[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

What's going on with Callidus?????

LinnardLinnard
Vindictus Rep: 560
in General Discussion
Callidus's attack where he charges at you after detecting motion with a radar is weird. I've been playing Kai recently, and sometimes it seems no matter how soon I stop moving he still charges after me. When I played on my Lann a couple weeks ago, often I could still move roughly .5 seconds after the radar initiates and still be within the threshold where he wouldn't charge me. Did a recent patch change Callidus's behavior, or does he just really hates Kais?

Comments

• NoburoNoburo
    Vindictus Rep: 2,940
    Did you have the bleed debuff? He'll track you regardless of movement if you do.
    GhengisJohnAnthonytonyboy
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    If you suffer from the bleeding debuff, he will chase you down even if you did not move.
    -In groups, if you did not get chased down first, you can use massive impact to interrupt his slashing spree.
    -In a solo run, It is best to save up bunker buster if able so you can bypass the hit. If all else fails, you can transform to give you 6 seconds of invulnerability.
    -there are rare instances where he may miss due to a height difference between the player and the sword when dodging backwards.
    -loading your X gun via right click while standing still DOES NOT trigger the deadly targeting debuff.
    -This will deal 4,000 damage no matter how high or low your defense value is.

If you're looking to farm lightweight shards, Hagan the spear infected goblin also drops lightweight shards as well as Keen shards if Callidus proves too much to handle.

Hope this will clear things up for you.
    GhengisJohnBladehawk
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    Adding on to Ikarsu's list of tips. You can sometimes use a fallen tree trunk to block him from reaching you and he'll eventually strike it.
  • MochiSweetMochiSweet
    Vindictus Rep: 3,050
    edited January 13, 2017
    I tank him even when he does that move ' v ')
  • LinnardLinnard
    Vindictus Rep: 560
    Ikarsu wrote: »
    If you suffer from the bleeding debuff, he will chase you down even if you did not move. <br />
    -In groups, if you did not get chased down first, you can use massive impact to interrupt his slashing spree. <br />
    -In a solo run, It is best to save up bunker buster if able so you can bypass the hit. If all else fails, you can transform to give you 6 seconds of invulnerability. <br />
    -there are rare instances where he may miss due to a height difference between the player and the sword when dodging backwards.<br />
    -loading your X gun via right click while standing still DOES NOT trigger the deadly targeting debuff.<br />
    -This will deal 4,000 damage no matter how high or low your defense value is.<br />
    <br />
    If you're looking to farm lightweight shards, Hagan the spear infected goblin also drops lightweight shards as well as Keen shards if Callidus proves too much to handle. <br />
    <br />
    Hope this will clear things up for you.
    Noburo wrote: »
    Did you have the bleed debuff? He'll track you regardless of movement if you do.

Thanks so much guys. The forum didn't let me reply for a while for some reason. I get it now. I kept getting that bleeding debuff with my kai, and even had a suspicion it had something to do with it. Suspicion confirmed.