[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
Closed

Why did they remove XE version?

AtinareAtinare
Vindictus Rep: 420
in Europe Chat
First of all, i am from Spain and my english will not be the best posible, but will try.

Why if they want to merge all the game versions into one, they have to go back to the old´s one? I think that vindictus was more enjoyable when XE version was on. Simple reasons:
-Combo system rewards good players to play good: This really make players wants to play better. Now with the premier version i have to clear , just for example, titan in 5 min or more when i was able to do it alone in 2 min, and i am geared. Imagine a player who doesnt have the same gear. 15 min for a titan? People will ending passing of it= more time lose for rest of players who wants to participate in the game content.
-Run system. Do u really need to press one button for run? what it the propose of this? i really dont get it.
-Jump system. Why u erase one dinamic mechanic of the game like jump or jump smash? Was so inbalanced?. Oh yeah, vella can walk a litle faster with it! Really...
-Language: I am from Spain, as u should know its a supported country. We talk in ESPAÑOL. Why Ñ its considered as insult? Are u dumb or something?.

What did all the EU players get from this patch? Less resourses, less dmg , less mechanics, making the game boring as hell ( specially for the combo system) and easier to play. Gtz nexon.

I really hope that the staff of nx consider of do a globlal XE version migration for real, or i can for sure tell u that vindictus player base will drop really really hard
  1. Do u think that erase XE version for the globlal launcher was better than adapt XE to it?46 votes
    1. Yes
       59% (27 votes)
    2. No
       41% (19 votes)

Comments

• London CassoLondon Casso
    :/
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    Vindictus Rep: 2,915
    Atinare wrote: »
    Are u dumb or something?.
    yes
    Aequipondium
  • CashewsCashews
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
    As far as I know EU was the only server still running XE. So they changed it to premier to make everyone running the same system.
  • AtinareAtinare
    Cashews wrote: »
    As far as I know EU was the only server still running XE. So they changed it to premier to make everyone running the same system.

This is the same logic as "if an country its more advance in tecnology we should get it to the stone age for make all being equals"
    AnthonytonyboyQuiJinn
  • PoppyBrosJrPoppyBrosJr
    Vindictus Rep: 1,125
    git gud
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    Vindictus Rep: 2,915
    Combo system sounds nice but unbalanced. I wouldn't mind them introducing a revamped version of it to Pre. As for jump, I only played a little bit when we had it in NA long ago, and maybe my memory isn't reliable but tbh nothing of value was lost.

Btw does combo system count every normal attack hit? Wouldn't that make xgun and possible sword lann too strong? I think ideal implementation would be based on time duration that player hasn't been hit and has recently done damage.
  • BabyDaniBabyDani
    Vindictus Rep: 1,735

it's much more costly to develop and maintain two different version of the game, so I'm sure that's why XE had to go...

fwiw, I've played a bunch of XE in china server, and i like our version much much better than XE... give it a chance, you might find you like it! :)

i not sure what OP's Espanol comment means, but....we have many players from Mexico that speak Spanish...and really, lots of us in California, etc., speak at least some Spanish... my experience is that Spanish speakers are welcome in game...
  • BreadmanBreadman
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    edited February 16, 2017
    2edgy4u wrote: »
    Combo system sounds nice but unbalanced. I wouldn't mind them introducing a revamped version of it to Pre. As for jump, I only played a little bit when we had it in NA long ago, and maybe my memory isn't reliable but tbh nothing of value was lost.

Btw does combo system count every normal attack hit? Wouldn't that make xgun and possible sword lann too strong? I think ideal implementation would be based on time duration that player hasn't been hit and has recently done damage.

Afaik, not all moves added to the counter. I recall some EU players criticizing the system because they were shoehorned to using a few smashes only because of this. This was years ago, so I'm not sure if things have changed.
    Also yes, free 50% damage pot is ridiculous.

Jump never worked outside of s2, and in s2 it was a buggy mess. Instead of trying to make it work, they just removed it. Afaik, outside of breaks, only Lann and Karoks used jump smash for fast mult hits and lareghueg shock frames.
  • ZuzukZuzuk
    Vindictus Rep: 1,690
    edited February 17, 2017
    Atinare wrote: »

1-Combo system
    2-Run system.
    3-Jump system.
    4-Language:

1- Its broken af, specially with chars with more atk spd (TS vella or example)

2- yes, i actually think that always run is a bad idea, specially when you are in a premiere server that doesnt let you restore stamian while running (actually makes a lot of sense), also always running is bad for positioning, gate for example.

3-it was pretty useles in most scenarios but still fun and even usefull in SOME ways (sprint>jump>smash with TS lann for a quick gliding). Also TS vella dash so usefull for twilight desert or simply getting out of the way, i would like to see jump again, but i can live w/o it.

4- yeah, they dumb
  • hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    Git gud or go play on Chinese server which is XE.
  • xRaynexRayne
    Vindictus Rep: 1,210
    Just an Opinion like everybody has,I am against!
  • RhapsodyOfFireRhapsodyOfFire
    Vindictus Rep: 5,375
    At least they could have made a poll about XE vs. Premiere for the EU server as it was back then.

This game must be so badly programmed that data had to be "migrated" and entire friendlists had to be cleared because of that. If it was well-coded we could have used the same client from the beginning and it would only be a matter of a few lines of server and client configs to switch between Pre and XE.

I don't want to concern anybody but considering this situation there is a very very small chance for it to happen. But nothing is impossible.

I'm against it too!
  • Kapi HeartlillyKapi Heartlilly
    Vindictus Rep: 320
    edited February 20, 2017
    I do hope they eventually move the game as a whole fully to the XE Version, China remains a great success with it, its the only way the game would survive in China to be honest, with the upcoming games in that region. XE would be best, the game looks far too outdated in Premier Version while XE version is a) Fun and b) Modern looking.

Well they will when a Korean/Western rival pops up, until then your going to have to deal with it (or just quit) nobody will want to play Vindictus over say Twilight Spirits when you see a slow boring bland gameplay in Vindictus Premier, now if they see you can jump, have a combo system and a actual fast paced gameplay (Vindictus eXtrEme) then yeah that game will stand a better shot to survive the inevitable ageing this game has. Best of all, no development costs, It already exists!
    RossaryNakrast
  • GewelliriousGewellirious
    Vindictus Rep: 2,945
    None, literally.

XE is dead except in China and PRE is dying as well, both version doesn't even matter at this point. And you'll have to look ahead than "PRE so slow no combo, durr".
    Lack of good ideas and good contents, this is enough knowledge to know the version doesn't matter really, the game is still going down.

Also, the players didn't wanted PRE, we got PRE because we had no choice right now. NA staff works on the Premiere version, so it's going to be the Premiere version that will rule there, again if you don't like it, leave.
    Staying on a game for 4-5 years is already a good thing, especially on RPGs. Maybe for most of you it's just time to press F to pay respects.

Whatever happens from now.
  • MacDBMacDB
    Vindictus Rep: 625
    I for once like having the original version of the game. It's more difficult but then again much more rewarding.
  • ReverieeNoComboBonusReverieeNoComboBonus
    Vindictus Rep: 680
    MacDB wrote: »
    I for once like having the original version of the game. It's more difficult but then again much more rewarding.

Except it's not more difficult and surely not more rewarding.

I mean okay, difficult because there's no multicore anymore, so finding a host truly is difficult. And it is very rewarding that the most efficient playstyle is facetanking instead of rewarding dodging.
    Nakrast
  • GewelliriousGewellirious
    Vindictus Rep: 2,945
    MacDB wrote: »

What do you mean ?
  • DominniqueDominnique
    Vindictus Rep: 740
    They removed it because that was their plan and we did not retaliate enough, yet:

A while ago, Eu players created tens upon tens of threads on this topic, each one screaming louder than the other that they want Pre, and Pre is God Almighty, and Pre has no bugs, and Pre has best support and no lags and whatnot. XE was this leper everyone just had to endure through. The game became "raid grinding boredom" and "bugged vellas" and "Pre has OP kais and lanns and fionas" [collected quote].

Well now... we have Pre!

I remember posting 3 comments on all the ton of topics that praised Pre, remarking that Pre is not really milk and honey - I stuck to 3 only because i have respect for my own two pence ('don't repeat' rule). Our problem is that everyone freaking complains too much, yet everyone is so damn smart and none can accept constructive discussions and critics.

Instead of waiting for autumn's counting of the ducklings, once I heard of Pre possibly coming to EU, I've prepared for the worst for almost 2 years, amongst others, by:
    1 - considering having to host single core: saved up and got a monster rig, along with the best possible net in my area
    2 - switching my action keys to fit Pre gamestyle
    3 - playing without UI, so I don't see the boss' HP bar
    4 - gamestyle focused on the collective aspect, instead of the solo. I deal as much damage as best I can with what and most importantly WHO I'm growing to play with. My parties' aim is to defeat the foe with as less % dmg gap between us, as fewer deaths, mercs and graces possible.

Now, there are 2 options, just as pretty much always: stay and push through it until (and if) you get used to it, or leave. This is definitely not the game most got used to by now - our game is dead gone and never to return in that form again. I'm not shocked by this massive step backwards by Nexon, but before asking why they removed XE, ask yourself if you weren't one of the very ones who burned the forums pleading for its removal.

Regards,
    M. V.
  • EdaymEdaym
    Vindictus Rep: 1,085
    Dominnique wrote: »
    They removed it because that was their plan and we did not retaliate enough, yet:

>A while ago, Eu players created tens upon tens of threads on this topic
    Wrong
    >each one screaming louder than the other that they want Pre
    Wrong again
    >and Pre is God Almighty, and Pre has no bugs
    Overreaction
    >and Pre has best support and no lags and whatnot
    Said no one ever
    >XE was this leper everyone just had to endure through. The game became "raid grinding boredom" and "bugged vellas" and "Pre has OP kais and lanns and fionas".
    [Citation Needed]

Wanna play XE? Install any XE client in the following regions while following the how2play in asia threads on the old forum:
    China
    Thailand
    Taiwan

Damn, that sure was hard.
  • IVolturiIIVolturiI
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    This is useless, when something works, why would u change it?....
    Lann's are totally worthless right now, not to mention Vella's.. That running system is even more useless.. Why in the world would u need to "walk" when a boss is trying to hunt you down?? I mean its not like u can say: WAIT! i need to restore stamina so i gonna walk for a wile WTF... An other game in the trash can.
This discussion has been closed.