[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Possible cause of royal army raid slideshow mode

2edgy4u2edgy4u
Vindictus Vertreter: 2,915
Mitglied
in General Discussion
The really bad lag that often shows up in RAR doesn't seem to follow any obvious pattern (AFAIK). It's not dependent on the number of people or which raid it is. My theory right now is that if players are loading in when someone starts it, it will lead to lag, and not just until they finish loading but for the whole run. In my limited experience, this hasn't been disproven, so I'm asking everyone to pay attention to it, see if it's a reliable pattern, and maybe we can figure out how to avoid unplayable RARs.

Also share other possible causes of the lag that we can test.

Kommentare

• ArishaLArishaL
    Vindictus Vertreter: 1,100
    Mitglied
    Dont do royal raids. It is cancer. Even if you tell a gm there are issues with the royal raids, they'll just ignore you and tell you it must be your fault for the lag.
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Vertreter: 3,765
    Mitglied
    You know it's crap like this that makes me want to stop running royal raids in its entirety considering the following reasons:

1. since the abomination patch came out, the raids have been unplayable to the point where everyone dies from a lag frame skip. It was supposed to be fixed from a maintenance, but I haven't seen one yet. and NO, it's not from the host, because I know a good amount of hosts that get crippled when they do a royal raid because the servers are completely operated by a potato crop. and what's worse than a hamster? a potato.

2. the rare isn't worth grinding for considering you need 120 of them to max out your weapon should you want to be that kind of person that wants to min-max every single stat. Following this, 40M each x 120 rares = 4.8 BILLION. That's enough to get you a +15 90 weapon.

3. why spend 15-50 agonizing minutes killing a boss where at any point in time someone will "mooch" the raid and they subsequently end up getting the rare material? It's pretty stupid how one person can sit around and do nothing while the rest of us bust our Cahonies Killing the boss. YES, I still see moochers when I do these raids.

4. Most of your runs end up with AP capsules... that you do NOT FREAKING NEED Since one is AP capped. Why add extra AP anyway? This also adds to junky elixirs as well where you can FARM that in Red Archer. -____-''

5. The level 60 bottle has a chance to give you useless 80 mats when the boss is level 90. Where have I seen that occurrence before hmm? Also, where's the paradise enhancement stone since they drop elixirs considering the two go hand-in-hand?

6. Attack gets scaled up, but not defense, resistance, and critical rating. So the whole giving low levels a fighting chance is EXTREMELY misleading, considering that at any chance they can get killed by a single blow. Plus, the higher ups get more attack per low level, which emphasizes of promoting hard carrying in these raids.

7. Eventually this will get scaled up to level 95 with having more HP to boot on top of that 25,000,000 HP when the dullahan content comes out, making getting upgrades for 90 weapons more difficult to obtain than it already is.
    VoldaireMochiSweet
  • NoburoNoburo
    Vindictus Vertreter: 2,940
    Mitglied
    It was thinking it might also be caused by the first person loading in having a bad pc. It happens 100% of the time when I'm the first one in, but the last couple of times I had a good run was when one of the people who streams on my server went in first.

You can achieve a similar affect by having someone on a bad pc jumping into an empty arena channel and having other people try to join during the first person's loading screen - both players will get stuck or load into a really laggy arena. Back when I helped my guildies farm up medals all the time, I had to make sure to let them load in first so that it wouldn't happen, because this was a 100% occurrence.

Hilarious answer that I hope is true: The dedicated servers run an actual game client and the UI lag has gotten so bad that they need someone to go and hit numpad- twice in order for the run to not suck.

Both of these theories are ridiculous, but somehow believable given how they've inexplicably managed to ruin the game's performance this past year.
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Vertreter: 5,900
    Mitglied
    @Ikarsu

5) You get materials from exquisite to godly. Exquisite is useful from level 60-80 not just 80. And Godly is useful for level 90s.
    6) Players are scaled up to 20k ATT, 12.5k DEF, and 7000 HP. Still not much of a fighting chance, but I'm just correcting you for accuracy.
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    Vindictus Vertreter: 2,915
    Mitglied
    Noburo
    Noburo said:

It was thinking it might also be caused by the first person loading in having a bad pc. It happens 100% of the time when I'm the first one in, but the last couple of times I had a good run was when one of the people who streams on my server went in first.

You can achieve a similar affect by having someone on a bad pc jumping into an empty arena channel and having other people try to join during the first person's loading screen - both players will get stuck or load into a really laggy arena. Back when I helped my guildies farm up medals all the time, I had to make sure to let them load in first so that it wouldn't happen, because this was a 100% occurrence.

this seems more plausible than my explanation but is also much harder to control and to test
  • NoburoNoburo
    Vindictus Vertreter: 2,940
    Mitglied
    I'm kind of hoping that's not it, because that would mean they changed something about the game's functionality that ruins the performance AGAIN when there didn't really seem to be a problem in the first place.

I haven't really been doing Royal Army runs 2+ times every day like I did before the Abyssal Arena patch (for obvious reasons), so me getting laggy raids every time I'm the first one in might just be really bad luck with the 30 or so runs that I've done.