[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

De-incentivizing alternate characters

KasumiIrisKasumiIris
Vindictus Rep: 100
in Suggestions and Feedback
Hai!

I want to play the character I chose without having to use characters I don't want, but this game heavily incentivizes using multiple characters by only allowing one raid entry per character (and giving you more stats for having multiple characters). I understand there's a maximum number of raid entries per character so players can't re-run end-game dungeons and ruin the economy, and I also understand the extra dungeon run (and stats) act as the reward for taking the time to grind another character up to level 105+, but it's not that I wouldn't grind to earn more dungeon runs and stats (I'm already doing that on my singular character); I just don't want to do it on a character I don't care for, and I don't believe players should need multiple characters in order to grind their way towards more dungeon runs.
(And—tangentially—I'm not going to buy anything for any character except the one I want to play anyway, so there's no motivation there.)

I'm suggesting one of several possible solutions to needing multiple characters to level up (because I don't want to complain without offering something to fix it):

1. Can players be able to run raids X times per account—X being equal to the maximum number of alternate characters ta player can have—BUT each subsequent run after the first is capped to level 100 raids?
2. Or can there be a prestige system where players can redo the storyline from level 1 back up to 105 (or no story), after which they unlock 1 extra run for level 100 raids on that character.
3. Or create a fun and grindable dungeon/raid (no cap to the number of runs) that gives players level 100 drops and some gold.
4. Or allow players to copy/paste their character's name, friend's list, and purchased cosmetics onto another character slot, effectively allowing them to have multiple characters without having to actually play as (or appear as) a character they don't want to be with their friend's list going blank.

Doing any of the above would be preferable to all-but-forcing players to use characters they don't want in order to have enough content each day and earn the same amount of rewards as players with multiple characters, and the above solutions come at no disadvantage to players who do already have multiple characters because those players still have the ability to run higher-level dungeons multiple times if they have the gear for it.

I'd also politely request the bonus stats from Vanguard be given to players either by default or to players who prestige (depending on if any of those above 4 options are chosen). I see no reason to keep the stats guarded against players unless they have multiple characters.