[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Where to even begin..

The_VillainThe_Villain
Vindictus Rep: 1,550
in Bug Reporting
There's.. a few bugs to talk about here.. From the chain hooks mechanics in Abomination, to the unreasonable amount of lag due to the (useless) UI update and certain situations within runs that cause humongous lag spikes.

I guess I'll start with talking about the chain hook mechanic in Abomination. Yeah, that's buggy af. On a certain platform where you land on one and have to double chain hook to reach the one to ring the bell, instead of allowing you to double hook, it'll interrupt for whatever reason and we know where that'll land you. Dead. Which is incredibly annoying and "bugs" me more than the boss itself..

As for the lag spikes during runs, particularly the Berbhe runs. Sometimes killing a monster at certain spots (such as the place where there's floating stones that you can jump on while they move up and down) will trigger a MASSIVE lag spike that's so horrid that it'll ironically cause the game to run smoother if you try to wait through it.. Which sucks because you still won't even be able to move. Even just trying to move through to a different area shortly after killing a remaining mob might cause a spike. This has happened multiple times, and it REALLY needs to be fixed.

As for the UI issues in general. I'm aware that you're "looking into it" but this is a problem that has existed since the UI/Ein Lacher update. When I first load into the game, everything runs smoothly as if nothing is wrong with it, luring me and everyone else that's experiencing this problem into a false sense of bliss. But getting on a boat (which btw, takes entirely way too long to load into) and during the personal character introduction phase and boom, another lag spike just from that. Then comes the run, and everything goes downhill from there. You load in (and since it's another load screen, you end up taking longer than usual to load into it) and the game becomes incredibly laggy, which'll force you to turn your UI off just to able to move around normally- this is excluding any lag on host's side. Then turning the UI back on and the frames drop to the point where it becomes close to that of a slide show or fancy power point presentation.. And the lag will continue even outside of the run. Don't even have to join a run to experience the frame drop, just turning the UI off and back on to have a cleaner look at your character will trigger it. I find myself having to relog multiple times a day to play the game now, when I never had to do that before UI/Ein Lacher update so if that says anything about where to start looking for cause of the problem, that'd be a good place to begin.

And as a nitpick.. Get rid of gachapons and just do direct purchase lol (not technically a bug, but it sure does "bug" me.. I'm funny).

Comments

• The_VillainThe_Villain
    Vindictus Rep: 1,550
    And to further elaborate on the bug in Berbhe runs where killing a monster or such would cause a massive lag spike, the first time I encountered it I noticed that multiple copies of the killed goblin were being produced in the spot with the floating stones. Again in the boss room when killing the mobs, if you kill them "too soon", multiple copies will be produced once more and apparently so many and fast that it'll cause a massive lag spike that you can't wait out. Like I said, waiting to the end of it will eventually make the game run smoother but you'll be stuck in place not being able to move. Something similar like this happened in BCE when it first came out, didn't it?
    Zeze