[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Ambient Occlusion?

BullBull
Vindictus Rep: 1,060
in General Discussion
Any guides for turning on Ambient Occlusion for vindictus? Most guides were lost with the old forum and googling doesn't yield any results.

Comments

• Sir_RenderSir_Render
    Vindictus Rep: 1,720
    Would love to know this for steam as well personally
  • ProR2D2ProR2D2
    Vindictus Rep: 2,085
    edited January 18, 2018
    Download Nvidia Inspector, create new profile, find and select the .exe, select the quality of AO, and enable it.

FZEGq1e.jpg

It messes up colors for me so I wouldn't fully recommend it.
  • MrGattoMrGatto
    Vindictus Rep: 1,575
    For me the Guild Wars 2 compatibility feels better and not as overkill as the Aion one,also doesn't mess with my colors or anything.
  • FurielFuriel
    Vindictus Rep: 3,330
    edited January 19, 2018
    Anyone experiencing a flickering in Colhen in certain angles?
  • iMiniiMini
    Vindictus Rep: 2,065
    Furiel wrote: »

The flickering is caused by certain objects; usually from other players. The most common cause of it are the white fairy wings.
    Maybe even the shining wolves.
  • FurielFuriel
    Vindictus Rep: 3,330
    iMini wrote: »
    Furiel wrote: »

The flickering is caused by certain objects; usually from other players. The most common cause of it are the white fairy wings.
    Maybe even the shining wolves.

But i'm also experiencing it when there are no other players around
  • BatSnacksBatSnacks
    Vindictus Rep: 680
    edited January 20, 2018
    Some more information for anyone else wanting to try out Ambient Occlusion-

If you just can't get it to work with a profile for Vindictus.exe, Set the profile to "Global_Driver_Profile" in the drop down list. Bear in mind, you will have to turn Ambient Occlusion off after you finish playing. (just set the "Ambient Occlusion usage" setting to enabled/disabled)

Some popular AO compatibility settings for Vindictus are:

- Aeon (for very dark looking Ambient Occlusion)
    - Black Desert
    - Skyrim
    - Guild wars 2
    - Counter Strike Global offensive (as it's also source engine)

Feel free to experiment with others, and let us know which one you like. I'd like to see a screenshots thread or something comparing the same area with different settings.

Colhen docks has flickering if you look at the entrance towards the town and move the view left/right; it turns Ambient Occlusion on/off. It's annoying but only appears to happen in the Colhen docks area, and i guess you could use this to see the difference with it on and off.

Goodluck and happy hunting!
    Sir_Render
  • MrGattoMrGatto
    Vindictus Rep: 1,575
    edited January 20, 2018
    BatSnacks wrote: »

Feel free to experiment with others, and let us know which one you like. I'd like to see a screenshots thread or something comparing the same area with different settings.

Colhen docks has flickering if you look at the entrance towards the town and move the view left/right; it turns Ambient Occlusion on/off. It's annoying but only appears to happen in the Colhen docks area, and i guess you could use this to see the difference with it on and off.

I've tried a lot of them in the past but some of them don't even work or very buggy/too much like the Aion one.
    Out of the ones I've tried I prefer the Guild wars one,its a light version that makes the characters look better a bit imo and barely any flickering issues.

The problem with experimenting is that every time you have to restart the game,etc and Vindi is not exactly a fast start up game on a standard Hard Drive.:P

Since I don't really play the game actively anymore but still interested in the technical stuff,might do some testing later with screens.
  • AnthonytonyboyAnthonytonyboy
    Vindictus Rep: 4,665
    6Iynpxh.gif
    UlpMkkf.gif
    Sir_RenderPixelPantsu
  • DragonRiderDragonRider
    Vindictus Rep: 2,600
    Nvidia will probably do the trick.
  • MiraakMiraak
    Vindictus Rep: 625
    edited September 23, 2018
    Do this Ambient Occlusion have requirement system? like what vga or cpu for use? i tried and got black screen then it show bug