[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

The Abomination Tips

ZeroheartZeroheart
Vindictus Rep: 7,740
edited December 29, 2016 in Battle Quests and Guides
Here is some tips for this Slenderman rip off. Most of all i got to say I was very frustrated at this raid cause every mistake was death but after some help and tip s i was fine with boss and became fun to do.

Timing the Swing to ring the bell

The raising platform(Squish player and they die)
- It is safest to board the platform after the platform has moved.
The piston trap(Pushes player off and they die)
- While waiting on the raising platform, wait till the piston has pushed out then swing across.
- In area where there is no piston trap but a double swing skip this step and read next one.
The Trap door platform(Trolls players and they die)
- Wait til the trap door is back up then swing on.
- If the player is not on piston trap, wait till the trap door is vertical then begin the double swing to the platform.
Ringing the bell.
- At this step all you gotta do is aim and swing. but remember to double tap it to let go else you swing into the gorge and die. (Play George of the Jungle theme)
- Ring 3 times to break his mucus

Where The Abomination Swings on Bell (The Leg step and doom rain upon us)
- Be aware that the boss is trying move to the center of the stage.
- Have only one person position at the base of each swing hot spot. It only needs 3-4 ppl to latch on leg to be succussful. Pretty sure if another person tries to follow will end up dead so why waste the feather.
- Once the prompt saying he is going to climb the bell hurry up and swing, the traps will be temporary disarmed at this time . Also once on leg mash that grab button.

Bell has fallen.
- At 3 bars there will be a cutscene where the bell falls down.
- At this point to weaken the boss, players must rip down the ceiling. Each Swing point need to be done at least once.
- Please refer to the trap system from before.

My guide sucks so please feel free to add more.

(TLDR)
Patience is key when swinging.
Bug is moving to the center, get y'all ass up to the bell
Use your fat ass to tear a new hole once the bell is gone.

Comments

• 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    edited December 29, 2016
    Actually if there is a party of 4 or more everyone has to chain the leg at the same time since he is only there for a short amount of time. That's not enough for people to latch on one by one. So everyone has to be quick about it. So the second he starts heading to the middle 4 people need to be quick and ready to the 2nd platform almost by the time he gets to the ceiling.

Edit: Re-re-read that part. You were saying only 4 people need to try xD
  • KourinKourin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,375
    Not sure if it's different for servers, but in EU you can do the leg mashing with just 2 people in a full party.
  • RaijinnRaijinn
    Vindictus Rep: 1,490
    I've done several test runs, and in a group of 6 man, I've gotten him knocked down with myself and just one other person. Also, I've found out that there's a 2-minute timer when he goes to the middle and climbs the bell, but I have not tested if his barrier coming back up once he reaches the next HP threshold, resets the timer on him climbing the bell.