    Vindictus Rep: 2,815
    edited March 8, 2017
    For weekly maintenance, it would have to be at the same time for all of the servers. So taking the 8am EU time example, that would mean East and West would be going down at 9pm PST.
    So you have to take into account what the time would be for players in other countries and come up with a decent time.

Also it should be at a decent working time in PST. So using the same example, a maintenance that starts at 8am EU/9pm PST would end at 11pm PST the earliest.
  • OsurOsur
    Vindictus Rep: 455
    Dealer wrote: »
    For weekly maintenance, it would have to be at the same time for all of the servers. So taking the 8am EU time example, that would mean East and West would be going down at 9pm PST.
    So you have to take into account what the time would be for players in other countries and come up with a decent time.

Also it should be at a decent working time in PST. So using the same example, a maintenance that starts at 8am EU/9pm PST would end at 11pm PST the earliest.
    8am "EU" (CET) is 11pm PST, not 9pm.
  • SeleksSeleks
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    I voted for morning too, 16 to 18PM Eu is a very bad timing for the maintenance, there are a lot of people playing during that time span. If early morning like 8 am eu is going to be bad in other countries how about something like 12 to 14pm eu? It would mean 6am-8am EST and 3am-6am PST.
  • DealerDealer
    Vindictus Rep: 2,815
    edited March 9, 2017
    Schetille wrote: »
    Osur wrote: »

8am "EU" (CET) is 11pm PST, not 9pm.

I was using the example given, which is why I didn't use CET and just EU.
    Seleks wrote: »
    I voted for morning too, 16 to 18PM Eu is a very bad timing for the maintenance, there are a lot of people playing during that time span. If early morning like 8 am eu is going to be bad in other countries how about something like 12 to 14pm eu? It would mean 6am-8am EST and 3am-6am PST.

That would mean they need a good amount of staff to start work by at 3am - 6am in the morning, every week and even earlier during windows maintenance or updates. Personally I don't find that reasonable.
  • PhearalPhearal

i gave an example aswell my first tought was morning so practicly nobody in eu has problems with it but for example change it between 12-15 (maybe 16) pm
    it's still quite late in midday but then we can atleast play at 16-18 pm

btw. just being curious what happened to the staff from EU ?