[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Ded Xgun

ApophisApophis
Vindictus Rep: 1,000
in Kai
Sooo, crossgun kai dodge is basically as bad as bow kai dodge now, great!
  1. Do you want this reversed, or should I just git gud24 votes
    1. Ya u just suck
       33% (8 votes)
    2. Meh
       13% (3 votes)
    3. Nope xgun needs a better dodge
       54% (13 votes)

Comments

• PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    It feels like they just want to slowly make everyone's movement suck. Evie, Sylas, and Fifi are the only ones left.
  • ApophisApophis
    Arisha is still good but, the whole point of having a strong xgun dodge is cuz thats literally the only method of avoiding attacks that he has. You give him fiona dodge, and no block, and hes garbage. I would rather have xgun his damage cut in half, than have his dodge become trash.
  • SwaggerrrrrrSwaggerrrrrr
    Vindictus Rep: 515
    Xgun kai's mobility and dodging ability used to be really strong due to his glitch, but removing that without compensating anything in return seems like just too much.

I mean Kai's supposed to be ranged, but xgun needs to be up close to the bosses when using his main abilities like hallow shot or 6 bullets, so not being able to chase the bosses kind of suck, but there are characters who are like that as well.

The real problem is that he now has the worst dodge move among all the characters due his long ass delay after he finishes a roll and you can only roll once.

Basically Kai has no way to dodge any boss that does multiple sweeps that covers a large area.

Removing his roll glitch is acceptable, since it is not supposed to be played that way, however, making certain boss patterns impossible to dodge just seems like a poor and lazy design by the developers.
    IkarsuWhiteFang3211
  • ArishaLArishaL
    Vindictus Rep: 1,100
    Kai is dead. RIP
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    Xgun kai's mobility and dodging ability used to be really strong due to his glitch, but removing that without compensating anything in return seems like just too much.

I mean Kai's supposed to be ranged, but xgun needs to be up close to the bosses when using his main abilities like hallow shot or 6 bullets, so not being able to chase the bosses kind of suck, but there are characters who are like that as well.

The real problem is that he now has the worst dodge move among all the characters due his long ass delay after he finishes a roll and you can only roll once.

Basically Kai has no way to dodge any boss that does multiple sweeps that covers a large area.

Removing his roll glitch is acceptable, since it is not supposed to be played that way, however, making certain boss patterns impossible to dodge just seems like a poor and lazy design by the developers.

well Devcat has always been lazy, even to this day. They don't think things through with certain bosses, especially ring blasts... kai can't dodge at all. It's like old kai all over again where even if you do a perfect dodge, you STILL get hit. It's aggravating to have one of the best classes in the game turned into DogS***!
    ArishaL
  • ApophisApophis
    Well to clarify, bolt rolling has been around since xgun was released, the initial version of it was just him using a single shot to cancel the end of the dodge animation, and after kai revamp the bolt rolling was changed into a simple dodge chain where you didn't fire, instead just used left click to cycle through dodges. This to me seemed that the devs were "embracing" the bolt rolling since they neither removed it or nerfed it, instead they made it better( you dont waste A&D shots bolt rolling). But yeah, demolishing his only defensive ability without making anything else better is overkill and i wouldd have preferred they changed him in literally any other way.

• EnigmaTaroEnigmaTaro
    Vindictus Rep: 3,815
    ..and people will still call him baby mode.
  • Arrow95Arrow95
    Vindictus Rep: 2,515
    People/Vindictus always hated Kai, the dodge on Gun was perfect no reason to change it(even if it was so called a glitch which as been acepted since the very start). Bow also needs a better invul dodge 0.33 invul is just a bad most of the time the anmation of the enemy attacks lasts longer then the dodge it self.
    People still think the Revamp made kai way overpowered its just a joke, if they do nerf bow it will be the end of me
  • ArishaLArishaL
    Vindictus Rep: 1,100
    Nexon's scheme to make us buy more merc pots. I see it clearly now...
  • EnkrydEnkryd
    Vindictus Rep: 410
    edited January 19, 2017
    Can't do sh*t now... but of course they had to do this right when Neamhain came out. I'd give up my weapon if I can get my old dodge back...
  • Arrow95Arrow95
    All the salty Lanns/Evies need to get out
  • SojSoj
    Vindictus Rep: 785
    I haven't noticed a difference in Xgun Kai's dodge. What am I missing?
  • Arrow95Arrow95
    I guess you didnt know about bolt rolling then, you could cancel his dodge like mid way with a normal bolt then dodge right away again if you want to, makes it so you can dodge 2x faster or even more so, helps alot vs bosses that attack more then once on there combo attacks or just makes you move faster around the map