[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

How loaded are the dice in dice roll?

YagaminYagamin
Vindictus Rep: 3,580
in General Discussion
We all know it's rigged. But how rigged is it?

On over 20 characters, none of them rolled a 5 on the first roll, and with the second roll, the total was never 5.

However, I did have a lot of 5s as the second roll, just to taunt me.

zDmk08a.png
  1. What was your first roll?12 votes
    1. 1
       8% (1 vote)
    2. 2
       8% (1 vote)
    3. 3
       17% (2 votes)
    4. 4
       17% (2 votes)
    5. 5
       0% (0 votes)
    6. 6
       0% (0 votes)
    7. Don't remember exactly, but it was definitely not a 5.
       50% (6 votes)

Comments

• NokaubureNokaubure
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    Just like the gachas, all of it is just a visual effect, each cell has a given % chance, server first rolls the rng and then the client interprets the results in various ways, in this case with a dice game.

At the end is like opening reward boxes like the ones in redemeers or guild dungeon, but with an added visual representation of the results.
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    This one was better odds than the attendance at least... I think with the free 8 rolls across alts + 2 characters doing 3 raids a day I managed 1 S = (premium armor fusion rune) and 2 A (1 use rune).

• NahNahBeatsNahNahBeats
    Vindictus Rep: 625
    All rng loot pulls in Vindictus is blatantly rigged. I think maybe on purpose.
    GhengisJohndaws360
  • IcyzIcyz
    Vindictus Rep: 1,030
    Dunno, but I got 0 box during the whole event
  • VladinoVladino
    Vindictus Rep: 2,875
    Same... 0 junk boxes... I was using just 1 char but havn't missed a day... >.<
    Icygoddessdaws360
  • GhengisJohnGhengisJohn
    Vindictus Rep: 3,540
    Ran on two characters. Missed two days on second character. But also collected free dice across many alts. Can report dice game is blatantly rigged. I have all of one enhance rune to show for it, but whatever, at least it's not bound so eh. For the amount of time I put in though it was a lousy return, but I do kind of feel that suits Gallagher to a tee. He could almost be the company mascot like the Vault boy. "Hey rookie! Get your NX right here! What are you hesitating for, just buy something already!"
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    For the amount of time I put in though it was a lousy return"

The free mats + ap were much better than 5 crudy hp pots etc... Honestly this was a decent event in my mind. Just "had" to run 3 raids a day, and got decent stuff at least. Just not amazing.