[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Server select screen error

ToxicCougarToxicCougar
Vindictus Rep: 300
edited March 5, 2017 in Tech Support
Hello, everyone!

I've run into a bit of a problem with my game, unfortunately. Whenever I start up the game and get to the server select screen, I experience a long lag spike followed by "[Auth] Failed to authenticate the SSO server. Please try again later." After a quick search on the forums and the internet, I've found that I'm not the first to run into this problem. However, the solutions given never seemed to work for me. I decided to post my own situation into the forums in hopes of finding a fix. Here's a quick rundown of the things I've already tried:

- Checked my firewall (And anti-virus program), and made sure Vindictus and the Nexon launcher weren't blocked.
- Shut down the launcher, and loaded the game back up.
- Changed my password (Sounds strange, but it worked for someone).
- Ran Vindictus as Administrator.
- Relogged into the launcher.
- Restarted my computer.
- Repaired installation in launcher.

Any help or suggestions would very much be appreciated! I should probably also include that I'm on the east server, and I am not launching the game through steam.

Comments

• MadcobraMadcobra
    Vindictus Rep: 5,230
    edited March 6, 2017
    Ive had that info only when my connection was off suddenly , after my connection was back ive had no more problem like this
    Soany
  • ToxicCougarToxicCougar
    Madcobra wrote: »
    Ive had that info only when my connection was off suddenly , after my connection was back ive had no more problem like this

Hmm, odd? I decided to give it a rest in hopes it would somehow fix itself during a hiatus, but to no avail. I'm not too sure what to do at this point... I'm going to try to reinstall it, since everything else seems to not have any promise.
  • ToxicCougarToxicCougar
    Hello again!

I finally fixed this issue! Strangely enough, I created some bogus account through the launcher and started the game through that. As soon as I got past the server select screen, I logged out and used my normal account. Turns out that seemed to work! Yay! Hope this helps others with a similar issue.
  • ODofALLODofALL
    Vindictus Rep: 100
    Hello again!

I finally fixed this issue! Strangely enough, I created some bogus account through the launcher and started the game through that. As soon as I got past the server select screen, I logged out and used my normal account. Turns out that seemed to work! Yay! Hope this helps others with a similar issue.

Bro.. This helped ty so much
  • RaynidayzRaynidayz
    Vindictus Rep: 445
    Umm.. I tried all of these and even reinstalled the game but I still can't get in? Also I noticed that my internet kind of shuts off every time I open the game.. Does anyone know how to fix this?