[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Additional damage and 50% damage pot question

TradespotTradespot
Vindictus Rep: 1,795
edited December 18, 2016 in General Discussion
**Assuming same character**,would:

Going from a +11 weapon to a +11 with an exquisite damage pot represent 50% damage increase...so the ususal damage+half of the usual damage

vs

going from a +11 weapon to a +15 weapon...100% damage increase so literally double the damage?

Because some make it sound as if the damage pot was representing a doubling of the usual damage wich seems not accurate.Also,do they both ignore cap?

And last question,could i compare an exquiste damage pot on a+11 being similar to jumping from 150 additional damage to 225 additional damage or it doesn't work that way

Comments

• IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    edited December 18, 2016
    Okay, seems like you are throwing a load of questions in at the same time...

To start, we need to find what weapon you are using, as the additional burst formula varies from weapon to weapon.

as one example, at its base for cross guns, A +15 heremon's X gun is slightly stronger than a +11 90 X gun with all orange mats due to the massive difference in crit ratio and additional burst damage. Be aware that I have said slightly as the guns do not depend on stats itself, but the user of the X guns.

The main difference between a +11 weapon and +15 weapon is having a 20 attack speed difference, along with double the additional burst potential.

for some weapons, this speed difference is usually the deciding factor in terms of dealing the most damage as they are able to attack more often.

so if a hollow shot on a +11 does around 18,000 damage, then using a damage increase potion that increases all damage output by 50% at the cost of extra durability and max durability when it wears off, would formulate the hollow shot to around 27,000 damage. This is from the first blast whilst the enhance bomb is active.

additional burst comes as a percentile, so a +11 is 150% additional burst, while a +15 is 300% additional burst.

so with the 150% additional burst hollow shot as mentioned earlier doing 18,000 damage, we can estimate that a clean weapon of the character having the same stats doing the same attack would do 9,000 damage less than the +11 weapon, or 11,000 damage. Now that we have found the burst modifier, we can double that from the base and represent that as a +15, and calculate that this hollow shot on the first blast with enhance bomb active, will do an astounding 29,000 damage before any damage modifier potions are active.

To formulate, having a +15 weapon with a 50% increase damage output would actually increase the burst modifier to 350% from the base weapon's power, and using a 100% potion will increase its potency to 400% from the weapon's base damage.

Now, with these calculations in play, we can calculate these two modifiers on a +15 when compared base without these modifiers.

with the 50% potion in effect, the first hollow point can reach as high as 49,500 damage,
    and with the 100% potion in effect will skyrocket this blast to a whopping 55,000 damage. and this is only the first blast with enhanced bomb active.

However, these calculations are based on an attack limitation of 23,000 attack and assuming that the attack crits due to the game's cap (excluding nilfheim, royal army raid and abyss arena as they have no known attack limitation).
    When you reach beyond an attack cap, the extra attack rating is not applied, but the weapon will do normal damage on that respective boss. Since they are additional burst modifiers calculated from the base of the weapon itself, they do not ignore the game's cap UNLESS you are in the 3 dungeons mentioned in the parenthesis.

To conclude, the 50% damage pot adds additional burst modification to your current weapon. Since a +11 has a base 150% modifier, adding this potion will increase this power to 200% for the 50%, and 250% for the 100% potion from the weapon's base power. This is also not factoring in the differences in attack speed, which allows the user to attack more often in the same amount of time, which is usually the deciding factor to doing the most amount of damage.

Critical hit ratio and critical damage output, along with balance also factor in to these calculations as well, so be aware that not all attacks will output this amount of damage. This is also an assumption that the user has 90 balance.

This has been extensively tested on both heremon's and 90 X gun with all mats orange and enchanted with righteous and judgment enchant scrolls attached to them and may vary from weapon to weapon, along with different scroll combinations.
    If there are any further questions, please let me know.
  • TradespotTradespot
    Ikarsu
    Ikarsu said:

Okay, seems like you are throwing a load of questions in at the same time...

To start, we need to find what weapon you are using, as the additional burst formula varies from weapon to weapon.

as one example, at its base for cross guns, A +15 heremon's X gun is slightly stronger than a +11 90 X gun with all orange mats due to the massive difference in crit ratio and additional burst damage. Be aware that I have said slightly as the guns do not depend on stats itself, but the user of the X guns.

The main difference between a +11 weapon and +15 weapon is having a 20 attack speed difference, along with double the additional burst potential.

for some weapons, this speed difference is usually the deciding factor in terms of dealing the most damage as they are able to attack more often.

so if a hollow shot on a +11 does around 18,000 damage, then using a damage increase potion that increases all damage output by 50% at the cost of extra durability and max durability when it wears off, would formulate the hollow shot to around 27,000 damage. This is from the first blast whilst the enhance bomb is active.

additional burst comes as a percentile, so a +11 is 150% additional burst, while a +15 is 300% additional burst.

so with the 150% additional burst hollow shot as mentioned earlier doing 18,000 damage, we can estimate that a clean weapon of the character having the same stats doing the same attack would do 9,000 damage less than the +11 weapon, or 11,000 damage. Now that we have found the burst modifier, we can double that from the base and represent that as a +15, and calculate that this hollow shot on the first blast with enhance bomb active, will do an astounding 29,000 damage before any damage modifier potions are active.

To formulate, having a +15 weapon with a 50% increase damage output would actually increase the burst modifier to 350% from the base weapon's power, and using a 100% potion will increase its potency to 400% from the weapon's base damage.

Now, with these calculations in play, we can calculate these two modifiers on a +15 when compared base without these modifiers.

with the 50% potion in effect, the first hollow point can reach as high as 49,500 damage,
    and with the 100% potion in effect will skyrocket this blast to a whopping 55,000 damage. and this is only the first blast with enhanced bomb active.

However, these calculations are based on an attack limitation of 23,000 attack and assuming that the attack crits due to the game's cap (excluding nilfheim, royal army raid and abyss arena as they have no known attack limitation).
    When you reach beyond an attack cap, the extra attack rating is not applied, but the weapon will do normal damage on that respective boss. Since they are additional burst modifiers calculated from the base of the weapon itself, they do not ignore the game's cap UNLESS you are in the 3 dungeons mentioned in the parenthesis.

To conclude, the 50% damage pot adds additional burst modification to your current weapon. Since a +11 has a base 150% modifier, adding this potion will increase this power to 200% for the 50%, and 250% for the 100% potion from the weapon's base power. This is also not factoring in the differences in attack speed, which allows the user to attack more often in the same amount of time, which is usually the deciding factor to doing the most amount of damage.

Critical hit ratio and critical damage output, along with balance also factor in to these calculations as well, so be aware that not all attacks will output this amount of damage. This is also an assumption that the user has 90 balance.

This has been extensively tested on both heremon's and 90 X gun with all mats orange and enchanted with righteous and judgment enchant scrolls attached to them and may vary from weapon to weapon, along with different scroll combinations.
    If there are any further questions, please let me know.
    Thx

Yes,i was testing some runs to see the differance in numbers between my+11 and a +15.Since i don't have a +15 i wanted to check the differance with a 50% pot.I tried and it looked nothing like double damage so i wanted to double check.I heard some people saying double damage and wanted to clear it up.

I was under the assumption that if in both case i have cap attack/balance/crit jumping from a+11 dagger to a+15 should *technically* double my numbers?
    Because i taught it was only the effective attack that was cappped

• IkarsuIkarsu
    edited December 18, 2016
    Additional burst functions as an additional modifier from the weapon's base. The reality from this formula is that +15 is not technically twice as powerful as a +11 as people may assume it does, but some +11 weapons can out damage +15 weapons because of the way the class is played, and how a player plays that class.

going from 11 to 15 would mean that you are technically doing 1.6x the damage from that weapon's +11 when compared to its +15 counterpart, assuming that you are going the same speed, and that you are doing the exact same attack pattern. It's a bit off from double damage, but other factors that increase attack speed temporarily can increase this factor even further. Such an example is with the werewolf's paw, where that boosts attack speed for 30 seconds.

That means if my weapon can do 25% to the boss on a normal party, then we can assume that if I were to somehow by some miracle get a +15 90 with the same stat rolls, then that would mean I could increase that damage output to an astounding 40% to the boss on a full 8 man raid assuming that the other 7 participants try their best to wittle down the boss's HP. This factor also varies from boss to boss, and class to class. It can also increase exceptionally from having a high attack speed stat.

when it comes to addition, you are adding the additional damage that the multiplier has calculated from, so if you have a +15, you are doing 300% damage, plus the weapon's base damage added together.

Assuming that the other stats are capped out, except for speed as there is no known cap for it, you can calculate your estimated dps when you spam the same skill over and over again, assuming where there are factors that don't have cool down.

X+Y% would calculate how much weapon the weapon can do, where X is calculated as the weapon's base damage, the highest point it can do as a +0, and Y represents the additional burst modifier on the weapon once it reaches beyond 5 in enhancement level, where the two numbers calculated would output as the weapon's over all damage.

so say that you play a hurk and you execute a perfect counter that does a base damage of 10,000 at +0.

Now we plug in the numbers where 300% represents having a +15 weapon.

10,000+300% = 40,000 damage.

Now lets plug in the modifier for +11, where it is 150%

10,000+150% = 25,000 damage.

now if we divide the damage done by a +15 weapon with the damage done from a +11 weapon, we will get an exact damage modifier of 1.6x, rounded to the nearest tenth as calculating with numbers that are in the hundreds, tens, and ones digit will yield a random decimal in thousandths, sometimes ending up having decimals in a repetition to no end.

so If two weapons of the same stats, but one is +11, and the other is +15, then the +15 weapon will be 1.6x stronger than the +11 weapon, assuming both play styles and attack cycles are factored in.

• TradespotTradespot
    Ok thx
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Tradespot
    Tradespot said:

Ok thx
    You are welcome.
  • ScarrletttScarrlettt
    Vindictus Rep: 2,300
    edited December 18, 2016
    Idk what I just read but you are incorrect Ikarsu. I will just simplify this and break all previous myths about additional damage. Just know that from +10 to +15 the damage difference is roughly 10.2% without including bal roll, spd, crit or attk. This is just the flat increase from additional damage only. I spoke to Shippuu and he confirmed it with me.

Damage pot is exactly 50% increase in overall damage. Stacking the two doesnt cause any multiplicative effect or anything crazy like that. Its just simply additive. So to give you an idea, a +10 23k, 90 bal, 130 crit and 50 spd character will do about 10.2% less than a +15 23k, 90 balc 130 crit and 50 spd of the same character. If I had damage pot, you just add an extra 50% overall damage independant of additional damage.

Also additional damage affects every weapon type equally. Ikarsu, Im not sure what you wrote but it was very complicated and not correct at all.
  • TradespotTradespot
    Around 10%.

I see.I'm just curious to see the average increase in numbers that i would get from having a higher additional damage.10% is not as high as i taught it would be but i guess with the speed taken in consideration i would't complain.
  • TradespotTradespot
    Scarrlettt

Idk what I just read but you are incorrect Ikarsu. I will just simplify this and break all previous myths about additional damage. Just know that from +10 to +15 the damage difference is roughly 10.2% without including bal roll, spd, crit or attk. This is just the flat increase from additional damage only. I spoke to Shippuu and he confirmed it with me.

Damage pot is exactly 50% increase in overall damage. Stacking the two doesnt cause any multiplicative effect or anything crazy like that. Its just simply additive. So to give you an idea, a +10 23k, 90 bal, 130 crit and 50 spd character will do about 10.2% less than a +15 23k, 90 balc 130 crit and 50 spd of the same character. If I had damage pot, you just add an extra 50% overall damage independant of additional damage.

Also additional damage affects every weapon type equally. Ikarsu, Im not sure what you wrote but it was very complicated and not correct at all.
    For the damage pot,i taught of usual+half of usual as for example 8000+4000=12000? On a specific roll

• ScarrletttScarrlettt
    Vindictus Rep: 2,300
    Tradespot
    Tradespot said:

Scarrlettt

For the damage pot,i taught of usual+half of usual as for example 8000+4000=12000? On a specific roll

Yeah it does work like that. Thats what I meant by 50℅ overall damage. I just it doesnt do some weird multiplicative effect with additional damage.
  • TradespotTradespot
    ok thx