[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

A lot of features are missing

Dinko4TheWinDinko4TheWin
Vindictus Rep: 1,400
edited October 26, 2016 in Suggestions and Feedback
1) There is no way to buy NX on these forums. We need a redirect to nexon.net banner on the top
2) Get support (Another banner on top)
3) Manage account ^
4) Latest threads / Latest post feature. (So we can keep updated on what we said or did last. Sometimes I post in marketplace and do not check in a week or month, and I navigate in the subscription box to see what I posted last, and see if anyone offered) Right now I would have to dig by the search or each page...

What I would like:
1) Signature feature. If you cannot implement this at least put a feature for us to put avatars to distinguish the characters we play (At the bottom of messages), and level, so it can help new players that are not good with their characters to contact via forum or IGN. (Hopefully have a name your characters section)
2) Text to be a little bigger by default
3) "About me page" Sometimes there are trust transactions, and I would like to link old threads. Building up credibility, and having a network. Instead of me digging in post.
4) Can you please bump up the marketplace section above characters like the old forums? We have to scroll down a lot in order to get to that link.

Edit:
5) Please put more topics per page. 10 is a very limited number, and would require excessive bumping...
LunaEversorSplinkKhutulun

Comments

• DealerDealer
    Vindictus Rep: 2,815
    edited October 25, 2016
    The first 3 points I can't comment on.

But for the 4th point, if you go into your profile (easiest way seems to be by clicking your name on the top right-hand corner of the page).
    Under your avatar there is are links to your "Discussions" and "Comments" .

For all your shopping threads I would suggest Discussions since that gives you a list of all the threads you have created.
    Also if you tell people to use the @ option, you will get notifications every time they post in the thread.

On your "What I would like"
    You can minimize Categories of the forums that you don't visit frequently, like the Mercenaries Tab.
  • LunaEversorLunaEversor
    Vindictus Rep: 620
    edited October 26, 2016
    Dinko4TheWin

1) There is no way to buy NX on these forums. We need a redirect to nexon.net banner on the top
    2) Get support (Another banner on top)
    3) Manage account ^

I agree, it is slightly overcomplicated that we need to navigate away from the main forum in order to purchase NX and manage our accounts.

Dinko4TheWin

What I would like:
    1) Signature feature. If you cannot implement this at least put a feature for us to put avatars to distinguish the characters we play (At the bottom of messages), and level, so it can help new players that are not good with their characters to contact via forum or IGN. (Hopefully have a name your characters section)

I would also like this feature. It would be nice if we had a dedicated area in our posts, or profiles, for listing the characters that we play. It could help with marketplace transactions, distinguish server affiliation, and just generally getting to know one another. A limited signature field would be a nice addition to the forums. (Example: "Server: East; Aliases: LunaEversor lvl90 (Evie)")
    Splink
  • Dinko4TheWinDinko4TheWin
    Dealer
    Dealer said:

The first 3 points I can't comment on. .

On your "What I would like"
    You can minimize Categories of the forums that you don't visit frequently, like the Mercenaries Tab.
    Can't do it on mobile.
  • OneLetterOneLetter
    Vindictus Rep: 1,175
    Here's a question - We can look into adding some additional profile slots for things like "Server", "IGN", or other variables, into the User Profile page. Would that work?

The issue I have with signatures, and this goes for pretty much every forum, is that it drastically disrupts readability and access. It also slows down overall loading when people have large-sized images, or long GIF's.
  • YukaniaYukania
    Vindictus Rep: 1,340
    Currently viewing on mobile and don't want to open an extra thread.

1. Can't see who was the last to post in a thread
    2. Can't jump directly to last / or wished page
    3. Page numbers are at the bottom, if I want to jump I'll have to scroll down first.

Missing a table function
  • Dinko4TheWinDinko4TheWin
    edited October 28, 2016
    OneLetter
    OneLetter said:

Here's a question - We can look into adding some additional profile slots for things like "Server", "IGN", or other variables, into the User Profile page. Would that work?

The issue I have with signatures, and this goes for pretty much every forum, is that it drastically disrupts readability and access. It also slows down overall loading when people have large-sized images, or long GIF's.
    I think that would work good especially when someone really wants to contact you when buying a item from MP section. (I have like 10 characters that are level 80+, and I usually only type 1 or 2 in.)

For signatures if it's possible to disable the image/video codes, so there doesn't need unnecessary stress on the forums. I was thinking in listing all of my character names, so people would be more likely to remember them. I met a few people from partying with them, and they usually say "Oh You are that one guy from the forums". (It's a good way to socialize, and build your name)

• DesireOfMineDesireOfMine
    Vindictus Rep: 1,650
    OneLetter
    OneLetter said:

Well there are 2 options then:
    1. Allow only text/links/etc. no pictures/gifs/etc.
    2. Allow all (with some limitations to file size and picture resolution) but add an option to disable pictures/gifs for signatures (if someone doesn't like to see signatures, or has slow internet - would be able to simply turn them off)

Signatures are really useful, because you can make some of your content 'noticeable'. Let's say you're a YouTuber/Streamer, or you've made some guide, or whatever. And you'd like more people to make a use of it. Access to this stuff for more people, would be much better if people would see it below all your posts (also pictures make it more attractive, so personally i would prefer second option).

Another issue which was mentioned in another thread - add spoilers. They would make everything much easier to read and view.
    Additionally add those spoilers as default for quotes of another people, in a way that you can see the name of person being quoted, but to see the post - you have to open the spoiler (or when it exceeds few lines), since i've noticed that it is quite messy system. It's not even about the long posts, but the fact that the quote includes another quotes. So someone quotes one person - and that person is being quoted by another person - and that by another... in the end the last person will quote 23123123 of other people in single post xD.

Also to make it easier to track a conversation, add a link to quote which directs to that post on exact page and spot.