[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Game stall

MelonCollieMelonCollie
Vindictus Rep: 200
in Bug Reporting
When starting the game, or coming back to it after visiting a web page (such as these forums), the game is frequently frozen.

The workaround seems to be something like: queue up an in-game action (hitting a key, for example, that brings up an in-game dialog box) and then switching away from the game and then coming back.

(When I switch away, I can see animation moving briefly before the game vanishes, but it's frozen again when I get back. It's like a toggle is being used to turn on and off the game's animation, but it's in the wrong state -- animation off when the game is in focus and animation on when the game loses focus, instead of the other way around. Presumably having something queued up causes the toggle event to be lost might not only be how I recover the game but might also be how it gets lost. I imagine a proper fix would be to somehow make this not be a toggle but instead be forced to the right state (or maybe remove this feature entirely?))