[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Dynamic/Interactive "hold" skill

JacksawJacksaw
Vindictus Rep: 775
edited September 18, 2020 in Suggestions and Feedback
473.jpg

We all love the "hold" skill: you press it and you miss the target.
Jokes aside: you activate it and you lock the target in place giving the other group members to deal free damage, nice.

But what about making things more spicy?
Why not to add an interactive mini-game based on reflexes (just like FFX turbo-skills)?

ffx_turbo_gladius_2.jpg
(good old gold-times)

I mean, it's nothing new even for this game, since there are some fights which presents this kind of game-dynamic.
I was thinking something like this:
- You have 2 options: press "E" to continue the combo, press "Q" to end the combo (let's call it "SP-smash")and deal the final blow (more damage)
- You can continue pressing "E" to extend the time and the final damage dealt by the "SP-smash"
- However, the further you proceed with the Hold Skill (pressing "E"), the faster the minigame gets (eventually becoming impossible), and if you fail, you are not able to activate the "SP-smash" hence losing all the bonus.

What do you guys think?

EDIT:
I was also thinking that maybe every character could have a slightly different mini-game, for example:
1- press E until you can and then Q to finish
2- press the correct WASD keys in time
3- immagine a little sphere spinning in circle with a empty circle at the bottom, one has to press a key when the sphere matches the circle (Rocheste by Sea)
4- click with your mouse on the correct objects/icons that appear on your screen (there are going to be fake ones)

and so on, I mean you can unleash your imagination.
Finally, you could also make the number of combos limited to a maximum so that the skill will have a maximum amount of damage, but I think the first idea is more intriguing.