[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Is Vindictus 'the Most Random Game Ever'?

boddoleboddole
Vindictus Rep: 1,410
in General Discussion
I ask this as a serious question, does anyone know a game(s) that contain more general randomness than Vindi? I couldn't think of any out of the ones I've played, but I'd be curious to hear your thoughts on that matter.

Comments

• 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    Vindictus Rep: 2,915
    in terms of gearing yeah
    in terms of gameplay, mobas are the most random. you never know what teammates and opponents you will end up with.
    BLUESTEEL
  • BladeXAngelBladeXAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,805
    the overall concept for gearing in vindictus is farm gold, then buy the gear...then farm harder bosses for more gold, then buy more gear...
  • NoburoNoburo
    Vindictus Rep: 2,940
    Rng elixirs for your rng enchants to boost your two rng stats, crit and bal, on your rng enhanced weapon. Wee! You can count how unpredictably your teammates will play in groups as randomness too, but that's the good kind of random that keeps the battles from being the exact same every time.

At least hit checks aren't decided by rng like in an rpg. You hit something with an attack, you actually hit it. Unless it's laggy or something.
  • BladeXAngelBladeXAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,805
    edited January 17, 2017
    Noburo wrote: »
    Rng elixirs for your rng enchants to boost your two rng stats, crit and bal, on your rng enhanced weapon. Wee! You can count how unpredictably your teammates will play in groups as randomness too, but that's the good kind of random that keeps the battles from being the exact same every time.

At least hit checks aren't decided by rng like in an rpg. You hit something with an attack, you actually hit it. Unless it's laggy or something.

well, Nexon made sure that hitting things now becomes rng too with lag in royal army raids haha. but anyway if you follow my logic, you can basically ignore two major rng issue, enchanting and enhancing and only rng left in terms of gearing is loot....
  • AequipondiumAequipondium
    Vindictus Rep: 1,965
    Don't be fooled. The R in rng for vindictus doesn't stand for random, it stands for rigged.
    NasseQuinqueBladehawk
  • KourinKourin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,375
    I dunno. Most Korean games are RNG fests, so I can't really compare. I can tell you that Vindictus is a lot less "random" than this one popular mobile game though. Compared to a mobile game where you can spend hundreds and thousands of real money and not get anything as well as spending months at a time farming for no real reward, Vindictus is a godsend with its seal shop and events.

The only problematic RNG I find in Vindi would be the Enchant system, because that 40% success rate is not 40%. Enhance is whatever, +15s should be difficult to get and you don't need a +15 to do well anyway. Infusion... meh.

I don't think drop rates are completely horrible either, but I would like to see some changes done to the amount of materials needed to max a stat on a stone shard. 20 of each Heavenly/Godly/Orbs is kind of overwhelming.
    Bladehawk
  • NecrochildNecrochild
    Vindictus Rep: 3,325
    Definitely not. It's pretty standard Korean RPG fodder. In fact, it's success rates on high-end enhancements is sadly pretty high comparatively.
  • boddoleboddole
    Vindictus Rep: 1,410
    *reads all responses, resolves not to play any other Korean games...