[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Short Vindy Survey

LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
Vindictus Rep: 5,275
in General Discussion
Hi everyone,

Taking a quick survey on help / guides / resources. Please take a moment to answer these 5 questions. I hope to use the answers to come up with some ideas for my next guide(s). Thanks!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfGHQTZi1S2eaLZ0ICzUscKJRe9yqMYooHO2AzX2JWE1sYxhQ/viewform?usp=sf_link

Comments

• LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    edited May 30, 2019
    Wowie!! 66 respondents. Thank you to everyone who has answered so far. Let's take a look at a summary of the results. I will put my reactions later today in a separate post.

How long have you been playing Vindictus?

MVcEKIH.png

Since the early days - 35 (53%)
    3 - 5 years - 22 (33.3%)
    1 - 2 years - 6 (9.1%)
    New player (less than 2 months) - 2 (3%)
    First year (2 months - 1 year) - 1 (1.5%)

How often do you play Vindictus?

JdSL9zR.png

Daily - 48 (72.7%)
    Whenever there is new content - 9 (13.6%)
    Couple times a week - 5 (7.6%)
    Spring Break / Summer / Christmas Time - 3 (4.5%)
    Weekends - 1 (1.5%)

How do you rate the quality and depth of Vindictus help resources?

HCZGv5u.png

5 of 10 - 14 (21.2%)
    4 of 10 - 12 (18.2%)
    7 of 10 - 11 (16.7%)
    8 of 10 - 10 (15.2%)
    6 of 10 - 9 (13.6%)
    3 of 10 - 4 (6.1%)
    1 of 10 - 3 (4.5%)
    2 of 10 - 2 (3.0%)
    10 of 10 - 1 (1.5%)
    9 of 10 - 0 (0%)

Which help/reference sites have you used before? (multiple choice and custom answers allowed)

7aaa3bS.png

Forums - 51 (77.3%)
    Discord - 49 (74.2%)
    Wiki - 47 (71.2%)
    Youtube - 43 (65.2%)
    In-game chat - 39 (59.1%)
    Shippuu's Armory - 30 (45.5%)
    Vindictus Inn - 30 (45.5%)
    Twitch - 12 (18.2%)
    this game gonna die till 2020 if you useless gm's don't start to check and track gold and start to ban gold sellers and gold buyers - 1 (1.5%)
    none, im 200 iq - 1 (1.5%)
    google search - 1 (1.5%)
    www.heroesdb.net/items - 1 (1.5%)
    Inven (Korean Vindictus resource) - 1 (1.5%)
    Reddit - 1 (1.5%)

What types of guide/references would you like to see (multiple choice and custom answers allowed)?

KJHUXGB.png

Making Gold / Best Places to farm - 44 (66.7%)
    Character Comparison & Overviews - 34 (51.5%)
    Character Move Set & Weapon Specific - 33 (50%)
    Raids - 30 (45.5%)
    Gearing Guide - 29 (43.9%)
    New Player Guide - 21 (31.8%)
    Skills & Awakenings - 14 (21.2%)
    Ein Lacher - 14 (21.2%)
    Crafting Proficiency - 12 (18.2%)
    Transformation - 9 (13.6%)
    this game gonna die till 2020 if you useless gm's don't start to check and track gold and start to ban gold sellers and gold buyers - 1 (1.5%)
    Anything that will help new players, so that I always have someplace to point my friends to. - 1 (1.5%)
    Comrade and Pet guides - 1 (1.5%)
    Title Guide - 1 (1.5%)
    Armor Set Lists, Weapon Lists, Outfit and - 1 (1.5%)
    BOK_CHOIPrototypemind
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    edited May 30, 2019
    My responses to the survey results:

How long have you been playing Vindictus?

Experienced players dominated the poll. I was hoping there would be more responses from new players but this might be a summary of the community as whole.

How often do you play Vindictus?

Responses here not surprising considering experienced players answered the survey.

How do you rate the quality and depth of Vindictus help resources?

Wow this was surprising that most people felt the help resources were 'meh' or worse. I'd be curious to know why others feel that way. There is lots of content and the biggest problem is that a lot of that content (pre-Rise) / Wiki contain a lot of outdated information.

Which help/reference sites have you used before?

It's unfortunate that the wiki is so popular because there is just as much useful information as there is incorrect information.

What types of guide/references would you like to see?

Not surprised that making gold is at the top but I was surprised to see such high demand for topics which I already think have some good help coverage (e.g New Player Guide, Gearing Guide, Crafting, Titles, Pets). Take a look here if you are looking for a certain type of guide:

http://forums.vindictus.nexon.net/discussion/14011/comprehensive-list-of-guides
  • ElynsaElynsa
    Vindictus Rep: 1,565
    edited May 30, 2019
    To be fair, since a lot of the players participating are veterans and the question was "Which help/reference sites have you used before" rather than "do you currently use" it's not surprising that a lot of players said yes to the Wiki, especially since it's one of the first sites that pop up when you do google anything in particular and was fairly accurate for crafting pre-Rise.
  • DaimusDaimus
    Vindictus Rep: 890
    Why do you surprised that most part of Vindictus player base now are veteran if ther is almost no advertisements of Vindictus from those long gone early days.
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    Elynsa wrote: »
    To be fair, since a lot of the players participating are veterans and the question was "Which help/reference sites have you used before" rather than "do you currently use" it's not surprising that a lot of players said yes to the Wiki, especially since it's one of the first sites that pop up when you do google anything in particular and was fairly accurate for crafting pre-Rise.

Fair point. I missed adding a lot of valid options too such as inven.
    Daimus wrote: »
    Why do you surprised that most part of Vindictus player base now are veteran if ther is almost no advertisements of Vindictus from those long gone early days.

Oh I'm not surprised it was mostly veteran. Just hoping it wasn't so badly skewed (3 of 66 people).
    ===
    Anywho -- These responses have been very helpful in deciding what guide I will work on next. Thanks all !!
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    Elynsa wrote: »

Oh btw wanted to ask you Elynsa -- Did you find it suprising that 12.8% are looking for a guide on crafting proficiency? Do you think people just don't know your reference exists or are looking for more information?
  • ElynsaElynsa
    Vindictus Rep: 1,565
    edited June 2, 2019
    LoLoBooty wrote: »
    Oh btw wanted to ask you Elynsa -- Did you find it suprising that 12.8% are looking for a guide on crafting proficiency? Do you think people just don't know your reference exists or are looking for more information?

Not really. While I do provide the full crafting lists, I don't state specific recommendations on increasing proficiency nor do I really provide information on good places to farm materials, and admittedly my knowledge of that is limited. The issue I have with giving specific recommendations, aside from waiting until there's a double crafting proficiency event, is that what you should craft will vary depending on what you randomly pick up and MP mat supply and prices, which is constantly changing. If people would like me to though, I could make an edit and list farming spots I know of, and others as I become aware of them.
    LoLoBooty