[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

What's new?

CaesarSaladNum1CaesarSaladNum1
Vindictus Vertreter: 310
Mitglied
edited Januar 9, 2017 in General Discussion
I haven't touched this game after 3-4 years so, I'm just wondering what's changed. The thing that irked me the most was their enhancement system with the cash items (not necessarily needed but should probably have) because you had to have this certain amount of damage and sustainability in order to do squat in the late game that involved gear going pass 10+. Mind you i was one of the earlier players on this game's player base. I left due to the absurdity of their boss/damage system to actually progress anywhere in late game unless you were carried because if you were under this belt line of damage that was like 1000-2000 damage under the recommended damage to do decent to good amount of damage to bosses. The damage you did was literally . I understand that f2p games need the micro-transaction to survive but it takes a load of time to get anything late game found and built which I don't mind. However, it gets to you when your items are constantly breaking or the durability gets too low because of enhancement. I have spent cash on this game before but it just felt like a waste.

Has anything improved since then? I stopped a little after at the lightning and ice dragon arc. I'm well aware the game has way more content now than it did before. I know I'm bitching a little bit but that's the thing that drove me away from the game in the first place. I do not hate game as I do like it since it requires skills. I have reconsider coming back but i don't know what the player base is like as of now. I wish they had a stat showing the players online and how many people owned an account. Anyway feel free to say something.

Kommentare

• Order5Order5
    Vindictus Vertreter: 5,900
    Mitglied
    edited Januar 9, 2017
    Gear is a LOT easier to get since your time. I've only been playing for 2 years, but it's a lot easier to do end-game stuff now than it was when I started playing. You'll be happy to know that a +10 weapon will be sufficient so long as you can get good stats from armor and enchantments, but the sad news is that the game is extremely laggy and unstable since the last November and December patches.

Australia server is dead, you won't find anyone outside of channel 1, and it's so deserted that you won't ever see a single Ad-bot. Player-base for East and West has always felt low, but currently it is on another decline because holidays and such are over, but also because of the recent instability of the servers. I can't say much about EU, but they use the same forums as us now so one of them might speak up if that's where you play.
  • CaesarSaladNum1CaesarSaladNum1
    Mitglied
    edited Januar 9, 2017
    is the cap for the knight system still 40? My lann (paladin) has had it for ages. Well's thats good to hear I guess. The easier drop is nice. the game has always had problems with lags due to certain previous patches but they fix it but who knows when tbh. I play on the west server in the U.S..
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Vertreter: 8,530
    Mitglied
    edited Januar 9, 2017
    It's much easier to gear now. You can manage to be in a place to get into most of the game's raids without a ton of play time. Really gearing out a character still takes a long time, especially if you work to gear more than one character at a time. The penalties for enhancing and enchanting are still high. Failing the best enchants in the game can destroy your gear without runes, and low level enhancement can reset and higher level can be destroyed without runes.

Nexon Global has been better about giving events that help players to gear up more effectively, and has actually given out free gear all the way up to 80 at one point--that actually just ended. They still don't give our region the same level of rewards for playing that the Asian regions receive and that really isn't fair, but you can play the game and if you choose only spend money on cosmetics and convenience items and still advance relatively well.
    Mitglied
    edited Januar 9, 2017
    Well I wouldn't say anything pertaining to unfair gifting to the Asian region as it is where it originates from and is where the game is most populated heaviest. Probably one of the reasons they can even put it out for other regions because they can afford to do it. I didn't mind it to an extent for myself on gearing even though it was a **** to do but if other people at the time didn't have the recommended gear (not necessarily every time i would mind). Everything took twice if not three time as long to complete. Given the current gear and patches at the time.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Vertreter: 8,530
    Mitglied
    Yep, but not giving out those free items everywhere has hurt them in the long run. Frustrated players don't convert into paying players very well or for very long. There are other things like the Nexon launcher that have hurt the population here as well, but telling us that our time and money isn't as valuable as the Asian region hasn't helped wonders. Of course, I might just be crazy. NA/EU paid for Black Desert when no other regions in the world had to and really got nothing out of it, so maybe the west is just full of sheep who don't mind throwing money away just because.
    Mitglied
    edited Januar 10, 2017
    Well I would agree the gifts they gave during any event or maintenance was total crap turd here in the U.S. servers (i can't speak for other servers) but the game itself is very off putting for lots of people due to the extensive bland grind of getting to the actually fun in the late game with yourself majority of the time since everyone is high levels and at high level raids. The player base hasn't always been big but there was at least people playing it during my time. That in of itself hurts the player base for newcomers as well. The community for late game was a bit toxic too. Not everyone was an a** but it doesn't help anyone out when people are being constantly kicked out due to their equipment (not being +12 or over). I understand that but what can anyone hope for the newer players to do to help in raids if you never give them a chance to obtain something. I have dealt with turd afkers before and I think that's kind of how some of the higher geared player saw them. More people makes it harder if i recall correctly.