[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Options/Effects settings for Charon inconsistent

AlphaNickAlphaNick
Vindictus Rep: 400
edited February 3, 2023 in Bug Reporting
Options / Video / Advanced / Effects - Player (slider):
For characters before Charon, when the "Effects - Player" slider was at lowest setting, the special effects would be almost completely hidden.
Charon's effects (mostly the circles in front of enemies) cause me a lot of eyestrain, especially when playing in 3DVision. If the "Effects - Player" slider settings could be made consistent with other characters like Arisha, or if a setting could be provided to completely disable Player Effects, that would solve my problem. Note that the game already provides a way to disable all effects for all other players, so this would not be a radical change: For example, the "Hit Effect" and "Effects - Players" dropdowns now offer two choices: "Self Only" and "All Players". A third choice, "No Players" or "None" would be an ideal solution for me.
I am aware that some effects are used to indicate player status. Still, I prefer not to have the benefit of these effects unless I am fighting a very difficult boss (In which case I can temporarily enable the effects).
  1. Would you like options that would enable you to further reduce Charon's effects?1 vote
    1. Yes
       100% (1 vote)
    2. No
       0% (0 votes)