[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Who else does this?

QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
Vindictus Rep: 4,960
edited March 24, 2018 in General Discussion
Who else gives their alts their main's hand me downs when the next best gear releases? I don't know, I feel like this saves gold in having to enchant all over again. And infusing. That dreadful infusing.

Comments

• YagaminYagamin
    Vindictus Rep: 3,580
    edited March 25, 2018
    The problem is if it booms, mainly due to enhancing, you can't hand it down. Would be nice if they make it so that boomed stuff can be sent to the same account instead of stuck on the one char.

What I did for Dulla armor was to have a set on my main, then on an alt I make another set, if the enhance passes my main, I unbind and send to main to boom. If it doesn't pass main, I still have decent gear on alt which isn't really wasted.
    PhoebeHalliwelWilko
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    Vindictus Rep: 5,275
    edited March 25, 2018
    For me the cost of unbinding is too prohibitive. I'd rather put the money towards a more modern set. Certain pieces (such as chest) can be created without much headache.
  • PuppymanPuppyman
    Vindictus Rep: 3,055
    edited March 25, 2018
    *Looks at bound +12 helm on main and bound +12 glove on alt-main*

only if

AvpExKS.png
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    LoLoBooty wrote: »
    For me the cost of unbinding is too prohibitive. I'd rather put the money towards a more modern set. Certain pieces (such as chest) can be created without much headache.

If you use R7/R6 scrolls than the unbind cost is nothing. That said now that >+10 armor means anything all mine have been boomed ;-( (At least I sent my regina gear to my fifi before booming that set.)
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    Vindictus Rep: 5,275
    edited March 25, 2018
    ikevi wrote: »

If you use R7/R6 scrolls than the unbind cost is nothing. That said now that >+10 armor means anything all mine have been boomed ;-( (At least I sent my regina gear to my fifi before booming that set.)

The bind on each item is 8. 8 x 5 armor pieces = 40 unbinds.

5 unbind pots per package = 8 Airtight Unbind packages x 12.5M estimated NA price = ~ 100M. 100M ain't 'nothing'.

Although, as others pointed out most of my armor is already destroyed, soooo...

• ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670

5 unbind pots per package = 8 Airtight Unbind packages x 12.5M estimated NA price = ~ 100M. 100M ain't 'nothing'.

Although, as others pointed out most of my armor is already destroyed, soooo...

I don't know why you would be buying unbinds now unless absolutely needed. Regular unbinds are 3-4 m for 5 so your real cost shouldn't be above 32m assuming you are smart and at least wait till the next gotcha event.

That said it takes what 2.5 scrolls to stick? So lets just average 10 m per scroll. Too tired to figure them all out, some will be cheaper (~3m) (timeless,stigma, expeditionary) others will be closer to 20m (echoing/heartless/weeping). So that is 10 (scrolls)*2.5 (attempts)*10 (cost) + 15 runes you used up scrolling them (each rune is worth ~15m)... For a grand total of ~475m just to scroll. Toss in whatever it cost to get them to +10 + all orange and whatever you paid to max crit res/str etc over time...

Heck I still agree with my statement that even at super inflated price you are quoting for unbinds it still is nothing compared to what I would spend to remake my lv 90 gear that I gave to my fifi. (Or to "just" make better lv 95 gear.)