[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

How long until prices become 'reasonable'?

PrototypemindPrototypemind
Vindictus Rep: 8,530
edited December 12, 2016 in General Discussion
It seems the gold sellers and their bots are finally being cleaned up pretty effectively, so there's not an excess being poured back into the game. Prices have dropped some, but most accessories are sill up near the 100m mark, and outfitters are still 500m+ The gold drop rate for missions in game is barely enough to cover the repairs of highly-enchanted/enhanced gears--something that EU complained about for a while but that wasn't really an issue here because of all the artificial gold going back into the game--and needs to be adjusted.

That said, if the gold rate is increased so that players can actually earn funds beyond their repair costs and the game stays relatively active, how long do you see it taking before prices for items get into a reasonable realm?

Comments

• ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    What is your idea of reasonable? Personally I would argue that end game gear is already reasonable. The only items that are expensive are best of the best items, and those (say +15 lv 90 weapons) still sell for less that it take for the average person to make them.

Note by reasonable I am not saying you can buy anything from the gold you earned just running missions. I am going off of what you get back from just selling whatever you earn.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    If you can only sell those items at 'market price' to players who were around during the gold boom then I don't consider it to be reasonable. I mean getting to a point where a new player could grind, sell mats and such to other players, and begin to gear up over time. There definitely is help with the changes to the seal shop, and I know that drop rates for scrolls will continue to be poopy enough that prices will have to stay at a certain point, but I still think there has to be a happier medium considering there won't be all that excess gold flowing in anymore.
  • BowtacojrBowtacojr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,545
    edited December 12, 2016
    I doubt it will ever get to whatever rate you're looking for, simply based around the fact that there really isn't a strong gold sink aside from repairs, which isn't much to those with all the gold, and the +8 event that rarely get's implemented.

On top of that, with a dying player base, things will only get more expensive as there are less people farming for them, sure that means less buyers and the price will go down somewhat, but not to the level that you're thinking.

The only reason that some things have dropped in price is due to the seal shop updates, it has nothing to do with there being less gold in circulation.

Edit: Listing fees are also a gold sink, which I is a pretty good one, but even then, people who pay the huge listing costs might not be the ones with all the gold, since there are other ways of selling high price gear for much cheaper, like buying a mega at peak hours.
  • quietguyquietguy
    Vindictus Rep: 1,010
    I think I get what OP means...before the event, many things were much cheaper. Scrolls, accessories, you name it. And now, in the last week of the event, prices are swelling up beyond ridiculousness. Example: Pre-event Temporal was 5m, now its 15m; Pre-event Enlightened was 60m, now its 80-85. Pre-Event White kitty brooch took a dive to 40-50m, now its up again. And enchanted rings?? 500m??(price lowered from 600m) I'm about to check in to the Betty Ford Clinic for drug abuse.

And there's been an increase in bots...never use to see them past ch. 5. Not for a long time. Now they're past ch. 20. And charging more for gold than I have ever seen before. So, it looks to me like some people want get paid, in more ways than one. After all, they can't sell their gold as easily if they don't artificially create the demand for it, can they?