[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Marketplace FEE

CasidyCasidy
Vindictus Rep: 910
in General Discussion
So, i literally came back in force and hungry to play some good old vindi after a long break.
However, way too many changes which are NOT player friendly!
To pass the killer fatigue, going next to my next big problem..
What exactly is with the market fee? i placed a pet for 50m on the market and get 47.5m back ? as the item was sold.
Can you stop killing the game? What´s the exact reason and what exactly do you Nexon get in return from this?
Isn´t game dead enough? You really hate your players too much and want to close it?
All you care about is money money money. For you might not be much but someone who spends 100E for those scam boxes which they never give something valuable.. IS NOT HAPPY! Brings nothing, no satisfaction, no boost and no reason to play this game!
REMOVE THE FATIGUE!
REMOVE THE MARKET FEE!
ASAP, it´s killing the game and the veterans which are still struggling to get something to sell, and in the end for their effort, you take an amount of their profit.

Comments

• DrusaDrusa
    Vindictus Rep: 2,100
    You ok? Market fee has been here since release of the game.
  • TheNewKaiTheNewKai
    Vindictus Rep: 1,405
    edited May 8, 2020
    I am almost positive we did not have this 4+ years ago.

Listing fee yes but 5% of selling price? No, that was definitely not a thing before. I would have surely noticed something like that years ago if i listed something high priced. I quit back in late 2016~ came back this jan. Maybe that was a thing back then (and im just somehow forgetting)or maybe they just changed the amount they take? Ill admit theres some things i forgot in my few years absence(i checked in every once in a while) But i feel like i would have remembered something THAT significant..

All i know is, i agree, it sucks when selling high priced items but honestly 50c for marketplace license and you don't lose the fee isnt that bad.

Edit: You know now that i'm thinking about it, no they didnt have the payment fee they had a bigger LISTING fee but it wasnt 5%.
  • CasidyCasidy
    Drusa wrote: »
    You ok? Market fee has been here since release of the game.

Was not talking about the listing fee, but the selling fee which you get from selling an item +smile.
    And no, that was not there before !
    TheNewKai wrote: »
    I am almost positive we did not have this 4+ years ago.

Listing fee yes but 5% of selling price? No, that was definitely not a thing before. I would have surely noticed something like that years ago if i listed something high priced. I quit back in late 2016~ came back this jan. Maybe that was a thing back then (and im just somehow forgetting)or maybe they just changed the amount they take? Ill admit theres some things i forgot in my few years absence(i checked in every once in a while) But i feel like i would have remembered something THAT significant..

All i know is, i agree, it sucks when selling high priced items but honestly 50c for marketplace license and you don't lose the fee isnt that bad.

Edit: You know now that i'm thinking about it, no they didnt have the payment fee they had a bigger LISTING fee but it wasnt 5%.

Listing fee before was higher yes, but the *market* selling fee was not !
  • VeneratorVenerator
    Vindictus Rep: 2,635
    edited May 9, 2020
    There was always a Marketplace selling fee and it has always been 5%. Back then if you were in a level 20 guild you got a 3% discount on MP tax making the MP sell tax 2%. BUT you had to pay a 1% listing fee to just list the item which made the MP total tax 3% ,but only because of the guild skill discount. Otherwise the MP tax is 1% to list + 5% MP = 6% tax. Additionally If you listed an item and it did not sell you already lost that 1% listing tax so it was even worst back then and on top of that if you were not in a max level guild you paid 1% more tax than now currently.

The current MP is significantly better than how it was before. The listing fee caps out at 100k and you get it back if the item didn't sell. So the cost is ONLY when you actually sell the item.

There is a very good reason why the Marketplace tax exist and if you don't understand why search up MMO Economics.

TLDR; There is no increase in MP tax, in fact it was reduced if you were not in a guild.

EDIT: Changed Listing Tax to 1%
    Emerthystlightkite
  • CasidyCasidy
    I specified already
    That i listed an item worth 50m and when the item was sold i got 47.5m back
    This was not before

Listing an item i know before it was higher, but now seems to be 100k..
  • VeneratorVenerator
    Vindictus Rep: 2,635
    edited May 9, 2020
    Alright I went back and reviewed screenshots of the old MP tax.

Listing Tax = 1%
    Sell Tax = 5%

The sell tax back then was reduced by a guild skill
    0KdgqSf.png

Which is what you are probably talking about it being cheaper. If anything the tax has always been the same, we only lost the guild skill.

An example of selling an item for 50m
    Before No Guild = 47.5m - 500k = 47m
    Before In Guild = 49m - 500k = 48.5m
    Now = 47.5m-100k = 47.4

This price difference is even worst if you wish to sell an item for 1b for example you would spent 10m just to list the item and if you couldn't sell it you lose 10m.

Before if you fail to sell you don't get the Listing fee you paid back which is horrible for selling lots of items where you don't know if it would sell. The new system is significantly better than previously and you will easily save more money by not taking the risk if an item will sell.

And I will say it once again, there is a very good reason why MP Tax exist, removing it will be terrible for the game's economy.
    lightkite
  • DancingStarDancingStar
    Vindictus Rep: 1,695
    edited May 9, 2020
    Casidy wrote: »
    So, i literally came back in force and hungry to play some good old vindi after a long break.
    However, way too many changes which are NOT player friendly!
    To pass the killer fatigue, going next to my next big problem..
    What exactly is with the market fee? i placed a pet for 50m on the market and get 47.5m back ? as the item was sold.
    Can you stop killing the game? What´s the exact reason and what exactly do you Nexon get in return from this?
    Isn´t game dead enough? You really hate your players too much and want to close it?
    All you care about is money money money. For you might not be much but someone who spends 100E for those scam boxes which they never give something valuable.. IS NOT HAPPY! Brings nothing, no satisfaction, no boost and no reason to play this game!
    REMOVE THE FATIGUE!
    REMOVE THE MARKET FEE!
    ASAP, it´s killing the game and the veterans which are still struggling to get something to sell, and in the end for their effort, you take an amount of their profit.

You can quite easily deal with it.

Generally you don't list expensive items without market license which is quite cheap anyway, and you can buy it from an nx seller if you can't afford one.

Choose the price of your item and calculate the fee you gonna pay in advance:

Ex1: 100kk worth item - 5% tax = 95kk where tax is 5kk
    If the market license cost you less than 5kk (lately the price for that license is around 1.9kk) , just use the license.

Ex2: 10kk worth item - 5% tax = 9.5kk where tax is 500k
    Useless to say in this case it worth to list without any license since the loss is irrelevant.

Ex3: Raw solution.
    Decide the price of your item (ex 100kk).
    Overcharge it on mp by about 5%.
    Once you get paid, you end up with the amount you decided from the start.

On a side note, like the others said, mp tax always existed and it exist to control the gold inflation.
    Other than that you can't generally give a fk about a game for a 'long break' and one day decide to wake up and pretend things stay like your majesty want.
    Things change :)
  • TheDazzIingTheDazzIing
    Vindictus Rep: 920
    ok :(