[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Simplifying the game - A necessary step?

puentedestruidopuentedestruido
Vindictus Rep: 100
in Suggestions and Feedback
-Remaking gear
Remove all gear as it is in the game. Then make gear that would work with ANY character. For example: If you buy a lvl 100 "weapon" for Hurk you could use it on Vella too.
Why do I suggest this? Vindictus is not like Monster Hunter, where you have 12 weapons in a character. Programming-wise, you plan on copy-pasting code for each character JUST to have different ICONS show up? Is this not redundant?
-Remaking characters
If you remake gear like I said, you could:
Allow players to change heroes ANY TIME. They would get to keep all their "gear and stats" because it works for every character now. I think this IS THE KEY to keep players interested. Well, now this would cause a problem with AP. Then why not do the same? Remake the AP system. Instead of having 20 skills to learn with each character, make it 20 skills for ALL characters. Smash 1 damage increase... , dodge frames increase. You could accomplish your same current system while using only 10% of the game's code.
-Remaking story
Well, if you remake characters and gear like I said... the story no longer needs to be repeated so many times by players. It basically fixes itself. If you focus the character systems into a more "global perspective", you would be able to focus on other stuff to improve your game.