[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Why is there still no fix to this CRC check fail?

TheNewKaiTheNewKai
Vindictus Rep: 1,405
edited January 7, 2017 in General Discussion
I've had this issue for almost a year, i load the game through nexon launcher and when it loads i get a pop up saying CRC check fail error, Please reinstall the game client.
It happens at random times, sometimes it doesn't happen for days other times it's everyday. Nothing fixes it except completely uninstalling and reinstalling the game, and that is only temporary.
Yes i've tried reinstalling the launcher
Yes i've tried repair
And no i can't just play through steam because one of my accounts is locked to an unknown steam account

It's really frustrating and nobody seems to have a fix or answer for it.

Comments

• IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    Very rare occurrence when unzipping or extracting files depending on what extractor you use. This means that one or more files from the game on your computer when you installed vindictus has been corrupted and is thus, being unable to load properly. This corruption is mainly caused at either random instances of unknown origin (rare case) or having a computer being infected by malicious software (most common case). What you can do is if you have another computer and try installing it on that computer, and grabbing the rar file via flash drive. unzip and try it again from the flash drive after copying it to your first comp's desktop. If having a 2nd computer isn't an option, then I would suggest finding a way to get rid of any and all infected files detected through your anti-virus software as these infected files (if any) can and will affect the performance of extracting files on a windows user. After getting those two done and if you have a friend to connect with via E-mail, you can ask them to transfer an un-corrupted installer for the nexon launcher and see where that goes.

Sometimes the processor over clocks on itself and can corrupt files during the extraction process, but this only occurs on processors that are at least 8 to 10 years of age.

Honestly, there's no real solution to this problem as it varies greatly from computer to computer, as some are newer gen and others are older gen, which makes it difficult to pin point the exact cause of ze CRC check fail Error.
  • TheNewKaiTheNewKai
    edited January 7, 2017
    Ikarsu
    Ikarsu said:

Very rare occurrence when unzipping or extracting files depending on what extractor you use. This means that one or more files from the game on your computer when you installed vindictus has been corrupted and is thus, being unable to load properly. This corruption is mainly caused at either random instances of unknown origin (rare case) or having a computer being infected by malicious software (most common case). What you can do is if you have another computer and try installing it on that computer, and grabbing the rar file via flash drive. unzip and try it again from the flash drive after copying it to your first comp's desktop. If having a 2nd computer isn't an option, then I would suggest finding a way to get rid of any and all infected files detected through your anti-virus software as these infected files (if any) can and will affect the performance of extracting files on a windows user. After getting those two done and if you have a friend to connect with via E-mail, you can ask them to transfer an un-corrupted installer for the nexon launcher and see where that goes.

Sometimes the processor over clocks on itself and can corrupt files during the extraction process, but this only occurs on processors that are at least 8 to 10 years of age.

Honestly, there's no real solution to this problem as it varies greatly from computer to computer, as some are newer gen and others are older gen, which makes it difficult to pin point the exact cause of ze CRC check fail Error.

Why does it work fine through steam then? And this issue happened on my laptop as well so it's not my pc
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Steam launcher ensures that the files don't get corrupted each time you boot the game up. Plus, the files you obtain for the game are transferred directly from the steam server to the computer, which is checked over on an everyday basis to ensure that the user does not obtain any corrupted files of any sort. If it ends up being corrupted, they will end up repairing the files that has been corrupted on their daily maintenance, where it runs automatically without the need for human supervision. Steam does not rely on Executive files as you are connected to the steam network itself, which is required in order to play games via steam launcher. On the other hand, Steam also adds direct launchers for the game should your internet go out for whatever reason, so one may not be on a total reliance to said steam network.

The Nexon Launcher on the other hand, installs the files from an executive program, where it can and will at any point in time, be corrupted for reasons mentioned earlier, whether it is completely random, the processor overclocking due to age and thus corrupting files, or having an infected computer. Based on this, Your laptop's processor may have come to the point where it is unable to read certain files without corrupting them in the process when installed form .EXE programs. Depending on how old for both the laptop and desktop can also support this as well. Some processing units can die out as early as two years, and can go on for as long as 20 years per generation of said units.

If the NX launcher installer executive file is corrupted itself, then you will have to delete that file and find a way to get it via another means. Usually downloading it via flash drive or cloud storage is a work around for aged computers as it takes less strain on the processor than directly extracting it to the hard drive. Cloud storage allows the user to access files from any computer that is able to connect to said network, whether it is google drive, Microsoft cloud, or any other form of cloud service that you use. Flash drives work as well as an alternative route should the cloud storage method fails. If both methods don't work, then there may be a problem the processor itself overlooking necessary files that ends up corrupting them in the process. It's all I can conclude at this point in time until a confirmed age for both the laptop/desktop are provided.
  • TheNewKaiTheNewKai
    edited January 7, 2017
    Ikarsu
    Ikarsu said:

. It's all I can conclude at this point in time until a confirmed age for both the laptop/desktop are provided.
    laptop is about 3 years old though i dont use it anymore, an i5 3337
    PC is almost a year old, an i3 4170

windows 10 on both if that matters...
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Looks like those are older gen processors that are prone to having problems early in their life cycle. Though, the laptop may experience problems when extracting files, but the desktop should not have any issues as far as I am aware.

Vindictus for windows 10 also has compatibility issues with the launcher itself, and it's recommended to launch via steam instead of the nexon launcher.

Looks like I can conclude that the corrupted files included in the Executive file are caused by compatibility issues from converting from windows 7 to windows 10.

Though it's not the end of the world. There should be a way to run the executive file in compatibility mode that aids in fixing these files. If it doesn't work, then I will have to say that the drivers for your processing units needs to be updated to the latest. Just look up your processor and look for the latest updated driver, install that, reset the computer, and try launching the NX launcher as an administrator.