[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Does Infusion Cause Kitty Brooches to Bind?

boddoleboddole
Vindictus Rep: 1,410
in General Discussion
I've looked around for an answer to this but unfortunately different threads have yielded different answers. The most recent thread I could find regarding this (http://forums.vindictus.nexon.net/discussion/848/did-they-change-the-binding-for-the-blue-kitty/p1) has a post from Dinko4TheWin in which he received a reply from a GM stating, "I appreciate you for providing a screenshot of the item. Just to inform you, infusing Kitty Brooches do bind the item to you. Also, not all items get bound to the character after infusing, only some of the items in the game. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you."

So for the moment I'm going with 'yes it does', though I do still see infused brooches being sold...I guess those items were infused before this change took place? And just to add to the confusion, Dinko4TheWin said that his item was already infused for a few months before having its status changed...Is it possible the change was applied to items that were both infused and within a certain time period and not just 'new infusions' after a specific date?

Any clarification is appreciated.

Comments

• KourinKourin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,375
    edited January 4, 2017
    I'm on EU so it might be different, but infusing does not bind an item and it hasn't binded the Cat stuff either.

I've been infusing all my Cat Brooches before selling and even accidentally wore one. The only thing that would and should bind them would be trading or enchanting.

Just yesterday I put +1 Speed onto a White Cat Brooch which I'm now trying to sell.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    There was some misinformation on here before about this, but the +1 Atk Spd White Kitty that I sold recently was the same, it didn't bind after infusion. Only sending it to someone else via mail or putting it into shared storage should cause it to bind.
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    edited January 4, 2017
    I've never read/heard/experienced an instance of infusion causing a bind. It is the single safest form of upgrade in the game. It's also the best form for experimenting and trying to break the game by testing out negative stats.
  • boddoleboddole
    Vindictus Rep: 1,410
    So the GM was wrong? Great...Thanks for the info everyone.