[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

I'm sure many won't like this suggestion :)

CloakshireCloakshire
Vindictus Rep: 4,580
in Suggestions and Feedback
Currently, party leaders are able to create boats that restrict battle power, tech, etc. While I personally don't utilize this feature, I would like to see the ability to restrict other aspects of battle.

Give party leaders the ability to restrict the use of:
Comrades
Goddess Graces
Merc Pots

Kthx
Anthonytonyboy

Comments

• vgfan100vgfan100
    Vindictus Rep: 2,085
    I like the suggestion; it harkens back to the old Vindictus format where you had challenges like "Win without using HP potions" or "Season of Macha," which made enemies have special abilities that made the battles way more challenging. However, to be fair, I think if you are going to limit these things, you need to do the following:

- Limit Comrades? You can't use pets either. This could be a problem since pets were not a thing until 2013, making this challenge obsolete if you don't use pets or comrades in the first place.
    - Limit Goddess Graces? You can't use feathers of any type.
    - Limit Merc Pots? You cannot heal by any means except with Evie's Coronas/Restoration, Syla's Illusion Shield, and other character abilities that heal.

Another consideration is rewarding players for winning battles under these conditions. In the olden days, you were rewarded Battle Points, which were used to unlock new battles. If it were me, I would just reward more gold and an additional Seal of Dedication per challenge. Again, it's an idea; I don't know if it will work.
    Anthonytonyboy
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    vgfan100 wrote: »
    I like the suggestion; it harkens back to the old Vindictus format where you had challenges like "Win without using HP potions" or "Season of Macha," which made enemies have special abilities that made the battles way more challenging. However, to be fair, I think if you are going to limit these things, you need to do the following:

- Limit Comrades? You can't use pets either. This could be a problem since pets were not a thing until 2013, making this challenge obsolete if you don't use pets or comrades in the first place.
    - Limit Goddess Graces? You can't use feathers of any type.
    - Limit Merc Pots? You cannot heal by any means except with Evie's Coronas/Restoration, Syla's Illusion Shield, and other character abilities that heal.

Another consideration is rewarding players for winning battles under these conditions. In the olden days, you were rewarded Battle Points, which were used to unlock new battles. If it were me, I would just reward more gold and an additional Seal of Dedication per challenge. Again, it's an idea; I don't know if it will work.

I kept my OP rather short and sweet and neglected going into detail behind the reason for each change. I'm glad to see at least one other player that likes the idea and yearns for ye ol' days when the game was arguably harder, albeit more rewarding imo.

I'll touch on each of my reasons behind each change.
    • Comrades.... oh where to begin on this waste of space in the game's code. Comrades to me are a poor excuse to simulate the former 8-man raid experience. I don't like the idea of raiding with 4 people and 4 npc's. Not only that, but in my eyes they deal free damage for the owner. I'm of the mindset that if you want to do damage, get in there and do it yourself. Don't rely on some npc that can tank an ungodly amount of damage to do it for you. I've never owned one so I'm not sure how much damage they do, but from what I've been told, they deal a good bit. Even if they only did chip damage, I'd be against them as it comes down to the principle.

• Pets... Going off of your suggestion about pets, for the most part I'm okay with them. They only provide a small buff, can die easily, and are better used for QoL tasks like mining, picking up drops, etc. I wouldn't miss them if they were gone, but unlike the comrades, I don't want them gone lol.

• GG limit... The reason I suggested this is because too many times I see people face-tanking, dying, popping a GG, and repeating. I guess death doesn't mean anything anymore. Being able to consistently shrug off the consequence of poor play, IE: Death, hinders someone's improvement. This is also partially why it's becoming less common for people to use feathers outside of redeemers. In my opinion, GG's should be the "OMG last resort option," not something people consume like candy.

I personally throw away all my GG's because I believe in the consequence of death. It gives me a moment to reflect on how/why I died. While I wait for someone to feather me, I'm replaying the death in my head and notating what I did wrong and how to improve. This allows me to further myself as a player as opposed to those that spam GG's and never learn from their mistakes.

• Merc pots fall into the same category as GG's.
  • vgfan100vgfan100
    Vindictus Rep: 2,085
    edited February 5, 2019
    Now I understand with the context you provided.

1. Comrades: Yep, I really wish they did not contribute to the player's overall damage dealt to the boss. It's really unfair for those who either don't have them or don't use them. What's worse is you get more cores depending on where you place in the standings. In a way, it kinda feels like Pay2Win because if Comrades are doing a ton of damage to the boss, then the others players are at a disadvantage, which results in them getting less evil cores, which means less chances to get good drops, which means less gold. If people can host 8 people, why get rid of 8-man raids? That was what got me playing this game in the first place.

2. Totally agree about no GGs and merc pots making the game fun. I remember when players had no GGs or very little and would actually fail the battle. If Nexon can fix the difficulty options of the game, I think this would be a great addition.

New Idea: What if pets and comrades contributed to the total damage of the party on the boss (instead of for the player that owns the pet or comrade)? Then, you eliminate the factor or pets and comrades contributing to a player's total DPS/standing. :)
  • AngelYukkiAngelYukki
    Vindictus Rep: 2,300
    vgfan100 wrote: »
    1. Comrades: Yep, I really wish they did not contribute to the player's overall damage dealt to the boss.
    They don't.
    A pass for me on this idea - I don't see a point in limiting others when you can just limit yourself to have fun (ex: throwing away GGs, not upgrading gear, soloing).