[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

[SOLVED] Error: An unknown network error occurred.

BeginnerFTWBeginnerFTW
Vindictus Rep: 200
edited March 6, 2017 in Tech Support
Hey everyone, as the title says, I have this unknown network error while trying to launch the nexon launcher itself

Things I've tried to fix it:

Turn On/Off Firewall
Adding nexon launcher to autorisation
Reseting my internet
Uninstalling/reinstalling the launcher
Resetting computer

Nexon_Updater_Debug content:

URLError: <urlopen error [Errno 10061] Aucune connexion n’a pu être établie car l’ordinateur cible l’a expressément refusée>
2017-03-06 15:13:06,917:ERROR: <urlopen error [Errno 10061] Aucune connexion n’a pu être établie car l’ordinateur cible l’a expressément refusée>
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "nexon_launcher.py", line 232, in check_internet_connection
File "urllib2.pyc", line 154, in urlopen
File "urllib2.pyc", line 431, in open
File "urllib2.pyc", line 449, in _open
File "urllib2.pyc", line 409, in _call_chain
File "urllib2.pyc", line 1240, in https_open
File "urllib2.pyc", line 1197, in do_open
URLError: <urlopen error [Errno 10061] Aucune connexion n’a pu être établie car l’ordinateur cible l’a expressément refusée>

It is in french but it says: " No connection could be established because the target computer expressly refused it "

I did read many forums thread and tried many " fixes " and none work, I have this error for few days now. I wonder if anyone else has that error recently and how it can be fixed.

Aslo when I tried to download back the nexon installer from http://download2.nexon.net/Game/NexonLauncher/NexonLauncherSetup.exe, it says " This site is inaccessible ", " download2.nexon.net does not allow connection ".

Comments

• BeginnerFTWBeginnerFTW
    Problem solved, for who will get this error, check your host file, this file is in "C:/Windows/System32/drivers/etc"
  • Gizzysmom58Gizzysmom58
    Vindictus Rep: 210
    I am still getting this error message. It's a PITA

I can get on every character except my Fiona. She is broken. When I was able to log on to her earlier I couldn't use my mouse to move or view anything. My settings are correct because everything works on every other character.

FIX PLEASE NEXON!
    BeginnerFTW
  • ArchStrikeArchStrike
    can you tell me how to fix this sir ?

i get same problem

3799cf0d3b.jpg
  • JynXiJynXi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,025
    I get this aswell if I have 'a couple' internet tabs open.
    I dont really get it when I 'dont' use my internet besides vindi tho.
    Problem solved, for who will get this error, check your host file, this file is in "C:/Windows/System32/drivers/etc"

I doubt 'checking' anything will solve something. What did u do with this file?
  • CallistheneCallisthene
    Vindictus Rep: 815
    If you're computer "expressely refuses" the connection because of the error 10061, that means something is blocking it (either the whole program or just the ports it uses) but this is not the game's fault (for once lol) but your PC's one.

-First, check for your Firewall (don't forget the one from Windows 'cause it's REALLY stubborn!)
    -Check for your Antivirus.
    Try adding the game, launcher and all Nexon-related stuff to be sure nothing gets in the way anymore.
    -Finally, make sure you're not using any Proxy (internet settings)
    -If possible, run the game as Administrator (right click on the icon).

Also, Vindictus uses AkamaiNetSession for Network and bandwith purpose. When you run the game, it have to run freely as well.

Does it work now?

Know that your Internet Box/Router might have its own firewall and block some ports required by the game even when your PC don't. You might want to check if its not restricting your network.
  • jacob121212jacob121212
    Vindictus Rep: 100
    Mine says this in 2017 and I don't understand how to fix it still
  • jacob121212jacob121212
    Mine says this in 2017 and
  • _TeoO__TeoO_

can you explain more about this ? (kinda old issue =( )
    but if someone knows how to fix this because happends agin would be nice thanks !