[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Golden Arm not using Swift Assassin petals?

AkiyoSSJAkiyoSSJ
Vindictus Rep: 400
in Lynn
In EU-XE Lynn was able to apply some Swift Assassin petals after doing the Golden Arm smash but now after the EU moved here and got the premiere version, she can't anymore.
Is this a bug or intended for the original/premiere version?

Comments

• Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    edited February 19, 2017
    This was a change made to the premiere version months ago. The ability to place Swift Assassin marks using Golden Arm was removed, and the damage dealt by Golden Arm was increased.

In other words, Golden Arm is even more useless, but getting the title "Fully Armed" is easier.
    arkaine757AkiyoSSJ
  • AkiyoSSJAkiyoSSJ
    edited February 19, 2017
    Order5 wrote: »
    This was a change made to the premiere version months ago. The ability to place Swift Assassin marks using Golden Arm was removed, and the damage dealt by Golden Arm was increased.

In other words, Golden Arm is even more useless, but getting the title "Fully Armed" is easier.
    I see, well I don't mind, at least we got a bigger damage.. expected from devcat, this is really a nerf for Lynn and she doesn't need nerfs since she is one the most hardest characters to master,gear and survive with.

• Order5Order5
    edited February 19, 2017
    AkiyoSSJ wrote: »
    I see, well I don't mind, at least we got a bigger damage.. expected from devcat, this is really a nerf for Lynn and she doesn't need nerfs since she is one the most hardest characters to master,gear and survive with.

It's mainly just a nerf to Lynns that don't have enough attack speed to use Fishtail Pole. As a bit of insight, this change was part of her major update that included:
    -Attacks that place Zhen Swift Assassin will overwrite normal Swift Assassin marks on enemies that already have 10 stacks.
    -Having 10 Zhens on a target transforms the effect into Full Bloom that does extra damage when detonated.
    -10-stack Swift Assassins only flinch when detonated by actives.
    -SP cost reduction on Iron Flag, Divine Spear, and Chambers of Death.
    -Dashing with Divine Spear requires pressing the smash key.
    -Ability to cancel out of Chambers of Death using Thunderleg.
    -Long-Armed Devil now places Zhen Swift Assassin without Jade Fox.
    -Attacks that apply Swift Assassin do extra damage to targets that cannot be marked.
    -PvP grab ability added.

I'm not sure if XE version had any of these changes but there you go.

For convenience, I'll also list off some more changes from the months that followed:
    -Can cancel smash animations using Little Rat (most noticeable when canceling Mantis).
    -Rising Dragon hold skill added.
    -Swift Assassin marks now last for and indefinite amount of time instead of 60 seconds. (I emphasize that Nexon said "indefinite" not infinite.)
    AkiyoSSJZupseroBreadman
  • VladinoVladino
    Vindictus Rep: 2,875
    It was the same for XE version too. The holding skill update for Lynn also removed adding marks with golden arm. You probably didn't play Lynn for some time.
    AkiyoSSJ
  • AkiyoSSJAkiyoSSJ
    Order5 wrote: »
    AkiyoSSJ wrote: »

It's mainly just a nerf to Lynns that don't have enough attack speed to use Fishtail Pole. As a bit of insight, this change was part of her major update that included:
    -Attacks that place Zhen Swift Assassin will overwrite normal Swift Assassin marks on enemies that already have 10 stacks.
    -Having 10 Zhens on a target transforms the effect into Full Bloom that does extra damage when detonated.
    -10-stack Swift Assassins only flinch when detonated by actives.
    -SP cost reduction on Iron Flag, Divine Spear, and Chambers of Death.
    -Dashing with Divine Spear requires pressing the smash key.
    -Ability to cancel out of Chambers of Death using Thunderleg.
    -Long-Armed Devil now places Zhen Swift Assassin without Jade Fox.
    -Attacks that apply Swift Assassin do extra damage to targets that cannot be marked.
    -PvP grab ability added.

I'm not sure if XE version had any of these changes but there you go.

For convenience, I'll also list off some more changes from the months that followed:
    -Can cancel smash animations using Little Rat (most noticeable when canceling Mantis).
    -Rising Dragon hold skill added.
    -Swift Assassin marks now last for and indefinite amount of time instead of 60 seconds. (I emphasize that Nexon said "indefinite" not infinite.)
    Thanks for listing those recent changes, well at least she got more good changes.

• BreadmanBreadman
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    Just wanna add that they enabled awakenings on petals/assassins.
    It's 110% worth putting a 10% on it because it decreases per detonate and not per mark. A 700 awakening can last 2-3 weeks. Very easy to maintain and a significant damage boost to our main source of damage.
    Order5
  • Order5Order5
    Breadman wrote: »
    Just wanna add that they enabled awakenings on petals/assassins.
    It's 110% worth putting a 10% on it because it decreases per detonate and not per mark. A 700 awakening can last 2-3 weeks. Very easy to maintain and a significant damage boost to our main source of damage.

Right, ninja updates are hard to keep track of. I also forgot to list off the Five-Fingered Death change that was part of the big update, which allows you to assign FFD to a key that's separate form your grab button (FFD is automatically assigned to the "tab" key for new Lynns).