[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Break off for Pestis (Lochlann plains)

IkarsuIkarsu
Vindictus Rep: 3,765
edited October 25, 2016 in Battle Quests and Guides

since I lost the original tips and tricks for this. I'll keep this short and simple.

BO location: barrel on his shoulder.

Flinch animations required: 2.

Recommended items/skills: Spears, hand bombs, sticky bombs, Chain blades.

Cores dropped: 1 (up to 2 if your luck is different or have a divine/luck blessing active)

Drop table for the core:
Waking stone Damage (F-B)
Waking stone Cool Down (F-B)
Waking stone SP efficiency (F-B)
Waking stone Efficient stamina (F-B)
Waking stone Knockdown Rating (F-B)
Waking stone Major Cool Down (F-B)
Smooth legendary shard (blue to orange)
Solid legendary shard (blue to orange)
Perfect legendary shard (blue to orange)
Heavenly leather
Godly cloth
Paradise enhancement stone

Total different items dropped (not including special rolls for purple and orange shards): 48

Comments

• ZensZens
    Vindictus Rep: 10,795
    thanks for the info <3
    deliabaeFoxyNymphHinataChaaaanRikaaaaaaSilentBeautyYuriSakiSan
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    No prob. Someone asked if there was a break off for pestis and there were mixed answers in the old forums. Just wanted to get this one back ASAP when the new one came around.

The other ben chenner bosses also have break offs as well with the same rolls, except for their weapon shards in case you are curious about that.

As follows:
    Callidus's spiked shoulder pad (lightweight)
    Akadus's wooden decoration on his left shoulder (Keen)
    Valus's chest ornament (Stable)
  • ZensZens
    whoa,,, so its wrth breaking off the s3 maps now LOL i didnt know they had another chance for an orange ... derp, do sticky bombs work ok there too?
  • IkarsuIkarsu

whoa,,, so its wrth breaking off the s3 maps now LOL i didnt know they had another chance for an orange ... derp, do sticky bombs work ok there too?
    Yes, the same applies with other bosses, but I recommend to bring another member in case the sticky bombs should fail for whatever reason.
  • ZensZens
    does it take like 1 or more bombs like spears or is it a single bomb for the break :O
  • IkarsuIkarsu

does it take like 1 or more bombs like spears or is it a single bomb for the break :O
    I find sicky bombs more viable as it gurantees a flinching animation when it detonates as opposed for a random chance given for spears.

However, sticky bombs are harder to make, so make your shots count, and try not to throw one on top of each other at once.

If you have a pet, you can throw a sticky bomb to your pet for a walking bomber, allowing it to achieve the break for you as you are dodging a boss's attack.

for a pack of 20 bombs, you need 40 iron ore from dethrone the white tyrant, 40 gunpowder in the general store, and 40 vampire essences found from the unveiling truth.

Hand bombs are also viable if you have a kai in your group.