[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Bow Kai Yellow Damage Text

MisterGrinchMisterGrinch
Vindictus Rep: 900
edited February 21, 2017 in General Discussion
I've been wondering for a while if anyone's explored the idea of Kai getting yellow damage text for Headshots and Hunter's Eye marks. I say this for two reasons.
1. The flash on a successful headshot is already very similar to an ordinary critical hit.
2. Hunter's Eye has no animation for a successful hit. Sometimes you don't know if you hit the mark or if it dissipated on its own.

It's not exactly the most needed change in the game however, sometimes the screen flashes can be very disorienting. In a fight where you do well, your screen may flash white maybe 10+ times every few seconds. Kai doesn't exactly come with an epilepsy warning either (though I hope that Vindictus does.) The yellow text would also be fitting as other mercs use this text to display their enhanced attacks. Over all it'd be a good idea for the uniformity of the game.
TheDayInLoveOkatsu2edgy4uDagekls9HawkaiGoughEnigmaTaro

Comments

• TheDayInLoveTheDayInLove
    Vindictus Rep: 3,975
    I like this idea, a small but nice QOL change.
  • KuraiHotaruKuraiHotaru
    Vindictus Rep: 1,435
    +1 idea I for some reason love seeing the yellow damage on other chars, would be as a confidence booster if you end up getting yellow shots very often, can also act as an idicator that you're well positioned, and doing well at aiming
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    Vindictus Rep: 2,915
    edited February 21, 2017
    meanwhile, why does rage conductor and delia's smashes without any active buffs get yellow text??
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    Delia's smashes only give yellow damage numbers if they are enhanced. Not sure why rage conductor does that. Then again rage conductor is a badly designed skill (ranged damage skill that does massive damage on par with arcane gate, lets you ignore regular attacks and costs 0 SP, great idea guys).