[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Improving the IP Lock Feature

ChaeldarChaeldar
Vindictus Rep: 1,465
in Suggestions and Feedback
While the IP lock may seem remotely good in theory, it only serves as a nuisance for those who play in different places throughout the day or simply have a dynamic IP. Those 10 minutes will often not be helpful enough to keep a hacker out of your account.

So I'd like to suggest improving the feature, by making it so you must unlock the account through the e-mail address, but also make it so it remembers the machine you are using. This way:
  • A person with dynamic IP that uses the same computer won't have any issues, since the machine is recognised to be the same for each different IP
  • If you do get hacked, the hacker won't be able to take anything from your account unless they somehow get access to your e-mail address (and that's not Nexon's fault because you shouldn't use the same password!)
  1. Thoughts?23 votes
    1. I like this idea more.
       91% (21 votes)
    2. It's fine as it this.
       9% (2 votes)

Comments

• NAplsstopNAplsstop
    Vindictus Rep: 325
    I agree, having dynamic IP and getting punished for it daily makes me not want to log in at all.

Not like anyone that gets into another persons account with passionate wile intentions somehow can't wait for 10min.

NA, it's time to stop
    WarweltCallisthene
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    Vindictus Rep: 2,915
    i'd like to point out the irony that while we can't delete or sell items during the lockout, we can still incinerate without any (additional) restrictions
  • RhapsodyOfFireRhapsodyOfFire
    Vindictus Rep: 5,375
    edited March 13, 2017
    I just don't understand how the hackers could crack two passwords.

Basically passwords like 1234 shouldn't be allowed so they couldn't crack them with a rainbow table.
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    I don't see how 10 minutes blockade would be any helpful in case someone enters your account, unless You are online at the same moment and trying to get in. Honestly it's only disturbing to people with dynamic IP or who play from various places.
    WarweltCallisthene
  • WarweltWarwelt
    Vindictus Rep: 420
    The only way to improve it is to remove it. It absolutely serves no purpose except to annoy people. If somebody knows a way to remove it, pm me.
  • WarweltWarwelt
    Vindictus Rep: 420
    We didn't have this in EU and it absolutely serves no purpose. I'll start spending money again if you remove it, otherwise don't even thing about it.
  • DealerDealer
    Vindictus Rep: 2,815
    Merged the similar threads.
  • CallistheneCallisthene
    Vindictus Rep: 815
    I'd like to add the fact that, despite having dynamic IP, they're more or less often giving positions in the same area. I mean, if you're located in a country, you're next IP will also be in the same country and more specifically in the same region (at least if you're not using a VPN).
    Unless the one trying to hack you is one of your friend, there is few chances its IP is in the same country & area than you.

I.e, Google doesn't block me every time I check my mails (fortunately!) despite my dynamic IP.
    But when I was in Japan, it blocked me and sent me a mail with the location of the IP trying to access my account. The fact I used a different computer was also detected.

^
    THIS is how Nexon's IP checker should work too.

Also, if Nexon thinks a (real) suspicious IP is trying to connect to your account, it could also send a SMS to your smartphone in order to warn you from the possible hack and if needed, temporary block the IP until you entred a code sent to your phone.