[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Low fps while hosting

Kaede1337Kaede1337
Vindictus Rep: 100
in Tech Support
When hosting boats from 2-8 players i always get 20-30 fps, even in the 10s during some boss fights. But in solo im always at 60 fps regardless of how much is going on. I even turned off shadows, lighting is on low, AA on 2x, particles on medium, and other players effects are also off. Just wondering what can i do so i dont lag so much in multiplayer? My internet is 300/10 and my PC Specs are i7 2600k, gtx 970x 16gb ddr3, and samsung 850 evo ssd.

Comments

• IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    It has something to do with the black cipher (whatever that is) eating up the CPU like mad. When you open the task manager and go to processes, you can see how much CPU it exactly eats up, which causes this atrocious lag. There are some cases where it can go as high as 75-80 CPU used when raids are hosted.

You can try to kill the process to improve on your performance, but it will end up flagging your account for moderating and subsequently kick you from the game.

It doesn't matter how great the computer parts are, Black Cipher has this issue where it gobbles up 75% of the processor's CPU without provocation, which is what deters many hosts from doing raids, and often end up resorting to soloing the run.

If you plan on doing raids, I would suggest leaving it to a 5 man run (If you can handle the weight of the disadvantage), and change particle effects to low, so you won't get boom boom particles from kai causing lag, along with staff evie's fire magic tree. Regina, Juggernaut, Druid, and Cromm are known raids that will cause the host to lag greatly.

If you have wireless internet, and are able to use an ethernet cord, I would highly recommend to use an ethernet cord as it is more stable for internet usage.