[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

I hate this pre-registration stuff

KoganesagaKoganesaga
Mitglied
in General Discussion
So I don't follow this site for announcements, so Eira came to me as a complete surprise when steam popped-up an ad for her release (ad showed up on may 4th). I got excited because I remember hearing about a dual-pistol user in the works years ago, and I liked the idea. I promptly deleted whoever that spear user was (second weapon was a total letdown) to make space for her and started playing. I'm playing and plowing through the story in the time I have until today when I get a notice about a per-registration thing I should have done for my account in the announcements. I get concerned and contact support and they tell me that I didn't do the per-registration so I don't have to worry. I went and looked it up, and holy crap that's some awesome stuff, free outfit, free hair, and a good set of armor at 95. Now that I know I missed out on all this cool stuff because I found out about all this a week too late, I don't even want to play anymore. Sure I could get the weapon by getting to 95, but doing the same amount of work for 1/5 of the reward when I'm working in the same time-frame as everyone else all because I never got a pop-up about this is so discouraging.

There really should just be a skip of this per-registering stuff and just have it be part of the characters launch like most other games. If you're stalking the announcements then you're all set, but people like me who don't go around checking every game's homepage regularly get screwed when we come back. And again, finding out you missed out on all of that because you didn't get notified about some it, and yet expected to now hit 95 like the rest is quite off putting. Either way, this is a wet blanket on my excitement for Eira. I don't care enough about a weapon to get that next 30 levels, going to uninstall vindictus to free up space for that new total war game.