[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

New player, wanting to ask some questions

RuccaRucca
Vindictus Rep: 510
in New Recruits
Hello everyone, nice to meet you. First time playing Vindictus after I saw it over steam and decided to give it a try, but I'd like to ask around before I decide to commit into the game. I've played for a few hours, but I've only tried 2 classes so far. Gameplay's kinda fun.

Well, first question would be what kind of game is this? Can I casually play 1-2 hours a day and still enjoy the content or is it one of those "grind all day, everyday 24/7 or you'll never catch up" game? If it's the latter then it would be a shame, but it won't be the deal-breaker because, well, it's kinda expected from a F2P title I guess.

Next question, is the ingame community usually so quiet or is it just because I'm still in "newbie-town"? Truth be told, it's a bit difficult to find information about this game and how classes work, most I found were from 2016, be it written guides/reddit/youtube videos. The tutorial helped a bit but it's not 100% clear. I never knew I could pick up dead bodies and use them to whack the other enemies until just now, for example. I did read some of the comprehensive guides listed in the forums, but I won't say no for more information.

Another question would be what class would you recommend for first timers? So far I've played Fiona up to level 30-ish, and a Hurk still stuck in level 17. I find their playstyle fun so far, but I'm always open to suggestions!

A bit of a small question, but what are those red crystal things that burst out of a boss' body when they're defeated? I have no idea what they're for.

Anyways that's all for now I guess, sorry for the wall of text and thanks in advance!