[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Considering returning

LunaMerciLunaMerci
in General Discussion
I was considering returning, but a couple things are holding me back already. Lynn's new weapon caught my attention, and I came back to give it a try. I have a level 91 Lynn already, but it seems I already missed my opportunity to give 15 of the Neverplayedbattleshade for the free +10 battleshade. Does this mean I have to spend however long it takes grinding just to get a decent level 90 battleshade to play with now that I missed the event? Seems like it will take a lot of time or money just to get a decent weapon that I missed out on for free, not sure if it's worth all the hours. Any suggestions for how to get a decent battleshade or the quickest way to farm for a new weapon? It's been a long time.

Also, a little worried because I can't log into my old account on the website. It tells me it was de-activated, but then when I go through the email process of resetting the password, it just tells me it's de-activated still after the password reset, any fix or ticket?

Comments

• PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    1) Sounds like your account was lost in the old migration because you didn't register it for transfer in time. A parting gift from Nexon when they were still actively doing things to screw up the game for the little community that remains. You'll have to start over.

2) A +10 rare 90 weapon like the one that comes from the boxes is easy to make. It requires far less effort than it used to. If you'd started a day or two ago you also would have easily had enough time to level a new Lynn all the way to 80 at least and gotten the extra Enhance, Enchant, and Premium Enhancement Rune. If you have the time you could try and knock it out before maintenance/reset tomorrow.

Even if you don't make it, you can buy a +10 90 for not much gold, or make one yourself in a relatively short period of time. Much more easily and cheaply than back in the day. You should play a bit and see if you want to return first, doe. Game is quite different. No real challenge until S3 for the most part, and the game is a ghost town before you get there as well.
  • JinyieJinyie
    Vindictus Rep: 1,830
    If you really wanted to play Vindictus again you're gonna have to make a new character again. It's not as bad as before since the story is just straight forward access by clicking the mission title from anywhere in town QB has story progression mode. Should reach lvl 90 if you dedicate several days. And you get free OJ main/purple sub +10 90 Weapon/Armor from the character growth under the event tab just for reaching lvl 90. The extra couple crit/bal you're missing from the full OJ isn't much of a loss from the given equipment, at least you're getting all the additional damage for free. This should help you get into anything but dullahan/aes. Not sure how long ago you quit or if you already know this, but I would set a goal to make oj dullahan armor and +13 90 weapon using the seal shop enhance protection stones. Good luck!
  • KursKurs
    Vindictus Rep: 2,320
    boo4u wrote: »
    Not really worth coming back to this game. Monster Hunter Online will be shortly released which is worth trying out.

SSSHHHHHH you. don't let potential players run away D:
  • MerciiiMerciii
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    Thanks everyone, good news is I found my account. I was able to build a level 90 weapon with some leftover gold pretty cheap and get it to +10 with some leftover items. Have a lot of leftover stuff from events and seals of bravery, so it's not so bad with all the new free stuff that's available.

I started this game before Evie came out, so it will always have a place in my heart. Also, the graphics still hold up today and I still think it has the best combat.

I actually have Monster Hunter Online for Xbox. Great game, but grinding for jewels got old after a while. I still think Vindictus has the best combat.