[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Taxes

DameEnNoirDameEnNoir
Vindictus Rep: 520
in General Discussion
Hello everyone!

So I don't know from since when do we have this in updates but it's really annoying for selling 1 item for 20kk and some 'taxes' take away from you 1kk... I would like to know where are those taxes going to ? From the rise and Miri update i find making money really hard specially for people without luck that does not drop every day. For me 1kk is a lot to take away for taxes,no ? If i pay tax of 1kk for item worth 20kk how much I will pay for item worth 100kk ? It's ridiculous,no ? Drops are reduced and I have some REAL difficulties to afford anything to myself..

Thank you for your patience! :D
With love -H.

Comments

• CashewsCashews
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
    As far as I know they don't go anywhere. I can only imagine it was put into place to help lower the gold supply in our server since there was so much of it floating around.

I actually don't mind it that much when selling items because I usually sell cheaper things there, but it's really annoying when using the mailbox. Maybe they also did it to try and combat gold selling since they'd take a pretty huge tax when trying to send the gold someone's way. Dunno.
  • HallyHally
    Vindictus Rep: 1,985
    edited January 16, 2018
    The tax is eaten by the server as a form of "gold sink".

It also attempt to encourage people to spend money on nx for premium market licenses. Premium listed items pay no tax.
  • hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    edited January 16, 2018
    Both marketplace and mail system have been set up and are maintained by Brynn & Ferghus Co.. Guess who needs money for Shayla's special needs and "magic" powder you see on the table in Brynn's laboratory.
    BabyDani
  • MadcobraMadcobra
    Vindictus Rep: 5,230
    edited January 16, 2018
    you pay for listing in market place 100 gold thats why they take rest in "tax" how you wrote it , before we just paid for listing more ,atleast if item is not sold and coming back to you , you dont waste gold used for listing in market place , because you waste only 100gold , before when you was puting item for 20kk to market you had to pay for list the item around 1kk and when item was returning to you , you just wasted your gold , so its a good update actually
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    Same as in our world, taxes are used for various things. As You may expect, most is consumed by "the government" - in this case it's The Pontiff Court, Royal Army and "the holy war". Other than that, we got Colhen renewed, hot springs were added (investment to further profit off people - soaps are monopolized), and of course cleaning service - the dragon of Rocheste is like big pigeon.

On other hand - what some infamous vendors do is a different topic. Also, don't get fooled by Royal Army Recruit being The Little Match Girl - I leave at least 150k daily over there.
    StormCrusherBabyDaniAzeluna
  • FreakingAngelFreakingAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,350
    edited January 18, 2018
    Basically you all have to pay for Nexon's incompetency and inability to deal with gold sellers.

Yes that's right, Nexon thinks it's fair to punish the entire server as a whole and make us pay "taxes" on every transaction because they have no control over all the gold selling going on, because of one group of players that have billions of gold we all have to pay for it whether you're rich or poor ingame.

The "taxes" go nowhere.

That extra gold being deducted from the item you sold on the Marketplace was for nothing. Besides helping Nexon try and take gold from the gold buyers which is a lost cause.

I guess calling it "taxes" is their way to try and make us think it's okay to do this.

"Oh it's just taxes like you pay in real life, no big deal."

Nexon's psychological tactics amuse me lol

Because of this gold selling issue, something that has nothing to do with honest legit players you all are punished for it anyway so they force the whole server to pay "taxes". This is how little respect Nexon has for its players.

Wake up people and stop supporting this terrible evil moneyhungry greedy game company.
  • AbaddanAbaddan
    Vindictus Rep: 2,320
    I've said for a while they need to get rid of taxes and carriage fee. Doesn't really make any sense why they would be in place. Carriage fee eh I guess isn't a huge deal but i don't see why it cost money to post things for sale and then be charged for selling them in a game. Also I think all NX items should be account shareable. (even if they're gifts why bind them to one character?) Nothing like sitting on max ap and 3 pages of ap capsules I can't do anything with.
  • DragonRiderDragonRider
    Vindictus Rep: 2,600
    it really is ridiculous to keep the man down with in-game taxes.
    DameEnNoir
  • BabyDaniBabyDani
    Vindictus Rep: 1,735
    SirRFI wrote: »
    ... the dragon of Rocheste is like big pigeon.....

hehe

• DragonRiderDragonRider
    Vindictus Rep: 2,600
    BabyDani wrote: »

hehe

hehe
  • DameEnNoirDameEnNoir
    Vindictus Rep: 520

hehe

hehe

hehe
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    DameEnNoir wrote: »
    hehe
    hehe
    hehe
    Actually, this issue is mentioned in dialogues several times, even in Season3. Furthermore, there is/was a quest about getting fake Renos ore (which is said to be valuable) to feed the dragon, so people do the dirty work cleaning the city from the poo-poo's thinking it's the actual ore. Other than that:
  • ZeroheartZeroheart
    Vindictus Rep: 7,740
    why can't they crack down harder on gold sellers? Pretty sure the gold farmers are still using hacks and bots , or how about doing a system where it will do a robot verification test every 5 battles, and answering correctly will award the player with like a free erg, pots, mats or ap buff?
  • KMonkKMonk
    Vindictus Rep: 1,495
    Guys, guys, everytime you clear a dungeon, the game "create gold" by giving you rewards in form of gold. When you sell item to your peer on the market, gold do not disappear. If no gold sink is created, the amount of gold will increase exponentially and will cause inflation, to the point that newcomer can't keep up with the prices of goods on the market. Percentage based taxes on sales will keep the gold amount in check. The more the inflation, the more gold go into the sink and correct the inflation.
    StormCrusherBOK_CHOI