[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Ein Lacher Lord Glas

ShadowMadaraShadowMadara
Vindictus Rep: 2,260
in General Discussion
When was the spears disabled and who has gold it with out getting rid of the poopy portals? Also while his shield is up can't even use our ulti on him...
  1. Is having Goddess Spear fair?7 votes
    1. No, Get rid of it
       0% (0 votes)
    2. Yes, Gotta clear clutter
       57% (4 votes)
    3. Get rid of spears and remove portals
       43% (3 votes)

Comments

• NoburoNoburo
    Vindictus Rep: 2,940
    I had to gold it without using the spears on all of the characters I do Ein Lacher with because I get stuck in place after spearing him 90% of the time. The portals really aren't a problem if you're playing well enough to get a gold medal on the battle anyways, I don't think I've ever fallen into one outside of getting hit into it or wakeup rolling in.

Lockdown skills aren't necessary at all, you're basically just skipping 8% of the boss's health when you use it in any Ein Lacher battle. Leaving Glas' shield intact also keeps him predictable since he won't get flinch and then suddenly jump up and hit you during your recovery frames.
  • ShadowMadaraShadowMadara
    Vindictus Rep: 2,260
    edited December 24, 2016
    Noburo
    Noburo said:

I had to gold it without using the spears on all of the characters I do Ein Lacher with because I get stuck in place after spearing him 90% of the time. The portals really aren't a problem if you're playing well enough to get a gold medal on the battle anyways, I don't think I've ever fallen into one outside of getting hit into it or wakeup rolling in.

Lockdown skills aren't necessary at all, you're basically just skipping 8% of the boss's health when you use it in any Ein Lacher battle. Leaving Glas' shield intact also keeps him predictable since he won't get flinch and then suddenly jump up and hit you during your recovery frames.

Actually I notice a few problems of having the portals up and some with him in general.

1. If a portal happens to shift place while he does reverse gravity that new portal will not suck if but instead be pushing out.

2. Sometimes he seems like he lost your aggro for a second and begins to wander in confusion, then he can attack without pre-animation very hard to dodge if portals still exist.

3. Frame rate drops with portals up.

4. Frame rate drops when he breaks his poopy pillars and wall around the map in second phrase.

I don't think if a no hit battle such as this should have so much other elements that can ruin it, Iset & Havan together was already extremely pushing it.

EDIT: Is Forum broken? I can't quote you
  • NoburoNoburo
    Vindictus Rep: 2,940
    The admins disabled post styling while they're fixing some forum exploits, so no quotes, text styling, or images for now.

I don't know what else to say though, it's definitely doable - even on my potato that suffers immensely from the UI lag already. Barring fps problems, the portals are as much a part of the battle as Glas himself. The lost aggro issue you mentioned is unfortunate, but I don't see how that's tied to a need for the spearing mechanic aside from ending the battle faster so it doesn't happen as much, which is a real stretch.

Trying not to sound rude here, but if you can handle fighting him until he RG's without getting hit, it's just a matter of being able to play that way consistently in order to get gold without spearing. I've had many attempts where he doesn't RG until 2-3 portals have spawned; resetting the run every time that happened just because I wanted to fight with no more than 1 portal active would have been a colossal waste of time.

I'm not sure what you meant in the op about spear being disabled, but if it's the "abnormal gameplay" error, Jentemoon said they're trying to get that fixed again asap, so you should be able to go back to attempts with spears soon. If it's something else entirely like not being able to grab spears, I haven't noticed because I've never needed the spear knockdown to gold the battle across 4 characters.
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    Spears are bugged, so using them would either get you stuck in one spot until you die, or you get the infamous "abnormal gameplay" error.

Either way, while it may be annoying to some, I actually found it an extra challenge and actually got it done without taking damage with the black holes active... with a few rage inducing failures of course (65 to be exact).

Any Class can do this, but some classes take more patience... and luck than others. Most of my failed runs involved me getting too freaking greedy at the last bar and subsequently get Dunked on by RG.