[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Am I missing something?

MeerakuMeeraku
Vindictus Rep: 1,080
edited March 26, 2019 in Miri
So I've decided to main Miri after coming back. But I'm having trouble understanding if my "rotation" is correct.

So what I've been doing is:

-LRLR (Parrying until Hydra is up)
-LRRRRRR
-Parry
-LRRRRRR
-Parry
-Transform to Dragon (pop a focus and stamina)
-LRRRRRRRRRRR (with Parry in between if moment is right to regain stamina)
-Call the Dragon (or whatever it's called)
-LRRRRRRRRRRR (with Parry or until I un-Transform)
-LRRRRRR
-Parry
-LRRRRRR
-Parry
-LRLRLR or Parry
*When moment is right, I use the 1 SP (Blazing Spine?) move to regain 2 Wyvern thingies*
-LRRRRRR
-Parry
LRLRLR, etc.
-Repeat until dead

So am I missing a move or doing something wrong? I watched others and this seems to be the standard. I'm just wanting to make sure I'm capitalizing on Miri's potential do be a good asset to my team. If anyone has any suggestions or changes, it'd be great to know!

Thanks!

Comments

• YomaYoma
    Vindictus Rep: 580
    edited March 26, 2019
    All in all its correct, just some things:

1. If you got max flamebreath at start of battle use one or two even without hydra buff.
    2. I usually do LRR(R)LRR(R)... as the 2 last chainswings are pretty long and leave you open quite a bit.(not in garb mode)
    3. Focus is optional, if you want to use it go ahead, but i only use it if i have a low dps party to speed things up.
    4. The right time for Garb mode depends on boss and group.
    - Your everyday 90 bosses and Dullahan you wanna go Garb mode asap. (Echo after jump unless you wanna stunlock him to death... .)
    - Aes is a little tricky since you dont wanna go Garb mode into his x7 mechanic. (unless you got a karok to clash)
    - Arcana you can go garb mode asap or after x4 mechanic, depends on group dmg, if high dmg you can go asap if low dmg group after x4 mechanic.
    - Fish i'd do after he went first time into water but sometimes hes bitchy and doesnt want a bath so ya... .
    - Claire asap if you skip 6,5-x3, elchu is meh and you should go after spear phase.
    - Macha depending on group dps around x3-x5 (after first sword phase), if high dps you can go earlier.
    - Redeemers at first neam spawns 1+3 (x10+x6), then below x4 whenever its ready again. balor, well doesnt matter much, i go first human form and then whenever ready, given try not into flame wall or 1hit chain.
    5. If you use paw then if you go asap dont use it at start of fight because it wont be aviable at garb then given you dont suck a lot at sp generation.(get hit a lot, miss smashes)

These are mostly only my own thoughts about it which i've gotten from playing miri for a (long) while, so doesnt mean it's the 100% most effective way to play. Anyways about group dps, ya if high group dps less time to dps (in garb mode) so you wanna go earlier into garb even if you do so into an mechanic, you gotta figure that out yourself, since it's really situational.

Did i miss smth? Likely! Whatever, written more then i intended in the first place.
    Meeraku
  • SefSef
    Vindictus Rep: 1,310
    When actually in dragonform you should tab dodge and smash after every 3+ stack parry, avoiding normal smashes as much as possible unless you're anticipating a boss attack to parry. The burst damage from 5 stack parry and tab smash is gigantic (can easily do up to 140k damage for me at 6k AD depending on crits).

Some general tips for managing SP and Flamebreath after dragonform (or building up to it):
    -Try not to use up ALL of your flamebreath as the first bar takes twice as long to recharge as all the rest. At 85 speed the first bar takes around 8 seconds to recharge.
    -As a follow up to the previous point, after using blazing spine it is a good idea to weave in normal smashes until a 3rd bar of flamebreath recharges. Normal attack + smash deals roughly the same total damage as each individual chainswing hit. You might deal slightly less dps in the moment but in the long run it pays off massively because you don't end up waiting ages to start recharging flamebreath = less downtime between stacks = more SP = more flamebreath and so on.
  • MeerakuMeeraku
    Vindictus Rep: 1,080
    Sef wrote: »
    When actually in dragonform you should tab dodge and smash after every 3+ stack parry, avoiding normal smashes as much as possible unless you're anticipating a boss attack to parry. The burst damage from 5 stack parry and tab smash is gigantic (can easily do up to 140k damage for me at 6k AD depending on crits).
    Coming back 4 months later, I'm confused by this part. Could you or someone clarify?