[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Wait, WHERE is Vindictus story going!?(spoilerz)

TransportationTransportation
Vindictus Rep: 705
edited October 12, 2019 in General Discussion
So I see a B Tank video pop up and uhh.....we're killing ADOHAN as the fish monster intro boss for Season 4!?

I wouldn't say I'm exactly caught up but like....what!?

Comments

• KursKurs
    Vindictus Rep: 2,320
    maybe we're just beating him up really badly? with the flat of our swords and the flat of our magic fireballs or something..... But it looked to me maybe it's one of those "if you want me to do your plan you have to fight me because I'm still mad at the Fomors so I need to relieve stress and hate on you"
  • TheDazzIingTheDazzIing
    Vindictus Rep: 920
    I just want to erp
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    Back in time when Aodhan was serving in the Royal Army under Ingkells' command, his family has been killed by Fomors. Due to late Season 3 events, we are asking humans and fomors to unit against a common enemy. Aodhan doesn't like that, and in result opposes us.
    BabyDani
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    I don't think the official story has been released yet. But yeah we basically have to lie about everything that just happened... And to Aodhan we have basically just jumped ship and aligned with the leadership that were horrible to him/us during S1... Hopefully we get to learn a bit more about the whole Ingkell traitor story.
  • KursKurs
    edited October 14, 2019
    wasn't the whole Ingkells traitor story more or less "the prophecy we've been fighting this whole war for is a lie and we have proof and the Pontiff knows it and now they are out to kill all of us... even if we surrender and promise not to say anything they will still kill all of us so we might as well fight". What questions do you see were left unanswered?
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    edited October 14, 2019
    Kurs wrote: »
    wasn't the whole Ingkells traitor story more or less "the prophecy we've been fighting this whole war for is a lie and we have proof and the Pontiff knows it and now they are out to kill all of us... even if we surrender and promise not to say anything they will still kill all of us so we might as well fight". What questions do you see were left unanswered?

So you could make sense of that flash back thing? And why would they decide to become a former? And where was the proof/pontiff knowing it etc? Maybe they have changed the story over time, but last I remembered all you get is a mission that makes Roirdan suspicious after Ignkell leaves. I don't think the pontiff had even been mentioned in the game at that point. Then we went and did the titan/seal-mirror story and suddenly we are told we are potential traitors and we need to go to the castle. Where we found the crying golem/we discovered they became traitors. And if I remember right we had a short cut scene of Ingkell saying they were being attacked/lifted one of those bloody plant things and then we killed them...

Honestly all I got out of the interactions with Ingkell was that Aodhan was very loyal to Ignkell and his family died because of it.

(At that point we new nothing about the pontiff being corrupt, etc. So now after our experience with the Pontiff maybe we will hear the side of the story you are alluding to.)
  • KursKurs
    edited October 14, 2019
    idk how much they changed the story... but originally if I remember correctly, we go back to Ainle during the day because of Ingkells. From what I remember Ingkells investigated Ainle or something and found what Brynn found which was evidence that the Pontiff or the Royal Army was trying to summon Morrigan. And that led to the question of why? And given the reasoning and evidence they said in the story their conclusion came out to be that the prophecy was a lie, and also there were some things about the Pontiff not really wanting to actually summon Morrigan because if she was summoned then they wouldn't have a purpose and would lose all their power. I forget the exact string of logic but back when I read it everything made sense to me and seemed fine to me. But like you said they might've changed the story a bit from how it originally was. But in the end from what I remember Ingkells fought back because he and his castle found out the truth that the prophecy was a lie and the Pontiff didn't want anyone knowing that or else anarchy might happen and/or the Pontiff may lose all their power because that would mean they've been lying to everyone and waging a war where humans were losing for a long time for nothing. This may also go into the character back stories where there's no King because the King and the prince was killed by "Fomors" but actually the King and prince was killed by an arrow of their own allies. Which probably points to the Pontiff assassinating the King and Prince so they could rule.
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    Ingells discovered the truth, and knowing that Pontiff Court will deem him and his men as heretics (traitors), he decided to take potion made out of bloody shade. As seen in Ortel Castle battles, it turned them into bloodlusted mutants - fomors so to say from season 1 propaganda. The "not even if you kill us all" refers to the prophecy, which says that the Goddess will return once every single fomor has been slain. This is not true, since the prophecy is made up, therefore the quote.

We were suspected to be traitors as well due to helping Ingkells in recent past, not that Riordian liked him or us anyway. This is one of the reasons why we decided to take care of this case.

As side note: season 2 is parallel/alternate timeline, where we avoided season 1 events so they don't happen. Well, what was meant to happen did anyway - including Ingkells thing. Except, this time one-man-army (we, the mercenary) didn't clean up this mess, so Royal Army and the Crimson Blade Mercenaries had to raid Ortel Castle. This is seen in no other than the Requiem of the Lost One - battle against Zecallion, one of Ingkells subordinates.
    Transportation
  • KursKurs
    oh wow I never thought of Zecallion that way. From what I remembered reading I always thought Nephilim as a "land of the dead" or some place where the deceased memories are replayed or they're forced to relive certain events over and over. So I assumed Zecallion was from a battle before our time or something rather than the recent past.
  • DaimusDaimus
    Vindictus Rep: 890
    We killed Aodahn because he hate Fomors too much for death of his family, and so he decide to commit a suicide in form of death duel with us then to live in world where Fomors and humans stand together side by side.
  • Mine9InchesMine9Inches
    when do we get to teach Ferghus a lession ? i dont like that guy
    Videk is fine, tho
  • Mine9InchesMine9Inches
    https://vindictus.gamepedia.com/Final,_However
    - First: In the flashback, Aodhan once used the Bloody Shade to single-handedly destroy a formor village (revenge for his family ?).
    - Second: Ingkells found out the ultimate secret of Pontiff, even surrender would result in death, so he had no choice but to rebel.
    The Pontiff was going to kill entire Royal Army when they find out the ultimate secret (Claire raid)
    Bloody Shade is the best way to booste their strength to go again Pontiff army. The reason they become formor is unknow, but it would be side effect of strong negative feelings toward Pontiff plus the Bloody Shade (which would also be the reason for Aodhan turning again us in upcomming storyline). Afterall, human are capable of becoming formor, and formor had a human clan inside their rank as well (Lechaud in Berbhe).

Anyway, i wonder when do we get to teach Ferghus a lession ? i dont like that guy
    Videk is fine, tho
  • Mine9InchesMine9Inches
    https://vindictus.gamepedia.com/Final,_However
    - In the flashback, Aodhan once used the Bloody Shade to single-handedly destroy a formor village (revenge for his family ?).
    - Ingkells found out the ultimate secret of Pontiff, even surrender would result in death, so he had no choice but to rebel.
    not even the Royal Army are safe again The Pontiff (Claire raid)
    Bloody Shade is the best way to booste their strength to go again Pontiff army. The reason they become formor is unknow, but it would be side effect of strong negative feelings toward Pontiff plus the Bloody Shade (which would also be the reason for Aodhan turning again us in upcomming storyline). Afterall, human are capable of becoming formor, and formor had a human clan inside their rank as well (Lechaud in Berbhe).

Anyway, when do we get to teach Ferghus a lession ? i dont like that guy
    Videk is fine, tho