[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Engine Error

X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
Vindictus Rep: 1,795
edited January 28, 2017 in Tech Support
I started this in the bug section, but I'm literally getting this everyday now without fail:
GtGyhgW.png

1) Re-insalled game
2) updated and reinstalled video card drivers
3) Have checked system memory and CPU usage when this happens, never tops out over more than 60% (i7, 64 bit, 8GB ram)
4) started happening ONLY after the Neahman update, never happened to me before update
5) does not happen in any other games I continue to play
6) causes game to crash - MUST restart Computer to clear the bug, simply restarting game causes game to instantly crash as soon as it loads Colhen (exit Inn)

Game now unplayable - this needs a hotfix now.

Comments

• CriminyCriminy
    Vindictus Rep: 1,225
    The only similar threads about memory errors I could find were from people playing on 32bit Windows and the problem went away after upgrading to 64bit... but you are using 64bit.

I also noticed a lot of people talking about particle effects from certain outfits and pets possibly causing the game to crash. I see a Midnight Wolf in the left of your toaster quality screen shot and they have a particle effect on their feet. To the right of the error message is some sort of icy particle effect. The people in robes that have yet to load in could be using a pet/outfit that your computer doesn't like for some reason as well. Since the operating system is likely not the cause, I have to guess then that it has something to do with the game engine running into a problem when rendering certain objects/effects.

I would try if at all possible before the game crashes to set your preferred channel to an empty one temporarily. Then change your graphics settings. Try turning them from their current configuration to something else. Like if particle effects are on low, change to med or high. Try changing directx version (at the bottom iirc). Do the same for shader, shadow quality, texture detail. One at a time. My game will crash constantly if my shadow quality is on low and I have to keep it on at least medium to play. Tinker with the settings and run with them for a while to see if you still crash or if it gets worse.

Are you using integrated graphics or a dedicated video card? If it only started happening after the neam update, its possible the devs did something to increase the system requirements and your integrated graphics is struggling to keep up. That's assuming you are using integrated. The i7 I believe is equivalent to the old 9800GT nvidia cards which was the minimum required to play the game. It may not be anymore.

I'm sorry all I can offer is guesses and speculation. You might try submitting a ticket. I could be wrong but I think this and the bug section are ignored by everyone but us players. Good luck!