[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Redeemers

GambIeGambIe
Vindictus Rep: 2,820
in General Discussion
Prior to the recent update, my ultimate goal in this game had been to successfully enhance a +15 Lv90 weapon on my own. I failed countless number of times and I currently use a +13.

No matter how much effort was poured by players like me, +15 Lv90 weapon users and RNG itself dominated the server to an undeniable extent. Once a character was fully end-geared, it would almost be awkward for them to die in any battle. In a rough summary, it generally has been a very easy and repetitive game for many of us.

Now, the update. Everything is on a brand new level where only the players that meet the minimum requirements are allowed to join the Redeemer boat. In here, +15 weapons can definitely give the user an edge once they master the raid, but until then, only the player's adaptive skill and reflex are needed. Here, I was able to meet godly players that proves their skills before my eyes. The best of the best players I witnessed does not come anywhere close to stats cap. I was mind blown. At the same time, I realized that Vindictus is finally rewarding the players that deserve it. Now, don't get the wrong idea that I'm trying to include myself in that category. I still panic here and there and die often. I'm slowly improving.

I hope that upcoming episodes/chapters will be continuously challenging for us.

What are your thoughts on the Redeemer raid in comparison to our past raids?
Wrelsh
    No results for this poll

Comments

• 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    Well when we first got it in KR it definitely was a pain for me the first week. But after that it got easier for me. I honestly want to see more Redeemer raids. This is great content that very strong endgame players need if they want a challenge. Simply because even if you all know the boss ANYTHING can happen in terms of if you will succeed or not. That's what I like about Redeemers.
  • DebahrDebahr
    Vindictus Rep: 1,300
    I have to actually try now and it's a very odd feeling
  • A_Little_EerieA_Little_Eerie
    Vindictus Rep: 655
    I like it when raids aren't guaranteed wins. More raids like this! (Even if I don't have the stats for them +sad)
  • BladehawkBladehawk
    Vindictus Rep: 1,145
    edited January 23, 2017
    Redeemer raids are cool. Goals are important for the long-term success of any online game, and Neamhain (and others in the future) give us something to work towards. Vindictus is somewhat unique in that there are still goals, even if the content isn't difficult, because the quest to get the highest stats possible is a real one for many of us. It only makes sense to create more content that doesn't limit our very high stats, but instead encourages or requires us to have them.

That is, as long as it's always optional... the moment it starts to feel mandatory, people will become even more frustrated with the punitive enhancement and enchantment systems and will be more likely to give up on the game. This is why ATT requirements on boats felt so bad; that was basic endgame content that was required to make money, and it was unnecessarily being made exclusive.
    GambIe
  • TsiiiTsiii
    Vindictus Rep: 2,175
    I just wish that it wasn't gated behind the story. Now i have to clear the story one four characters...
  • GambIeGambIe
    Vindictus Rep: 2,820
    Bladehawk wrote: »
    ... content that doesn't limit our very high stats, but instead encourages or requires us to have them.
    Very much agreed
    Wrelsh
  • X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
    Vindictus Rep: 1,795
    @BigTime I don't like that it is gated behind the story, but only because I hate grinding EXP. I've never grinded in this game - through event items, free VIP, etc., you actually reach level 90 cap right around Regina or sooner possibly. Since Story Missions are usually the BEST source of easy EXP, I like to save that EXP for when I need levels (in this case, lvl95 cap).
    Now with QB, it might actually be much easier to find other players leveling story and help them out, so maybe my above reasoning is now a mute point, but I still think that you should be able to "bank" some amount of EXP after you've reached level cap, to be used later. Otherwise you're simply wasting easy EXP. If they fix this issue, then my issue of this raid being story locked is no longer.
  • TsiiiTsiii
    Vindictus Rep: 2,175
    edited January 23, 2017
    X1Guts1X wrote: »
    @BigTime I don't like that it is gated behind the story, but only because I hate grinding EXP. I've never grinded in this game - through event items, free VIP, etc., you actually reach level 90 cap right around Regina or sooner possibly. Since Story Missions are usually the BEST source of easy EXP, I like to save that EXP for when I need levels (in this case, lvl95 cap).
    Now with QB, it might actually be much easier to find other players leveling story and help them out, so maybe my above reasoning is now a mute point, but I still think that you should be able to "bank" some amount of EXP after you've reached level cap, to be used later. Otherwise you're simply wasting easy EXP. If they fix this issue, then my issue of this raid being story locked is no longer.

Agreed, and frankly I feel the same way. The only issue for me though is that I've been through enough of the story on my four level 90 characters and now have to complete the rest of it on all four which is a waste of time since none of them need anymore exp. The first time will probably be interesting to see what the story is really about, but past that, it's going to be a chore :\

• PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    edited January 23, 2017
    My only issues are
    1) It's gated behind the story. I do not want to drag multiple characters all the way to the end of it just for one raid.
    2) It's not really a raid that's set up so that all classes bring benefits to the table; Evie and Sylas provide a boost throughout, Fifi can be a great boon, where as Bow Kai is certainly given no part of the raid where anything he offers really shines, and certain classes are just kind of in the middle because of their poor dodges and such also.

Nice that there's something so challenging, but some tweaks in the future would be great. Come to think of it, in KR aren't the S3 raids able to be done in easy mode now to get through the story?
  • BowtacojrBowtacojr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,545
    I just wish that it wasn't gated behind the story. Now i have to clear the story one four characters...

This so much.