[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Nexon : No more AFK events please

Comments

• Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    edited February 26, 2017
    Karamyth wrote: »
    2edgy4u wrote: »
    There's also the prime time event. AFK events dont harm you, just as free samples dont harm paying customers. Let's NOT encourage the mindset that they should be milking us and being stingy with free stuff.

I assume they need to inflate login numbers to convince corporate not to pull the plug yet. This way they get the login numbers and players who usually play a lot but are about to get burnt out (I'm almost there) can still get some free stuff.

I agree, what Nexon is trying to do here is to encourage people to come back to the game, and this does not hurt anyone who spends a lot of money in the game, people will still buy more runes, outfitter boxes, and other nx stuff. This is Nexon being generous to the people who cant afford to spend a ton of money in gaming, this is Nexon giving them an opportunity to have something nice and useful if they want to look pretty and have a over +10 enhanced weapons. This is catered to the casual players who dont have a lot of money or gold.

And as for scroll shop event, people who farm 20 coins a day are not lazy, even if they are doing the easy S1 raids, that is still 2 hours of playing the game. Not everyone has ALL the time in the world to play a video game, people have life, school, work, and other more important stuff to take care of. If they are farming the coins by completing easy raids, that doesn't necessarily mean that they are lazy. If they are truely lazy, they wouldn't be farming at all, they could just buy scrolls from mp since the event will make the ES price drop so much. I farmed about 400 seals myself last scroll shop event, I managed to finish gearing my alts. And this is also a good way of reviving Season 1 content to help new players or alts to progress, whenever I host S1 raids, I still have lower lvl players joining.

As for OP's concerns about season 3 contents, I dont find it very hard to find a boat now with the prime time event, especially with 2 extra cores and 2 extra raids. During the prime time hours, my QB alerts goes off every few seconds for any S3 boats. And even without the events, it is not too hard to find a S3 boat on the weekends and vacation periods because that is usually when people have the time to play. And as for the latest content Neamhain, if you are in the discord channel for Neamhain, you would actually see there are a lot of active players who host those boats daily.

As for your comment of people abusing the events with laziness, Nexon has been working on preventing that. For example, +10 coupons expires in 30 days, lubbers expires 30 days, exquisite enchant expires in 90 days, and you can only enhance things up to +10 of your current level, character bound items, and even those free event gears, they have put a lot of restrictions on these to make sure you wont just take it and hoarding those stuff until they would actually play. So you can't really save those things for whenever newer contents that may or may not arrive in 3-6 months.

I understand your concerns, but Nexon is doing what they think it is best to keep the game alive, we should be more appreciative.

1. Everyone knows the afk event is designed to get more people back into the game. I said so as much in the OP. The problem is that any event that simply requires you to afk will have the majority afk then logout. Again, its like giving free samples, the majority will eat it then walk right back out. The event could have been better designed to encourage people to play instead of afk.

Again, nobody is suggesting the event or rewards be completely removed.

2. Let's be honest, Nexon isn't being generous at all. Corporate decisions are never made based on "hey lets do a nice thing for them". Its based entirely on maximizing profits so the company looks good to shareholders. They are doing it entirely to try and increase profit for q1 2017..

3. People who chose to farm s1 (often with vip) only for the scroll shop event were taking the easiest route to get coins. Even people who were attack capped for s3 were refusing to do s3 because "why bother when s1 is faster and gives me the same coins?". That was the flaw with the event right there. You do not want an event to cannibalize end game content.

Yea sure, people were "playing" the game. The typical person with VIP was getting 6 coins from solos and 10 from 2x roch raids, then 4 more from easy colhen raids. More often than not, these were being done solo or in small parties because most players absolutely hate the idea of sitting on the boat waiting for people to get on and f12. After getting their 20 coins, what did these players usually do? Try to get more coins on alts (because they were non-transferable) or they logged off. It didnt encourage people to do any end game content at all. Even if they were still logged on after capping on seals/coins, people usually refused to do any more raids because "too tired from s1" or "capped, ceebs".

It would have been better if there were, for example, two tiers of coins, capped per account and transferable within the same account. You could do s1 to get coins for things like passion and max r8 scrolls, but you had to do nif/s2/s3 raids to get coins for r7 scrolls. People would be encouraged to get coins on their main then, and to run end game content.

Not do 2x roch/muir/succubus/shakkar then logoff because "ceebs".

4. I never mentioned that the event rewards were being abused. I said that people were just stockpiling them for future content. The expiry dates are a bad idea...purely because the ones who get shafted the most are new players who need them the most. Lets say I just started and am level 30. I get a +1 coupon. Nice right? But now I need to powerlevel to get a level 90 oj weapon (or at least one with the OJ base) within 30 days or the coupon becomes worthless (because using coupons on low level weapons would be dumb). For the average person who can play a few hours max per day due to RL commitments, this is a huge limiting factor.

Meanwhile, you have players at level 90 who have been playing a while. They likely have enough seals stockpiled to npc craft something and boom it with the help of any time limited coupons. They certaintly arent being limited by the time factor. Does it encourage THEM to play? No. They just make a new weapon with seals, use the coupons, boom it, and log right back off. They are not affected by the expiry date at all. They are not going to play the game more simply because they boomed another weapon with the help of a coupon. They will log off and go right back to BDO or whatever.

If you actually had to play to get the coupons, that would have been far better as it would be fair to all involved, rather than penalizing low level players who cant make a level 90 weapon in time.

Whether or not people are appreciative or events is completely irrelevant to the point of this thread...which is that afk events do not encourage people to play, and should be re-designed to encourage people to play instead of afking then logging off.

Please keep all discussion limited to the point of the thread.
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    Vindictus Rep: 2,915
    so you're just going to keep pretending the prime time event doesn't exist? don't act like you're looking for a discussion instead of just a rant until you're willing to evaluate both sides fairly.
    Karamyth
  • KaramythKaramyth
    Vindictus Rep: 1,560
    edited March 3, 2017
    Question2 wrote: »
    1. Everyone knows the afk event is designed to get more people back into the game. I said so as much in the OP. The problem is that any event that simply requires you to afk will have the majority afk then logout. Again, its like giving free samples, the majority will eat it then walk right back out. The event could have been better designed to encourage people to play instead of afk. ...........
    It would have been better if there were, for example, two tiers of coins, capped per account and transferable within the same account. You could do s1 to get coins for things like passion and max r8 scrolls, but you had to do nif/s2/s3 raids to get coins for r7 scrolls. People would be encouraged to get coins on their main then, and to run end game content.

Not do 2x roch/muir/succubus/shakkar then logoff because "ceebs".

4. I never mentioned that the event rewards were being abused. I said that people were just stockpiling them for future content. The expiry dates are a bad idea...purely because the ones who get shafted the most are new players who need them the most. Lets say I just started and am level 30. I get a +1 coupon. Nice right? But now I need to powerlevel to get a level 90 oj weapon (or at least one with the OJ base) within 30 days or the coupon becomes worthless (because using coupons on low level weapons would be dumb). For the average person who can play a few hours max per day due to RL commitments, this is a huge limiting factor.

Meanwhile, you have players at level 90 who have been playing a while. They likely have enough seals stockpiled to npc craft something and boom it with the help of any time limited coupons. They certaintly arent being limited by the time factor. Does it encourage THEM to play? No. They just make a new weapon with seals, use the coupons, boom it, and log right back off. They are not affected by the expiry date at all. They are not going to play the game more simply because they boomed another weapon with the help of a coupon. They will log off and go right back to BDO or whatever.

If you actually had to play to get the coupons, that would have been far better as it would be fair to all involved, rather than penalizing low level players who cant make a level 90 weapon in time.

Whether or not people are appreciative or events is completely irrelevant to the point of this thread...which is that afk events do not encourage people to play, and should be re-designed to encourage people to play instead of afking then logging off.

Please keep all discussion limited to the point of the thread.

I find some of your points are contradicting themselves.

1. First of all, this was not meant to be all afk event, the main event which @2edgy4u mentioned, is the prime event which is 6 hours of play time bonuses everyday, ie. +2 raids, +2 cores, unlimited revives, and etc. The log-in rewards are meant to be a side bonus you get from playing during the prime time event for the duration of the event of 4 weeks, that is more than enough play-time for you to actually play and also get 100 hours of the rewards (6 x 28 = 168 prime time hours).

2. Nexon is really stepping up their game for this event. It is being very generous to us by giving us all these free nx items, you can get up to 3 premium enhancement runes, perma inner armor coupon, 2 premium enchant runes, and etc, their values can be easily exceeds more than 100,000 NX. So I don't understand how this is not generous? Vindictus is a free to play MMO, they need to think of a way to gain profit in order to keep the game alive.

3. & 4. First, I apologize in advance for not knowing what ceebs is +shy. Your point of stockpiling is technically a way to abuse the event for future content gains. However, that is not the case from your argument because you said the expiration dates are a bad idea. Stockpiled players won't be able to use +15 coupons on a lv95 weapon if they expire before the content comes. So they can only spend it what is already existing in the game which is lv90 gear and weapons, and that is not stockpiling at all because that is what we currently have in the game.

New players will not be affected by the expiration of these rewards because it's extremely easy to lvl up these days with all the event box EXP bonus and character growth rewards, it takes roughly a week to lvl to lv90 playing non-stop, and you only have to be lvl80 to unlock season 3 recipes and enhance lvl90 weapons, and you have at least 30 days to do so if you wanna use the coupons. And getting an OJ essence is very easy now, they are like 10mil on MP, and if that is too expensive for new players, it takes only 140 seals to trade one in the sealshop, and you can obtain to up to 20 seals a day or 140 seals / 30 days = 4-5 seals a day, so it's totally doable.

Your point of playing to get the coupon and new players needed to powerlvl to use the coupon is contradicting. You are saying people need to play to get the coupon, but on the other hand, you are saying low lvl players cannot have enough time to powerlvl to get to lvl90 within 30 days. So does that mean that low lvl players don't deserve a coupon? Your way would be penalizing the low lvl players then if that is the case.

Also, you mentioned that new players might not have time to powerlvl because of real life commitments. That goes the same with higher lvl players as well, which I mentioned in my post. Some players decide to do S1 raids to get coins because they don't have a lot of time to play, and some even have multiple characters to farm on. For me personally, I hosted Rocheste and Colhen 8 man raids during the Scroll Shop events, and if you were active during the event, you could see megas were constantly going for S1 Raid Trains. That doesn't necessarily mean that people are lazy. And prime time event we have now is what Nexon does to revive S3 and S2 contents.

I cant speak for all the players in this community, but I can say that I am an OK active player, but I don't have seals stockpiled for mass enhancing at all, not once in my 4 years of playing Vindictus have I had the opportunity to do so with event coupons. But it didn't stop me from playing. And this event we have at the moment, it does encourage me to play and farm for essences in S3 Raids and Synthesis Materials for my characters. And you can tell that game has been more active since the event because the MP price for essences have dropped significantly, for example, lvl85 belt essence dropped from the original 200mil to 50mil now, and weapon essences are around 10-15mil, etc. If all players are afk and not playing, how would you explain the sudden drop in MP price?

Tl; dr: I understand where you are coming from, and I know you want Vindictus to be more active and successful. But while you complain about the bad aspects of what Nexon is doing for events, you should also look at the bright side of things and the benefits an event can bring. You can't just ignore the prime event and say this event sucks. We all should just be more appreciative. +best/
    Ajido2edgy4ukuraikage