[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Blackcipher CPU usage spiking?

Comments

• DeafEyeAnceDeafEyeAnce
    Vindictus Rep: 535
    Running on a laptop (yes I know):

Black Desert: 30fps solid on medium (I do not have a super computer)
    Vindictus on lowest: Anywhere from 90 in town staring at the floor, to 2fps in a battle.
    It might just be the aliens though.
    GhengisJohn
  • VallestiVallesti
    Vindictus Rep: 1,120
    I don't see any blackcipher in my processes
    Anyways, Devcat just needs to stop making maps/boss rooms that are heavy in animated objects and textures. Juggernaut map with all those moving gears or braha with all those moving clockworks are two examples. We don't pay attention to those... They should go back to making plain and simple boss maps like in season 1.
  • FlufffyParrotFlufffyParrot
    Vindictus Rep: 1,055
    edited December 20, 2016
    For me blackcipher isn't really a problem. For me, the biggest problem is the goddamn HUD. it takes away like 20-25 fps. When i hide it i get like 40-50 fps, sadly, i can't play without it since i need the hud to cast spell as Evie so i get garbage fps. I'm pretty sure that the HUD shouldn't make you lag like that. If i could get a constant 50-60 fps i would enjoy this game so much more. We need an optimization update.

graveyard ship with hud : 20-25 fps
    without hud : 40-45

I also read that this game doesn't use multi processing correctly, so everyone with a processor that uses multiple cores just suffer a lot. If its true then fixing that issue would be a great start.

GhengisJohnarkaine757
  • EninyaEninya
    Vindictus Rep: 870
    Vallesti
    Vallesti said:

They should go back to making plain and simple boss maps like in season 1.
    Glas Ghaibleann's room was miserable, and so was Titan and Irukul for some people. Season 1 wasn't all sunshine and rainbows for performance.
    FlufffyParrot

I also read that this game doesn't use multi processing correctly, so everyone with a processor that uses multiple cores just suffer a lot. If its true then fixing that issue would be a great start.
    It's mostly true. There's some things you can do to attempt to mitigate this glaring flaw, but AMD processors are always at a disadvantage due to Intel's superior per-core capability.
    GhengisJohn
  • AarcaneAarcane
    Vindictus Rep: 325
    well I personally would rather play with hackers than not be able to play at all.... nexon, your call... (not holding my breath)
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    FlufffyParrot

For me blackcipher isn't really a problem. For me, the biggest problem is the goddamn HUD. it takes away like 20-25 fps. When i hide it i get like 40-50 fps, sadly, i can't play without it since i need the hud to cast spell as Evie so i get garbage fps. I'm pretty sure that the HUD shouldn't make you lag like that. If i could get a constant 50-60 fps i would enjoy this game so much more. We need an optimization update.

The main cause of the UI lag is because it attempts to update every status effect icon every, single, second.

The party info window is the main source of the lag because it shows you buff icons for the whole party. Go to your UI settings and tick the first 4 to under battle UI to disable them. You will still have your status effect icons. If you need to enable the party info window temporarily to look at your party hp or something, just hold down the environment key (i think its tab by default).
    GhengisJohn
  • FlufffyParrotFlufffyParrot
    Vindictus Rep: 1,055
    Question2
    Question2 said:

FlufffyParrot

The main cause of the UI lag is because it attempts to update every status effect icon every, single, second.

The party info window is the main source of the lag because it shows you buff icons for the whole party. Go to your UI settings and tick the first 4 to under battle UI to disable them. You will still have your status effect icons. If you need to enable the party info window temporarily to look at your party hp or something, just hold down the environment key (i think its tab by default).
    is it normal that the three buttons in ui settings (battle ui, system ui and bottom button ui) don't seem to do anything, i can click on them but they don't seem to do anything. Can you give me the name of the 4 settings that you wanted me to turn off?
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    Those buttons reset the associated UI settings. You need to tick the checkboxes instead.