[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

How do so many people have high level weapons?

TheNewKaiTheNewKai
Vindictus Rep: 1,405
Posts: 129
Member
edited January 28, 2020 in General Discussion
Did they make it so enhancing has better chances? I thought they lessened the chance for +14 and +15, yet i see so many people with +15s.

What is reforging?
And where do you farm now to make money when you are too weak to join lvl 100 raids? .-. (ive only got 42k battle/205 tech)

Comments

  • john10john10
    Vindictus Rep: 2,325
    Posts: 502
    Member
    -buy gold [check channel 1 for announcements]
    -try getting goibhnui's stone for a plus 10% enhancement
    -reforging is when your weapon recovered by strange traveler with ap only when it is destroyed from enhancement from +11 to +14
  • TheNewKaiTheNewKai
    Vindictus Rep: 1,405
    Posts: 129
    Member
    john10 wrote: »
    -buy gold [check channel 1 for announcements]
    -try getting goibhnui's stone for a plus 10% enhancement
    -reforging is when your weapon recovered by strange traveler with ap only when it is destroyed from enhancement from +11 to +14

    isnt buying gold not allowed/banable?
  • john10john10
    Vindictus Rep: 2,325
    Posts: 502
    Member
    nope
    oh yeah you can get goibhnui's stone from sealed shop
  • TheNewKaiTheNewKai
    Vindictus Rep: 1,405
    Posts: 129
    Member
    john10 wrote: »
    nope
    oh yeah you can get goibhnui's stone from sealed shop

    Do you have confirmation on that? Sure as heck wouldn't want to get banned after all the hard work ive done and money spent
  • TheNewKaiTheNewKai
    Vindictus Rep: 1,405
    Posts: 129
    Member
    I dont think i will risk anything like that
  • john10john10
    Vindictus Rep: 2,325
    Posts: 502
    Member
    i bought it before and it cost a lot of money. up to you. worth it though.
  • SefSef
    Vindictus Rep: 1,310
    Posts: 93
    Member
    Buying gold is not allowed lol don't do it not to say you'll get caught since nexon are too clueless to do anything about it unless you actually tell them

    As for how so many people have high enhance weapons, we were all lucky enough to play before they implemented this garbage anti-newbie fatigue point system.
    Reforging is basically failstack system. Each time you fail, you get a very small % success increase until you hit the cap for that enhance level at which point you are guaranteed to succeed.

    You need a rune, 2-3 sacrificial items (main essence and secondary pieces) and damascus steel to reforge which allows you to enhance again after you fail and revive the item with AP.

    It's VERY expensive and honestly going to be a lot harder to do for anyone that wasn't well established in the game before yesterday.
    If you wanna farm money your best bet now is probably gonna be to fire up those alts and farm for intermediate element stones.
    White tyrant's Challenge and Cadet Ceremony for catalysts
    Crom, Enzo, lakiora etc S2 battles. The single map boss fights at the end of each location like anwynn, ship graveyard etc etc.
    GhengisJohn
  • TheNewKaiTheNewKai
    Vindictus Rep: 1,405
    Posts: 129
    Member
    Sef wrote: »
    Buying gold is not allowed lol don't do it not to say you'll get caught since nexon are too clueless to do anything about it unless you actually tell them

    As for how so many people have high enhance weapons, we were all lucky enough to play before they implemented this garbage anti-newbie fatigue point system.
    Reforging is basically failstack system. Each time you fail, you get a very small % success increase until you hit the cap for that enhance level at which point you are guaranteed to succeed.

    You need a rune, 2-3 sacrificial items (main essence and secondary pieces) and damascus steel to reforge which allows you to enhance again after you fail and revive the item with AP.

    It's VERY expensive and honestly going to be a lot harder to do for anyone that wasn't well established in the game before yesterday.
    If you wanna farm money your best bet now is probably gonna be to fire up those alts and farm for intermediate element stones.
    White tyrant's Challenge and Cadet Ceremony for catalysts
    Crom, Enzo, lakiora etc S2 battles. The single map boss fights at the end of each location like anwynn, ship graveyard etc etc.

    Yeah this fatigue system just ruined the whole idea of farming.. is there a limit to how many times an item can be reforged? Or does the cost to reforge go up(more mats?)
    GhengisJohn
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,470
    Posts: 646
    Member
    edited January 30, 2020
    TheNewKai wrote: »
    [is there a limit to how many times an item can be reforged? Or does the cost to reforge go up(more mats?)

    No, there is not a limit in terms of what you're probably asking.

    A reforge costs the following
    -Damascus Steel (Amount determined by weapon level and enhancement level).
    -An Orange weapon core of the same level
    -Two Chunks/Ores that were used to compose the weapon
    -An enhancement rune (The unstable one via seal shop works best).

    Upon booming your weapon, you then revive it. While in a revived state, it cannot be enhanced further. This is where you must reforge & make the weapon enhanceable again. After that, you try again to plus it. If it fails again, you repeat the process.

    There is a failstack system in place that increases the success odds for your next attempt should you fail & consecutive failures create bigger bonuses. These bonuses can go up to 100% success rate so even if you're the unluckiest person in the world, you're eventually guaranteed to succeed. The number of fails needed to reach 100% is proportional to what the weapon's current enhancement level is. Example: A +10 -> +11 can only fail 4 times before hitting 100% success where as +14 -> +15 requires twelve fails to reach 100%.

    You can read up more about it here: https://vindmanual.forumotion.com/t201-season-3-chapter-3-episode-2-and-level-100
    GhengisJohn
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,060
    Posts: 981
    Member
    Buying gold is illegal - you can sell gifts from Supply Depot for gold though.

    Creating a good gear takes time and afford. A lot of us also played a lot of Onslaught, a removed PvE/PvP feature that provided a lot of Damascus Steel. Damascus Steel is required to reforge, which means ability to re-enable enhancement on restored items.