[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Silent crash after Nexon and devcat logo showed

JawnstarJawnstar
Vindictus Rep: 100
in Tech Support
Like the title says, I started to constantly get a silent crash just after the two logo appear. And I get no error message, nothing.

Yesterday, the game was running perfectly, then I had to close for other purposes and when I decided to launch it again, there's no way to make it work (no reboot inbetween).
I tried, several compatibility modes, running as administrator, repairing files, reinstalling whole game, rebooting computer, disabling antivirus, everything that came to my mind (plus I didn't find any useful answer around there despite the fact i'm not the only one).

The most annoying part is it was not even due to some update on my computer or the game, since there wasn't any. Between the time when the client was still working and now, there was no kind of update whatsoever. And this is really annoying, because no error, no nothing, no clue anywhere. This crash seems really random to me, but could anyone possible help me with my issue please?

Comments

• CorelessCoreless
    Vindictus Rep: 790
    edited March 3, 2017
    1. Make sure no other process is intervening with Vindictus Launcher whatsoever. Also check how the game is acting towards the CPU and Memory within Task Manager.

2. Go to the File Directory of the game, afterwards into the Bin folder and open config_material.txt. Change the value from "ScreenWindowed" to "1". If it doesn't work, alternatively, delete the file. If you remember doing any change to the settings before exiting the game last time, it might be the problem. Deleting the file will reverse the file when starting the game at its default form. In case it doesn't happen, run "Verify the integrity of game files" within Steam.

3. Go to the File Directory of the game, open CurrentInfo.txt and modify the date within the file with the one of the present day. Alternatively, delete the file.

4. The game might have problems with WebCameras, Controllers or other peripheral devices. Try to unplug whatever you don't use. Or in case you own an USB-port mouse, try to change its port.
    Jawnstar
  • JawnstarJawnstar
    Coreless wrote: »
    1. Make sure no other process is intervening with Vindictus Launcher whatsoever. Also check how the game is acting towards the CPU and Memory within Task Manager.

2. Go to the File Directory of the game, afterwards into the Bin folder and open config_material.txt. Change the value from "ScreenWindowed" to "1". If it doesn't work, alternatively, delete the file. If you remember doing any change to the settings before exiting the game last time, it might be the problem. Deleting the file will reverse the file when starting the game at its default form. In case it doesn't happen, run "Verify the integrity of game files" within Steam.

3. Go to the File Directory of the game, open CurrentInfo.txt and modify the date within the file with the one of the present day. Alternatively, delete the file.

4. The game might have problems with WebCameras, Controllers or other peripheral devices. Try to unplug whatever you don't use. Or in case you own an USB-port mouse, try to change its port.

Thank you very much for your answer, it's very clear and well written, thank you again, although i didn't have to try your solutions. I've still didn't change anything before the crash appeared, and after and now it started to run again. It suddenly just stopped crashing...
  • Malajka90Malajka90
    Hi, i have the same problem like guy before me but i try everything from you list and nothing, zip... The same crash everytime :( I want play after long long pause i downloade new client 3 times and nothing. Can samebody have solve that problem ?
  • DeacisDeacis
    Vindictus Rep: 910
    edited April 3, 2017
    Hey! Yeah I have the same issue, at the end of march I was playing a bit, then the game crashed, didn't really bother with it since it does happen from time to time (no offense) but as soon as I wanted to check out if there is something happening around on the 1st of April, my game just silently crashed after the loading screen, but before the loading bar itself appear. Since then I can't do anything to solve it, tried to just restart my pc, then redownloaded the game itself, tried even the ones mentioned above with the clean install, but sadly nothing helped.