[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Pretty new :D

Kalicia_EmberKalicia_Ember
Vindictus Rep: 410
edited January 9, 2017 in New Recruits
Hey, I'm really liking this game so far, has a Dark Souls action combat/boss killing sort of feel to it. One thing I'm confused about though is, how or where do I get permanent cosmetic things like hair and inner armor? I definitely do not want to pay for something like that and only have it last a month lol

Anyway, weee!

Comments

• Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    edited January 9, 2017
    You can buy the permanent items so they won't expire. Just go to the Avatar shop and change it to the permanent version instead of the 7-day or 30-day versions.

If you do not want to pay real money for these cosmetic items then you have to wait for an event that gives you one for free or buy one of the air-tight permanent coupons from the marketplace using in-game gold. The air-tight items are almost always under the last tab "Etc." of the marketplace. Once you have obtained a permanent coupon through the marketplace, through an event, etc. or are willing to pay using NX or real money, then you go to the Avatar shop, select the desired item for purchase, then select the permanent coupon during checkout.

By the way, there are sometimes contests that you can win to obtain NX so you don't have to spend real money.
  • Kalicia_EmberKalicia_Ember
    Oh sweet, thank you for the information ^_^
    Zhenon
  • Dusean17Dusean17
    Vindictus Rep: 610
    Just quick tips:

- Use mine bombs early in to earn a little bit of money

- You won't need to worry about gear until late 50s or lv60

-LV60 is the end game level: Raids, Rare Drops, Titles, Seals and everything else gets more upbeat here.

- Get all your sidequests at once

- Look on the forum for more tips.

Hope you have fun and welcome.
    Yeah I'm having fun ^^ I'm level 7 or 8 at the moment I think, are there any different hub areas or is everything operated out of this little town you start in?
    Oh, I saw some kind of unclear info about player housing, and still can't figure out if it's something in the game or not
  • Order5Order5
    edited January 9, 2017
    About the hub areas, there are a few different towns, but there are also 200 channels. Channels can be thought of like mini-servers to avoid crowding and lag; you might be in Colhen on channel 1, but your friend might be in Colhen on channel 189, so you won't see them on your screen even if you are standing in the same exact spot. You can see what channel you're on in the upper right corner of your screen, and you can click on it to change channels. The most populated channels are typically 1-6 because they are the standard channels.

At level 1 you can travel between the port town of Colhen and the city of Rocheste. You can take the long walk between here and there or talk to the carriage driver at the in-town exit of either places. At level 30 you can take the ferryman at either Colhen or Rocheste docks to go to the island town of Malina. We recently got a new town called Berbhe which is accessible through the Colhen ferryman only, but I'm not sure if there is a level restriction to go there.

There is no housing in this game, at least in the sense that you get to purchase/customize your own personal space in the game. The only places you can stay are the different inns within each town, and upon quitting the game, you'll automatically be placed at whichever one was the nearest when you log back in and on whatever channel you have set as your preferred.
    Ah okay, well I have other games with some housing in it and this game is interesting enough that I feel like I at least want to see how it goes up to the higher levels ^^
  • Order5Order5
    While customizing a house can be a fun, most people in this game spend a lot of their time at either Brynn's or Ferghus's place, so having a house is kind of pointless.
  • HOTDOGHOTDOG
    Vindictus Rep: 1,080
    wow you look cute
    we should play together
    add me ingame: HOTDOG
    Bladehawk
  • BoatGodBoatGod
    Vindictus Rep: 2,575
    ^^^^ that avatar makes your quote...questionable
    BloodAngel