[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

To people with an i7 7700k cpu

noobienoobi0noobienoobi0
Vindictus Rep: 300
edited March 25, 2018 in Tech Support
is ur vindictus running at 60fps even with hosting and doing anything that might cause you to lagg? have u experienced any frame drops with the cpu? im getting one this wednesday

Comments

• DebahrDebahr
    Vindictus Rep: 1,300
    This game will pretty much never run at 60fps at all times. 7700k at 5.0 GHz will still run into some issues. You'll be fine for the most part, but don't expect 60fps day in and day out for this game.
    Sir_Render
  • noobienoobi0noobienoobi0
    Debahr wrote: »
    This game will pretty much never run at 60fps at all times. 7700k at 5.0 GHz will still run into some issues. You'll be fine for the most part, but don't expect 60fps day in and day out for this game.

ahh ok thx for ur answer. but dam that sucks i jus bought the cpu for 300$ hoping it would run this game anywhere at 60 fps
  • BullBull
    Vindictus Rep: 1,060
    edited January 22, 2018
    nah you still won't get the full 60 fps experience, but game will run much smoother overall.
    Sir_Render
    Bull wrote: »
    nah you still won't get the full 60 fps experience, but game will run much smoother overall.

ok what about hosting? will i run into fps problems? heard the 7700k has no problems with that
  • BullBull
    Vindictus Rep: 1,060
    Consider i can host w/o any fps problems with my i5 6500, your 7700k will be great
    Consider i can host w/o any fps problems with my i5 6500, your 7700k will be great

nice
  • DebahrDebahr
    Vindictus Rep: 1,300

ok what about hosting? will i run into fps problems? heard the 7700k has no problems with that

It hosts just fine, as long as your internet is also good. You will always run into FPS problems with this game, but the 7700k will somewhat minimize the severity of the issues.
  • hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    60 FPS solid even in full party Aes raid here.
    60 FPS solid even in full party Aes raid here.

very nice
  • BladeXAngelBladeXAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,805
    constant 60fps is a luxury in the vindi world.

7700k+1070 here, mostly fine, no major issues yet...fps lag/skip frame sometimes.

7700k+1070 here, mostly fine, no major issues yet...fps lag/skip frame sometimes.

i have the same. did u overclock ur 7700k?
  • FreakingAngelFreakingAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,350
    edited January 23, 2018
    Anyone saying they've got a solid 60 FPS in this game with a 7700k is either straight up lying or just exaggerating. It's just not going to happen with a game so poorly optimized as Vindictus. Yeah you might stay at 60 seconds maybe for 30 seconds or maybe even a few minutes but you're not going to get a constant 60 FPS at all times in this game with that processor everywhere you go, Vindictus just has some of the worst game optimization around.

I'm on an 8700K with 1070ti and 16gb DDR4 RAM, I always host my own raids and my FPS is constantly going down to 59 and back to 60. My FPS goes all the way down to 30 for a second when I use a potion for a second which was also happening on a much older AMD FX-6300 processor. I thought upgrading to the most powerful consumer CPU out right now would fix that but nope.

So no it isn't a fixed or constant 60 FPS any and everywhere you go, your FPS will dip at times. And when going to ch 1 or those channels with more people expect your FPS to take a hit.

But as far as raiding goes you shouldn't see any noticeable lag at all and overall gameplay wise you won't lag during raids whether hosting or not.
    Anyone saying they've got a solid 60 FPS in this game with a 7700k is either straight up lying or just exaggerating. It's just not going to happen with a game so poorly optimized as Vindictus. Yeah you might stay at 60 seconds maybe for 30 seconds or maybe even a few minutes but you're not going to get a constant 60 FPS at all times in this game with that processor everywhere you go, Vindictus just has some of the worst game optimization around.

I'm on an 8700K with 1070ti and 16gb DDR4 RAM, I always host my own raids and my FPS is constantly going down to 59 and back to 60. My FPS goes all the way down to 30 for a second when I use a potion for a second which was also happening on a much older AMD FX-6300 processor. I thought upgrading to the most powerful consumer CPU out right now would fix that but nope.

So no it isn't a fixed or constant 60 FPS any and everywhere you go, your FPS will dip at times. And when going to ch 1 or those channels with more people expect your FPS to take a hit.

But as far as raiding goes you shouldn't see any noticeable lag at all and overall gameplay wise you won't lag during raids whether hosting or not.

thx for ur answer. i now know what im going to expect. have u tried overclocking ur cpu to make it even better?
  • FreakingAngelFreakingAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,350
    edited January 23, 2018
    No problem.

Oh I did actually buy a delidding kit for my processor (pretty much mandatory if you plan on overclocking, the chip is known to run pretty hot and the thermal paste that comes with the chip under the lid is just terrible, delidding decreases temps by a considerable amount, something like 10-20 degree decrease but you run the risk of killing your CPU) but so far I haven't found a game to play where it was so demanding that delidding and overclocking would be worth it. I already get 59-60 FPS on most everything I've thrown at it on max settings.

So for now no I haven't overclocked but I may in the near future, especially if a game is good enough and it makes sense to do that if I'm not getting a stable 60 FPS.
  • AnastaAnasta
    7700k OC to 4.66 with 1070. No problem hosting 8, all can get 4-5 bars if they are on WC. FPS wise mostly 59-60. Channel 1 drop to 40 ish sometimes. Aes drop below 60.
    It's not the problem of CPU, it's the outdated engine of the game. For example I can play Witcher 3 with all on Ultra with constant 60 fps.

My old comp - Intel 3.0 dual core 8800 GTS ancient piece of artifact could host 8

• 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    edited January 25, 2018
    7700k from my experience I managed between 50-60fps. It was never constantly 60 that's for sure. It definitely helped with being able to stream Vindictus but since the 7700k wasn't designed for streaming the sacrifice of stream quality for frames was an issue. So I dropped the 7700k for Ryzen since all I do is stream xD (I do UI my runs mostly anyways because I play good without it anyway) but the 7700k DOES play the game good. Tho I play on KR so....that's why I've had good experiences with it. If the 7700k doesn't help much on NA/EU clients then Nexon NA has a lot of work to do.
    LeXicO
  • AnthonytonyboyAnthonytonyboy
    Vindictus Rep: 4,665
    i7 7700k & GTX1060 6GB, with multicore 50fps~60fps, without multicore 30fps~60fps, 7700K is really nice
    Still when I want to lag myself open/close inventory/friendlist/battle spam, I reached 0fps NHtAGp5.png
    UlpMkkf.gif
  • BladeXAngelBladeXAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,805

i have the same. did u overclock ur 7700k?

did not.
  • DragonRiderDragonRider
    Vindictus Rep: 2,600
    I would toggle UI off for better fps.