[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

i can't play without my game crashing :(

Dante95Dante95
Vindictus Rep: 600
edited December 23, 2016 in Tech Support
A few days before and after the update i haven't been able to stay logged into vindictus. When i load into the inn the npcs, my inventory, skills, and quick slot don't load in then after a few minutes i get sent to the main menu saying response from server delay or due to a network error. If i'm lucky and load in and i go to launch a boat at the dock it will say there was a response from server delay. If i'm lucky enough to start a dungeon once i get about half way through it ,i will randomly get sent back to town. I tried restarting my router and pc a couple times and still no luck. Is anyone else having these problems? Someone please help+cry.

Comments

• IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    edited December 23, 2016
    While I may not experience these issues, there is a site that will be able to test the speed and stability of your internet at speedtest.net/

This will automatically detect your internet provider and show how much ping and download speed you have, along with upload speed.

One of the main issues caused from your crashing is mainly the ping, and the download speed ratio, where if it jumps all over the place, then it will cause a server delay from attempting to connect for an extended period of time, to out right crashing during the midst of a run being the network error.

As for the instant boot back to town, there's a prevalent bug that's going around causing this problem.

Router resetting won't solve this issue as it may be issues from the internet provider you have itself. If anything, try to contact them about your plan, and see how you can improve on it at an affordable rate (if able).

There are some companies that are renown to give low quality internet since they have no known competition and thus cause a monopolization of having bad internet.

Additionally, having an Ethernet cable instead of having wireless internet will provide a more stable game play experience.

Hope this will help out at the very slightest.
  • EninyaEninya
    Vindictus Rep: 870
    Ikarsu
    Ikarsu said:

While I may not experience these issues, there is a site that will be able to test the speed and stability of your internet at speedtest.net/
    Fast.com is better in this regard. Speedtest.net is owned by Comcast and isn't accurate.
  • CriminyCriminy
    Vindictus Rep: 1,225
    Are you wireless or directly connected?

• Dante95Dante95
    Vindictus Rep: 600
    wireless
  • CriminyCriminy
    Vindictus Rep: 1,225
    edited December 25, 2016
    Start->Type in 'cmd' in search-> Run 'cmd.exe' as Admin -> type in 'pathping vindictus.nexon.net' and hit enter

Wait a few minutes, it takes some time. Once it is finished running, look at # 1 and # 2. # 1 is your computer. # 2 is your modem/router. The rest of the numbers are the hops your data takes to reach Nexon's server. You want the first 2 numbers to be 0%. Anything over 0% means you have packet loss. Packet loss can be caused by a lot of different stuff but the big one is channel congestion. Too many other people near you using the same channel. Try changing it (1, 6, or 11). Turn off other wifi devices connected to your network. Disable any Blu-Tooth devices. Then run the 'pathping vindictus.nexon.net' again and see if you get 0%s.

Your connection will also degrade heavily if someone is using up all the bandwidth your ISP provides you. Either through big downloads or uploads.

You might also try using Steam to run the game. For some reason, some people have issues with the official nexon launcher.

I wish there was more I could do. I have had usb wireless adapters go bad and had to replace them. Nothing lasts forever. Your connection issues could possibly be hardware starting to fail. It could also be viruses or malware. Its difficult to pin down the cause especially in this environment (forum). You might also try going to device manager and removing the wireless devices and restarting your pc (it should reinstall base drivers) if your wireless adapter/card drivers some how got corrupted.

Good luck.
  • HighKingHighKing
    Vindictus Rep: 310
    I started receiving similar problems as were described with a Lynn character right after I applied a two day armor suit this morning. I played Vella in a two day suit for the last two days with minor problems. To say that the problem is "internet related" is a farce. Clearly Nexon is responsible by not providing sufficient resources to the game. In what way is unclear, given that Nexon is such large organization. Given the size of this game and the amount of code required for its function, it is not unusual that there are constant problems, as has been reported due to the frequency of "maintenance" interruptions. However, I have other problems as well, where quest items don't drop or make themselves available to the player, even though the quests are checked in the story window. I have a Vella character that went through Hoarfrost Hollows without collecting Reilly's Slingshots, even though I ran the missions where they are to be, repeatingly. This began happening after the last maintenance interruption.

If you go back and play the lower levels, you will find numerous mission map changes and stronger bosses than previously, thanks to the recent maintenance change.

The more I read about this game and the more that I play it, I come to the conclusion that if it hadn't been for free, I wouldn't had spent the last two months playing it. Basically, it is incompetence on the part of Nexon America.

It is fixable. Just have to take the high level players (80 and 90's) out of Colhen, let them congregate somewhere else. Perhaps it just requires an additional sub-server just for them. Move the Raid Board to a different location within the boundaries of the game. Remove raid missions that aren't part of the main story line, until players are actually capable of doing raids, which would be level 40.

So how do I know this? I have been in the computer industry for about 25 years and I have a massive HP Compaq computer, with 80 gigs of ram on it and I am still having problems. I was beginning to think I was being targeted by the game, to force me to quit playing, based on a comment I made on the forum about someone who was banned.