[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Bow or XGun

BirdSpiritBirdSpirit
Vindictus Rep: 915
in Kai
I've been gone a while. Does XGun still beat bow in damage after the update or are they the same? What's better for breakoffs? Is longbow ever used? I've only played bow and never tried XGun.

Comments

• IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    Gun:

break off with hand bomb with minimal damage

more mobility with higher attack speed

Higher dps now thanks to revamp

Bow:

break off point shots do additional damage, making them harder to get break offs without killing the boss.

Still has linear dodging, but you can use a counter system known as bee stings (Longbow mode only)

Magnum and ricochet shots are buffed considerably, and is able to deal piercing damage, on top of head shot damage.

Skill set is tweaked to allow more mobility for a bow kai, but it is still less mobile when compared to a X gun.

Overall: the two weapons are now about the same usage wise, but X gun still reigns supreme in damage and break off viability, along with mobility.
  • Arrow95Arrow95
    Vindictus Rep: 2,515
    About the Damage Bewteen them Yes Crossgun is better overall but just depends on the boss(Beacuse of Headshots) And Longbow ever being used, Long should be only being used on bosses unless say a boss like iset.

Breakoffs Crossgun is the king, Bow will most likely kill the boss before a breakoff
    IkarsuMochiSweet
  • ScarrletttScarrlettt
    Vindictus Rep: 2,300
    The longer the run, the stronger gun kai becomes becuz he has more enhance bolt opportunities. In a short raid, bow will do better becuz it has consistent and reliable dps over time. Gun has more of a burst dps build. For example, gun will do very well if the raid happens to end by the time enhance bolt finishes. If the raid ends right as he is about to start his next enhance bolt, his damage will suffer as non enhance bolt damage is mainly bolt storm and nuke.

Also, in raids where the boss goes invincible, gun kai can benefit greatly as his enhance bolt off time will occur at the same as this invinicble phase of the boss. Lako and eochaid are perfect example. You pop enhance bolt, do ur thing, by the time enhance bolt finishes the boss is invincible anyways and nobody can dps him. He goes underground, when he comes back up enhance bolt is ready go again, as if it had no down time whatsoever. Lako is particularly a very gun kai friendly raid.

In conclusion, it depends on the circumstances and the boss. I initially thought gun was far stronger than bow, but after quite alot of expereince with both, I realize they are very close and have their advantages.