[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

A Guide to Glaive

Comments

  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    Posts: 935
    Member
    edited January 24, 2017
    Zupsero wrote: »
    what i learned was that attackspeed is pretty important right? so i basically wait for the weapon i want to use in engame. seems right to me. thanks for replying

    Perhaps I should give a bit more insight. The main reason you want to wait to enhance items is because of the tremendous amount of time and resources required to make an impactful difference.

    -Enhancing to +3 is guaranteed, but after that your chances of getting to the next level is based on chance, and failure results in setbacks like drops to your enhance levels. After +8, your weapon will blow up on failure, and you cannot revive the item until level 90.
    -At +6 is when things start making a noticeable difference because you get additional damage and attack speed. These are important stats, but it's not worth paying the gold, stones, and elixirs for if you are just going to upgrade equipment within the next few hours.
    -Prior to the December update, attack speed was one of the main argument points for the lack of low level equipment. Nexon came up with a simple solution by providing the attack speed through the accessories obtained from the Level Up Goal rewards.

    With those three points in mind, you have every reason NOT to enhance equipment until at least level 80 because that is when you stop getting accessories that boost your attack speed. See here:
    http://forums.vindictus.nexon.net/discussion/1556/list-of-level-up-goals-story-goals-skill-goals
    Zupsero
  • IcoIco
    Vindictus Rep: 975
    Posts: 35
    Member
    edited January 24, 2017
    Don't think it'll be used too often, but you can Little Rat forward while still facing forward by just walking/running forward, letting go of the keys, and then going into Little Rat while immediately pressing back.

    For example (Keyboard and Mouse controls):
    Walk/Run forward with W->Let Go->Little Rat (Spacebar)->S

    The Little Rat and S keys need to be pressed in rapid succession in order to be pulled off (kinda like feather sprinting for Fionas), otherwise, you'll just Thunderleg backwards

    I really only use this if I want to close in on the bosses by Little Rat-ing toward them instead of having myself Little Rat away from them.
    It's nice whenever I Thunderleg->Normal Attack->Little Rat as I can cover ground very quickly in different directions while also being able to get a Windstep buff after dodging with Thunderleg
    (since you can't Little Rat after a Thunderleg unless you cancel it with a Normal Attack)

    If you want to, you can also Little Rat in other directions other than forward (i.e. I can walk forward and Little Rat to the left/right, or walk left and Little Rat to the right, etc etc).
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    Posts: 935
    Member
    edited January 24, 2017
    Ico wrote: »
    Don't think it'll be used too often, but you can Little Rat forward while still facing forward by just walking/running forward, letting go of the keys, and then going into Little Rat while immediately pressing back.

    You can also be a weirdo like me and use attack in camera direction with high mouse sensitivity. This way you can turn your camera quickly to Little Rat fluently towards things. Most people will probably get dizzy and motion sick though. I for one always Little Rat into projectiles like Juggernaut acid or Elchulus balls.
  • IcoIco
    Vindictus Rep: 975
    Posts: 35
    Member
    edited January 24, 2017
    Order5 wrote: »
    You can also be a weirdo like me and use attack in camera direction with high mouse sensitivity. This way you can turn your camera quickly to Little Rat fluently towards things. Most people will probably get dizzy and motion sick though. I for one always Little Rat into projectiles like Juggernaut acid or Elchulus balls.

    Yup, was thinking about that as well, haha. I just personally never liked having "attack in the camera direction" on since I preferred having multiple options to move/attack to when looking at the boss or a certain direction.
  • ZupseroZupsero
    Vindictus Rep: 600
    Posts: 41
    Member
    edited January 26, 2017
    attack in mouse direction was agood tip. i turned that on yesterday and it had significant impact on me landing smashes :D

    another thing id like to know. ive been hammering my head into the einhur challange. because i rly want to practice not to get hit, but im so bad with little rat its unbelievable. is there any good option or boss u guys recommend practicing the timing? or is it just learning every attack animation. it seems like i always press my dodge way too early, but then when i focus on pressing it later i get hit almsot every time. i cant seem to get the timing right, that bugs mem i am currently lvl 51
  • BreadmanBreadman
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    Posts: 149
    Member
    edited January 26, 2017
    A lot of people prefer turning the option off as it gives you more freedom with aiming without moving your camera all over the place. It also lets you attack in a certain direction while still being able to look around. For instance, you can attack backwards while still looking at the boss having the camera to your face.
    But it's most certainly preference and if you feel more comfortable with it, by all means.

    The timing for little rat is just plain grinding. You'll get it down as you play more and it's very natural to keep getting hit and mistiming dodges. As evident by the new boss, everyone goes through that period of unfamiliarity.
    Zupsero
  • HoshinakiHoshinaki
    Vindictus Rep: 2,155
    Posts: 50
    Member
    edited January 26, 2017
    Just like what Breadman said, I always have it off since I can use the mobility of Lynn's attack to give myself distance or even dodge an attack while doing damage, but still keeping an eye on the boss. For instance, let's say I'm soloing Regina. I can avoid her stab attacks by using Broken Sword (LLLR) at a 45 degree angle to avoid the hit, then use Drunken Mantis (LLLRR) to go for the hit, as well as land a swift assassin mark.
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    Posts: 935
    Member
    Zupsero wrote: »
    another thing id like to know. ive been hammering my head into the einhur challange. because i rly want to practice not to get hit, but im so bad with little rat its unbelievable. is there any good option or boss u guys recommend practicing the timing? or is it just learning every attack animation. it seems like i always press my dodge way too early, but then when i focus on pressing it later i get hit almsot every time. i cant seem to get the timing right, that bugs mem i am currently lvl 51

    When I was learning to use Windstep, I trained against Bloodfist (level 60) from Colhen in Flames as my sparring partner because he only has two attack patterns and 5 different attacks that are all blockable. You might want to try Eiwoch from Patrolling the Depths because he's got a similar set up, only he's smaller so the visuals might not be as noticeable. Don't use any normal or smash attacks for the first training session, kill him strictly with Little Rat.
  • BreadmanBreadman
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    Posts: 149
    Member
    I think Order mentioned it, but you can turn around and rat into an attack so you can get a feel when the exact hit frames happen from the visual 'block' effect.
  • ZupseroZupsero
    Vindictus Rep: 600
    Posts: 41
    Member
    ok guys im already lvl 90, and i feel like my little rat got a lot better the last 15 levels! thanks for the tips everybody!

    Now, i understand everything about the weapons etc. i know how to build them and what to look for. But is there any significant difference between the glaives? like braha, regina, temrinus, etc. i dont know for which one i shall settle.

    i can barely see any differences, and when there are its because of quality and rarity, i think?
  • BreadmanBreadman
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    Posts: 149
    Member
    Nope. There isn't any difference with them.
    Pick whichever based on what armor you're getting for the set bonus.

    I'd just like to add that Abomination is slightly stronger in terms of att afaik.
    Zupsero
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    Posts: 935
    Member
    Zupsero wrote: »
    Now, i understand everything about the weapons etc. i know how to build them and what to look for. But is there any significant difference between the glaives? like braha, regina, temrinus, etc. i dont know for which one i shall settle.

    As Breadman said, stat-wise they are all the same or have the potential to be the same. The only deciding factors are the item set bonus and abilities. Here are some considerations:
    -A full 6-piece bonus is the same as two 3-part partial bonuses.
    -Regina, Braha, Terminus Sentinel, and Lugh Lamfhada abilities will only work in the Ben Chenner areas, while Abomination will work in Lochlann areas.
    -Level 5 abilities require the corresponding title for beating its associated boss 50 times in order to activate.
    -All high end components can be acquired through the Seal Shop and upgraded at Dianann.
    Zupsero
  • ZupseroZupsero
    Vindictus Rep: 600
    Posts: 41
    Member
    thanks guys!! what kind of lynn would i be without you?! +best
  • HoshinakiHoshinaki
    Vindictus Rep: 2,155
    Posts: 50
    Member
    edited February 15, 2018
    So uhhhhh...... very late, but I made my own Lynn guide. The video will be on the first page. Kind of clumsily made, but I hope the visual will help.
    IcoLovessiaOrder5ArentissTheameris
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    Posts: 935
    Member
    Hoshinaki wrote: »
    So uhhhhh...... very late, but I made my own Lynn guide. The video will be on the first page. Kind of clumsily made, but I hope the visual will help.

    Better late than never. I think this makes your guide much more complete, and it does the job quite splendidly. More personally, I think the video really shows off the mastery you acquired.

    Sure there are things that you didn't include, but I don't think they are important enough for visuals or adding additional time on a video. People will mostly care about raiding and Lynn L60+ stuff, so it was a good choice to leave things like Dark Cloud and Golden Arm out. (Lovely how Golden Arm has become one of those "nobody talks about that... +quiet".)
  • LeGiLeGi
    Vindictus Rep: 300
    Posts: 7
    Member
    I recently started playing Glaive Lynn myself, and its a blast!
    -After detonating with Iron Flag from range, you can still gain Furious Tiger buff even from range, meaning you don't have to actually make contact with the boss

    Can someone please explain as I dont understand how you get Furious Tiger with Iron Flag? :/ What do I miss here.

    And another question on ATK Speed. You say 40 is a good for most bosses but i read in other places that you should be to ~70. Is the 40 a bit outdated our just the minimum you should get and still aim for 70?

    Thanks guys, this thread really helped clearing stuff up and improved my play. Still leveling but after I was almost sure I want to stick with TS-Vella im happy i tried out Lynn. Both are really nice, but Lynn is really satisfying when you start landing you golden stacks and stuff.
  • VladinoVladino
    Vindictus Rep: 2,875
    Posts: 231
    Member
    LeGi wrote: »
    I recently started playing Glaive Lynn myself, and its a blast!
    -After detonating with Iron Flag from range, you can still gain Furious Tiger buff even from range, meaning you don't have to actually make contact with the boss
    Can someone please explain as I dont understand how you get Furious Tiger with Iron Flag? :/ What do I miss here.

    You have to do little rat or killing dart after detonating marks with iron flag. It's a bug. I think little rat/killing dart give buff when there is a hit on boss from you, but it doesn't check if it's caused by other sources sooo you will gain furious tiger even if your lil rat or dart wont hit while marks are detonating.

    For attack speed if you can hit her 2nd smash then you are good with speed (but for better dps you would like to hit with 4th smash sometimes too). As for me more speed means more fun -> so prefer speed build instead of crit. I think it was recommended to have at least 50-70 as for neamhain but that's endgame content.